Why cant you equip both specializations?

in PvP

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

Why can you only equip one specialization?

Not sure why I can’t have my HoT and my PoF specializations equipped at the same time……or am I just not seeing it.

in PvP

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

specialization. special

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

The whole of specialization is to force you to give up something, that’s why the concept of builds exist. It is the reason why the first minor trait activates the specialization weapon.

Arena net doesn’t want to worry about balancing specialization of the same profession. With the current system, they only have to worry about core vs specialization 1, core vs specialization 2 and not core vs specialization 1 vs specialization 2 etc…

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyNewb.6789

TheMightyNewb.6789

It’s an elite specialization. If you equipped only elite specializations it would no longer be elite

in PvP

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

Just wait for the third expansione. We will be able to run 3 elitè at the same time to achieve the maximum Power Creep level ever reached in GW2.

little big wizard – Eu

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

You’re missing the whole point of elite specializations from Anet’s POV: it allows them to expand the game without having to do exponentially more work with each expansion.

Currently they have to balance 1 elite spec and how it interacts with 5 other trait lines/various skills.

When they release the next one they still only have to balance it with the 5 other core trait lines and skills.

in PvP

Posted by: Scipion.7548

Scipion.7548

Why can you only equip one specialization?

Not sure why I can’t have my HoT and my PoF specializations equipped at the same time……or am I just not seeing it.

Think about this :
If you play Guardian and spec into Drangon Hunter AND Firebrand, which virtues would appear ? Those of DH ? FB ?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Because elite specialization alters core class mechanics in different ways. They are just designed to be mutually exclusive to one another.