Why did they remove soloq and teamq?

in PvP

Posted by: TalleFjanten.7159

TalleFjanten.7159

I mean why? this is an example, I queue solo to meet other players solo for an even and fair match http://imgur.com/09zKu29 if you not gonna bring back seperate queues leave the current queue and bring back soloq only as an alternative. Everyone knows more people plays soloq then teamq, why do u favour a minority and ruin the experience for the rest.

in PvP

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

This is unranked …

in PvP

Posted by: TalleFjanten.7159

TalleFjanten.7159

Who cares, still stupid af

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Q: Why did they remove teamq from ranked?
A: For the greater good

Q: Why didn’t they remove teamq from unranked?
A: To make possible join with friends an guildies..
To not make Guild Wars 2 “I stand alone Wars 2”

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

When we had Solo Queue and Team Queue (1-5 player groups), solo queue had horrible queue times, subpar matches (from low population) and was driven by “solo queue hero” mentality. Everyone who wanted to play a team game queue into team queue, regardless of group size. So ANet just ditched solo queue.

In S1-S4 people whined about constantly being stomped by premades (which wasn’t true in the least), so ANet caved and the whiners decided on solo queue. Now we have a bunch of solo queue heroes and the PvP population is dying.

This is why design-by-poll is bad.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

When we had Solo Queue and Team Queue (1-5 player groups), solo queue had horrible queue times, subpar matches (from low population) and was driven by “solo queue hero” mentality. Everyone who wanted to play a team game queue into team queue, regardless of group size. So ANet just ditched solo queue.

In S1-S4 people whined about constantly being stomped by premades (which wasn’t true in the least), so ANet caved and the whiners decided on solo queue. Now we have a bunch of solo queue heroes and the PvP population is dying.

^

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Actually, anyone could vote for this. 80% of the voters didn’t played more than 100 spvp games.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

In S1-S4 people whined about constantly being stomped by premades (which wasn’t true in the least)

Sure it had some truth to it, it simply depended on circumstances, e.g – a mediocre player would get plenty wins against pre-mades, because often they would face pre-mades of lower MMR players, whilst their team would have higher MMR solo/duo players to compensate playing against a 4 or 5 man pre-made, at that level the low MMR pre-made is often ineffective and it a normally a win for the mediocre players.

Conversely a high rated player would often fare much worse against a pre-made because he would face much better pre-mades, who were far more effective as a team, more likely to have meta cheese comp, etc.

Now we have a bunch of solo queue heroes and the PvP population is dying..

The PvP population of this game died long ago, which is why they have been bribing players from PvE/WvW to play PvP to make up the numbers for a long, long, time, which is why back when we had team & solo queue people queued team, nothing to do with it being a team game as most queued solo, simply the rewards were higher.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They removed soloq at beging because few people that did teamq complained about long queue times. The problem was, that with only teamq we had premades with ts farming solo players for easy wins (and a lot of (paid) carries of players to ratings where they don’t belong). The community wanted soloq back, so it was added back.
I assume teamq was disabled because the population simply can’t support it so the chances of wintrading for titles are basically 100%.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: MystF.5186

MystF.5186

Right now EU leaderboard has only about 250 players platinum and up. Imagine how many of this total are concurrently online, and actually playing ranked PvP, and how many 10-player simultaneous matches you can have. While we have pretty short queues, then at least half of the match players are from lower divisions. No wonder ArenaNet removed division badges from end-scoreboard of the match.

With separate queues you can either throw short queue times or the last remaining bit of matchmaking system into a trashcan. And good duo queue players totally destroy the game for solo queue people. Good duo has better communication and are harder to kill and can keep rest of the team up. While they farm wins, concurrently playing solo players don’t achieve that.

I always play solo and I have done over 100 games this season with 1.4 win/loss ratio and I’m starting to lose interest, because alone I can never reach to the level of duo people, who only need to play 15-50 games to stay on top. Now you may say it’s all my fault that I won’t duo up with one of my in-game friends or look for new friends, but obviously there are many people like me. And we, solo players, are the players, whom duo players take advantage of.

Therefore this game has only one direction. Dead 8-week PvP seasons. They may as well make leaderboard minimum games requirement as maximum games required and end the season with one week.

Also the game totally lacks creativity, people always running same one meta trash build. HoT stacked up every class with so much crowd control. CC-lock or be CC-locked. So many core skills are now useless, because of elite specializations.

So many CC-spamming double endure pain condi berserkers out there. I’m forced to take my double plague signet boon converting condi reaper and I take out that trash like a beast. Other than that I still mostly play core power necro, because it’s awesome… for me. And every other class I play is a core one, but never take them to ranked, because my playstyle on them lack efficiency.

So, do there exist hammerless engis or staffless rangers? Swordless or shieldless mesmers? Efficient warriors without defense trait line? When do we see turrets, spirits or spirit weapons again? Conjured weapons? Shout heal warriors? Necro focus weapon? Can’t imagine any game mode where this comes useful, as everyone has access to loads of boons nowadays… it’s slow anyway. Or any useful class with full signets? Every class still has one or two heal skills which can be considered as best. Balance updates are always so linear – first build is nerfed to the ground and next build is buffed enough to make a great efficiency gap between two builds.

Also using only one type of utility skills could be a viable option, but seems no. Totally out of design.

(edited by MystF.5186)

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

SoloQ is trash. I dont want to be thrown in a match with some 12 year old german boy and 35 year old french guy who doesnt speak a word of english.

DuoQ is trash. Because you still have 3 ppl who are selected randomly. Ofc good players can carry those players. But not everyone. And you say “well you belong to that div then” okay what if Im legendary? You say I belong to legendary but cant carry my teammates because of duoQ? so whats next? There isnt anything to do when u reach legendary! Theres no point for casual legendary players to try to take #1 spot! Because u wont keep up with those 2 who shall not be named and always duoQs.