Why did they remove swapping characters?

in PvP

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

I don’t understand, I thought this game’s PvP was designed just like how Overwatch was designed? to be able to freely swap between all classes at will/at every death.

Now I hear that they removed the ability to do so after the initial match countdown? I thought they intended for us to be able to swap characters when the match outcome does not look good enough for your current team comp, you’re supposed to learn how to counter and counter-counter in competitive pvp.

It feels like they have no idea how to design a proper pvp mode…

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Not this again. There arw 1 or 2(at most) meta builds for every class you should be able to look at what the other team has at start up and change up based on that if you really feel the need to change. I can honestly say people switching out a minute or two into the game based on the other teams comp I never saw that happen in the past. I mean never. Apparently that happened all the time according to people like you. And no A-net has never ever officially endorsed the idea of counter comping. The fact that counter comping exists shows you how badly A-net has failed. A-net billed this game as bring whatever you want type game.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

in PvP

Posted by: Kir Sakar.3647

Kir Sakar.3647

I don’t think mid-game swapping was ever intended. They had even locked the ability to change your build (on the same chararacter) during match since forever, so why should it have been intended to swap classes? It was simply a loophole that some players used and I am glad that it is fixed. Counter-comping should not be a thing, making a decent comp on your own team should. There is time before the match starts to do so.

Charr Chronomancer | Asura Tempest | Charr Druid | Charr Guardian
(Seafarer’s Rest, EU)