Why did you remove bunk in the first place?

in PvP

Posted by: MountainPanda.5831

MountainPanda.5831

If Anet is going to buff Thieves and Necros to such extent, why do you remove bunker in the first place? The damage dealt by thieves and boon corruption by necros currently can easily break any bunker class pre patch. So now you remove bunkers and over buff the 2 classes with thieves dealing 1 shot damage and necro doing ridiculous amount of boon corruption, this is the state of PVP you want?

Go play unranked and see for yourself what kind of rubbish this current balance patch is. Extremely sloppy work.

in PvP

Posted by: Dril.2495

Dril.2495

Played a fair amount of unranked so far. Feels a lot more fun than pre-patch. Bunkers had to go because they were unskilled and broken. Damage is higher now overal, but that goes both ways, hit 3 abilities and a thief is dead. Their damage should be relatively high to balance out their low survivability.

Its obviously unfortunate that mesmer/elementalist doesn’t have a very good place right now. (from what i’ve seen atleast!) But maybe they can still fix some of the weaker classes and we’ll have a pretty interesting and fun season 2 ahead of us then.

in PvP

Posted by: Katoh.4069

Katoh.4069

Its actually sad that the game is just a DPS race. Anyone who says otherwise has not been in a 4v4 fight on a middle node. You either drop in 3 seconds or you drop someone in 3 seconds. most of the time not even knowing what you hit them for or what they hit you with. Its just a battle royal of everyone getting their DPS rocks off.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Its actually sad that the game is just a DPS race. Anyone who says otherwise has not been in a 4v4 fight on a middle node. You either drop in 3 seconds or you drop someone in 3 seconds. most of the time not even knowing what you hit them for or what they hit you with. Its just a battle royal of everyone getting their DPS rocks off.

Yes, positioning yourself correctly and coordinating your dmg cds against the focus is the most important thing on teamfights, and I dont know how is this a bad thing

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Katoh.4069

Katoh.4069

Yes, positioning yourself correctly and coordinating your dmg cds against the focus is the most important thing on teamfights, and I dont know how is this a bad thing

Mainly because when the game was created they said no holy trinity which I was fine with, but they would have a semi style called support control and damage. Well the control and damage now go hand in hand you get both and support is almost non existent people run builds that help themselves stay alive albeit not long, and their Is no group support anymore. I don’t have to say more than this…

We have a class called “GUARDIAN” who is the single most squishy bunker style play in the game. He has no help to provide in this state of the game yet his name is GUARDIAN. he cant guard anything other than his spawn point. or the target dummy.

Don’t you feel there is no flavor to pvp anymore? You can almost guess what class you will be fighting and what build they will be as soon as the Q pops.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Quoted from:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/New-to-PvP-Start-here/first#post3383589

“Bunker – As a bunker, your main role is to support your teammates and to keep control over capture points. Players accomplish this by building very defensively, either through large health-pools, high-healing power, or builds that focus on evasion.”

Sorry to shock you but Bunker are not Deleted or Removed. Main bunker player, like me are experimenting with other builds right now.

On top of my head, there is 4 elite spec that have good bunker potential. (can stomp, can rez, can cleanse, can AOE heals, can boon their team mate, can CC/Interrupt, can take cleave)

Lately, with a scrapper bunker, my trio win a match versus Thunderbird and Firebird duo. Neither the burst from that Overpower Necro or that Crysis DPS warrior was enough to kill my bunker experimental build. (i have screenshot at home)

I am taking big name from Radioactive, to let you know that bunker is still a viable role versus high level players. But since I switch to meta bunker to my experimental bunker build, I did lost 1 game over 2 night play.

Did played more than 7k with different bunker builds/classes.

Dal

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Mainly because when the game was created they said no holy trinity which I was fine with, but they would have a semi style called support control and damage. Well the control and damage now go hand in hand you get both and support is almost non existent people run builds that help themselves stay alive albeit not long, and their Is no group support anymore. I don’t have to say more than this…

We have a class called “GUARDIAN” who is the single most squishy bunker style play in the game. He has no help to provide in this state of the game yet his name is GUARDIAN. he cant guard anything other than his spawn point. or the target dummy.

Don’t you feel there is no flavor to pvp anymore? You can almost guess what class you will be fighting and what build they will be as soon as the Q pops.

Quoted from:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/New-to-PvP-Start-here/first#post3383589

“Bunker – As a bunker, your main role is to support your teammates and to keep control over capture points. Players accomplish this by building very defensively, either through large health-pools, high-healing power, or builds that focus on evasion.”

Sorry to shock you but Bunker are not Deleted or Removed. Main bunker player, like me are experimenting with other builds right now.

On top of my head, there is 4 elite spec that have good bunker potential. (can stomp, can rez, can cleanse, can AOE heals, can boon their team mate, can CC/Interrupt, can take cleave)

Lately, with a scrapper bunker, my trio win a match versus Thunderbird and Firebird duo. Neither the burst from that Overpower Necro or that Crysis DPS warrior was enough to kill my bunker experimental build. (i have screenshot at home)

I am taking big name from Radioactive, to let you know that bunker is still a viable role versus high level players. But since I switch to meta bunker to my experimental bunker build, I did lost 1 game over 2 night play.

Did played more than 7k with different bunker builds/classes.

Dal

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

This game is certainly better. If you like double mes, double rev, and a tempest or scrapper meta. You would realize that is 4 out of 9 classes that were used. With Mesmer and Ele down a bit. Others have chances they have almost never had aka Necro. Mesmer and ele might even find a good build. Who knows? In my opinion if your class is failing try all the other classes like the other people did. You aren’t a special snowflake. Everyone has been through this before, some, more than others.

P.S. I literally stopped playing gw2 halfway through season 1 because the bunker meta was so slow. This is a welcome change. Believe me

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

If we are going to have bunkers, it needs to be one that can’t survive indefinately on its own. More of a support. The closest to this is bunker guardian.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

If we are going to have bunkers, it needs to be one that can’t survive indefinately on its own. More of a support. The closest to this is bunker guardian.

100% agree brotha.

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday