Why didn't Anet do a balance patch b4 S5?

in PvP

Posted by: BigPlays.9260

BigPlays.9260

They had the entire offseason to do so. So much condi aids. No wonder I quit pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

They did do a balance patch before the season 5 started tho. They add a condi amulet and a condi rune plus nerfed Rev, buffed Thief, and other things as well.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: BigPlays.9260

BigPlays.9260

They did do a balance patch before the season 5 started tho. They add a condi amulet and a condi rune plus nerfed Rev, buffed Thief, and other things as well.

really not that much of one. Condi aids still runs rampant in every game.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

really not that much of one. Condi aids still runs rampant in every game.

Well that’s because there’s not even as much personal condi cleanse per minute as there are personal condi bomb and forget and kill abilities. So ofc condi is going to run rampant in every game. Every game I’ve played was against teams with atleast 3 condi players. As a team effort the condi cleanses are enoth with “coordnated” effort. But you can only control what you are doing. So again meh, wasn’t expect anything anyways.

Don’t worry the next balance patcher will be in March. Just hold on till then if you must play Ranked PvP matches in GW2.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They did do a balance patch before the season 5 started tho. They add a condi amulet and a condi rune plus nerfed Rev, buffed Thief sets that nobody uses and won’t use anyway, and other things as well.

fix’d.

On topic, they did some balancing before the season started. We might see more, since they finally started to split skills. I am assuming they are testing it out (on us lol) atm.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Complain about condition seems to be politically correct thing to do.

However, in reality, 6/9 classes are better on power builds. 1 has about equal condition and power builds.

Only necro, mesmer and warrior can legit condition ‘spam’. Even those classes have about 50-50 split on power and condition damage. And you can counter all of them. Necro can’t survive focus fire w/o support. Mesmer is great when isolated but can barely do damage in teamfight because tons of cleave on clones. Warrior damage comes in telegraphed burst. So learn to dodge.

Also, ele and engi super great at condition cleansing and supporting. You have good counter to conditions. Most meta builds have plenty cleanse for self surviving already. You just need to adapt to meta.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

However, in reality, 6/9 classes are better on power builds. 1 has about equal condition and power builds.

Only necro, mesmer and warrior can legit condition ‘spam’. Even those classes have about 50-50 split on power and condition damage. And you can counter all of them. Necro can’t survive focus fire w/o support. Mesmer is great when isolated but can barely do damage in teamfight because tons of cleave on clones. Warrior damage comes in telegraphed burst. So learn to dodge.

Also, ele and engi super great at condition cleansing and supporting. You have good counter to conditions. Most meta builds have plenty cleanse for self surviving already. You just need to adapt to meta.

The problem the OP is referencing is that the condi builds are less risk vs more reward. This is true on most classes, and in solo/duo queue low risk high reward builds rule the day.

Now let’s look at the meta classes on meta battle. I’ve noticed different things about what’s viable.

Mesmer, Necro, and Warrior all use pure condi builds. Ranger/Ele use more healing bunker type builds. Engi uses paladins, and Guardian, Revenant, and Thief use Mauraders.

Now here’s how I look at it. I see 3 condi classes, 3 Bunker/Bruiser/Support classes, and 3 Power Classes. Even split.

Food for thought

(edited by Azukas.1426)

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

The problem the OP is referencing is that the condi builds are less risk vs more reward. Look at the meta classes on meta battle:

Mesmer, Necro, and Warrior all use pure condi builds. Ranger/Ele use more healing bunker type builds. Engi uses paladins, and Guardian, Revenant, and Thief use Mauraders.

Now here’s how I look at it. I see 3 condi classes, 3 Bunker/Bruiser/Support classes, and 3 Power Classes. Even split.

Food for thought

Pure condi builds, but I still can see power on their amulets. Also, if engi is a bruiser then mesm is a bruiser too(pally-sage).
Also, I fall to understand how playing necro is somehow less risk more reward than playing rev or dh

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

The problem the OP is referencing is that the condi builds are less risk vs more reward. Look at the meta classes on meta battle:

Food for thought

Pure condi builds, but I still can see power on their amulets. Also, if engi is a bruiser then mesm is a bruiser too(pally-sage).
Also, I fall to understand how playing necro is somehow less risk more reward than playing rev or dh

Condi Nec less risk more reward than Power Nec.

You could also classify Rev/DH as bruisers as well considering their survivability, but at the end of the day when you HIT a mesmer you HIT a mesmer. A scrapper using pally amulet doesn’t get hit like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Food for thought

Condi Nec less risk more reward than Power Nec.

You could also classify Rev/DH as bruisers as well considering their survivability, but at the end of the day when you HIT a mesmer you HIT a mesmer. A scrapper using pally amulet doesn’t get hit like that.

Well, and all the power meta builds are less risk more reward than their power counterparts, not sure how this is an argument at all.

Yeah, proly engi has kinda more sustain than mesm, but for example dhs and revs arent actual bruisers, but dps bois, as they fulfill such role and build. The fact that they can sustain a lot more than necs simply means that they need less babysit and so somewhat less risk for same reward. By all that I just want to show how talking about power/condi is dumb, we should rather talk about builds/professions. Saying as OP that condi builds are generally better doesnt make any sense at all.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

They did two…one a few weeks after Season 4 and one on the day of Season 5.