Why do 4v5 matches still count towards MMR?

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Can anyone at Anet explain. Why are matches in which one team plays DOWN A PLAYER still counting towards rating for EITHER side?

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

it would be easy to exploit for losing team to avoid rating loss.

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

it would be easy to exploit for losing team to avoid rating loss.

Implement a massive penalty for leaving matches. 15 min lockout for first leave in 24 hrs. 2 hr lockout for 2nd. 12 hr lockout for third. Simple.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

milo.6942

that would be unfair to people that dc

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

that would be unfair to people that dc

They’re honestly unable to distinguish between a DC and a deliberate move to the character select screen?

There are ERROR codes that the game provides when you DC.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

milo.6942

just unplug modem

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

just unplug modem

le sigh well then tough luck for DC’d players. We had a leaver-punishment system in GW1 and it worked WONDERS

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

milo.6942

you could leave once per hour without punishment in gw1, a lot less strict than what you proposed.
you can’t fix underlying issues with the game by force

in PvP

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

Pretty funny how people think they can ever force other people to play. If they don’t wanna play they’ll just afk. If somehow a system forces them to play they will just play like kitten on purpose.

The only real solution is to make the game as enjoyable as possible even for losing players to reduce the number of players who quit as much as possible but completely eliminating this issue is simply impossible.

in PvP

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Pretty funny how people think they can ever force other people to play. If they don’t wanna play they’ll just afk. If somehow a system forces them to play they will just play like kitten on purpose.

The only real solution is to make the game as enjoyable as possible even for losing players to reduce the number of players who quit as much as possible but completely eliminating this issue is simply impossible.

Are you kidding me? Forcing people to play? This isn’t hotjoin, it’s tournie play, if you are NOT there to play and start immediately giving up when things look tough, you have NO PLACE in tournie play and should stick to hotjoin.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in PvP

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

Are you kidding me? Forcing people to play? This isn’t hotjoin, it’s tournie play, if you are NOT there to play and start immediately giving up when things look tough, you have NO PLACE in tournie play and should stick to hotjoin.

You’re right. However, there is no solution for this. It will always happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

By going AFK becouse something is not fun for you, you are insulting four other people who decided to queue and landed in your team. Plain and simple. I try my best and never AFK or leave even if I see we will loose 100% and my team is a disaster (or already 4v5). I keep on playing and trying even if I am already raging so much that I am one step away from smashing my monitor. I do that becouse I respect the time of people I play with and I demand the same from everyone else. If you cant do that, dont queue into tPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

They don’t even have a way to stop these matches from starting so of course they are going to count. There roster system is stone age stuff and not being able to replace missing players on the fly is stone age stuff they should be embarrassed.

in PvP

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Nah, someone will always give up when they see no turn around coming.

You either have to play with those people or leave yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

and that’s the root of the whole problem.

what i dont get is why being down just one player makes such a huge difference.

thugged out since cubscouts

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

and that’s the root of the whole problem.

what i dont get is why being down just one player makes such a huge difference.

In 5v5? And conquest mode? It does. You will loose 95% of matches you play 4v5, in fact probably more.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Just think of it as Anet awarding you Hard Mode so it feels more rewarding when you win a 4v5

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

This is perfect I would prefer not losing MMR when I lose a 4v5, Also I dont want to gain MMR when winning a 4v5 unless Im on the team with 4

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26