Why do I keep getting matched with bronze?

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

I keep asking in map chat what ranks the players are and there seems to be no range matching whatsoever. Players from bronze and platinum are being put in the same match without even being in duo.

Did the devs not realize that ranking becomes impossible if there’s nothing relative to measure by? A huge factor determining your rank has become random chance.

It doesn’t matter if que times will lengthen. If you don’t make ratings relative, the matches will suck and participation will go down. You can’t prioritize que times over ranking. It is self defeating.

in PvP

Posted by: Aarna.5178

Aarna.5178

No one else is playing.

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

I dont know, but I’m in the same seat. Yesterday I had people in my team that was 600-700 rating below me and my duo partner:)

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

when they killed the rewards, they also killed the participating players.

in PvP

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I dont know, but I’m in the same seat. Yesterday I had people in my team that was 600-700 rating below me and my duo partner:)

That right there shows the serious lack of interest in the season from the community this time around, given you and your duo partner or way clear of the field ( last time I checked ) that’s pretty bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

in the end rewards grow population and diversity + good matchmaking holds them.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Its not just the rewards but alot of vets are not playing as well.

Im fully sitting out as well as a number of players i know because simply put we dont like the HOT spec lines and Anet idea of balancing is more boons and potentially more sigil play.

The only way to get Anet to actually balance the game is for it to fall flat on its face right now.

If the HOT maps can carry the game then i guess it time to move on but i personally would love for them to bring everything back down and do a complete reword of the HOT specs and raids.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

PvP is hitting its all-time low. Many factors are contributing.

Worse rewards. Casual players lost a lot of incentive.

Stale meta. Overly cautious balance patch because it takes too long for them correct even something trivial.

Rock-paper-scissor balance. So many games are determined by profession/builds.

Obliged to duo-queue if you want to climb ladder. Once you get to platinum, it is almost impossible to progress unless you duo-queue.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

I don’t play for the rewards, I play for the experience. Having poor match quality takes the experience away. Having poor balance and a lack of build diversity does the same. Having duo instead of a split between solo and 5 man is also a problem. We need teams back and more rapid balance adjustments to promote unpopular builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Players who play for rewards are bad players, because they don’t play for the competition. If more players like that were in PvP population, then match quality goes down more.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Players who play for rewards are bad players, because they don’t play for the competition. If more players like that were in PvP population, then match quality goes down more.

I feel that i had better match quality in season 5.

in PvP

Natto.5819

I feel that i had better match quality in season 5.

Are you Bronze or Silver? If so, that means you had more players on your team with same skill level, fighting a team with same skill level. If you are losing a lot this season, that means you match with same level players, but enemy is much stronger levels like Gold or Platinum.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Platinum in s5, gold right now in s6.

in PvP

Natto.5819

Platinum in s5, gold right now in s6.

Then you’re having same problem with others. You get matched up with bad players, and the enemy team get matched with equal skilled. Because the game is dying, a lot of people left, including Gold and Platinum. So only few good players, and lots of bad players. Bad players outnumber good, so you unlucky to get teamed with the Silver ones. Pro leaguer say he stopped playing PvP because the game is bad now.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Well yes. Queue times have exploded and the quality of teammates and enemies has dropped.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

It doesn’t follow that players are bad because they are motivated by rewards. This is a destructive attitude that needs to go away.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I think simply put: too many beginners, not enough vets. Us veteran players have seen the evolution(or should I say de-volution…) of pvp since the new 2015 trait system and HoT. As a result, a lot of vets simply became disillusioned and quit, myself included.

Also, mixed queues and lack of team queue. With mixed queues of solo/duo and a lack of a team queue, bad match-ups are destined to happen. People aren’t matched with their proper skill level.