Why do necro start with no life force ?

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

This would be like if warriors started with endure pain disabled until they get into combat, and then it goes on cd before you can use it.
Or the same for thief and stealth.

Necro are the only class that doesn’t have access to its ONLY defensive mechanic in the beginning of the game.

It’s extremely annoying to have a thief or mesmer pop you down and only being able to say "oh well, didndt’ have life force, couldn’t do anything ¯\(?)/¯ "

I’m pretty sure this had been said a billion times already and we’re talking to a wall, but maybe one day you’ll be able to listen to your playerbase, a man can hope.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Constantly referred to as a second health bar but doesn’t regenerate out of combat…..it should at least stay at 50% out of combat.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

This would be like if warriors started with endure pain disabled until they get into combat, and then it goes on cd before you can use it.

Necro are the only class that doesn’t have access to its ONLY defensive mechanic in the beginning of the game.

It’s extremely annoying to have a thief or mesmer pop you down and only being able to say "oh well, didndt’ have life force, couldn’t do anything ¯\(?)/¯ "

I’m pretty sure this had been said a billion times already and we’re talking to a wall, but maybe one day you’ll be able to listen to your playerbase, a man can hope.

nope there would be like if warriors started with no adrenaline…

oh wait…wars actually start with no adrenaline

ds is like war adrenaline or mesmer clones

if you are out of combat you should lose it

/thread

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Constantly referred to as a second health bar but doesn’t regenerate out of combat…..it should at least stay at 50% out of combat.

That wouldn’t solve our survivability problems in teamfights the least bit though. It would just be unnecessary added power.

What is needed is iframes. In a fictional scenario where every class has no stamina left for dodges and is inevitably going to be hit by an attack that will do, say 500 000 damage if it connects, Necro is the only class that has no way of living through the scenario through the use of traits, weapon skills or utility skills. Every other class in the game has a way to live through said scenario in some way. As long as this is the case it will be a glaring and fundamental weakness of the class, self-regenerating Death Shroud would not solve this. Starting with 10-20% in PvP would be nice though.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

That wouldn’t solve our survivability problems in teamfights the least bit though. It would just be unnecessary added power.

What is needed is iframes. In a fictional scenario where every class has no stamina left for dodges and is inevitably going to be hit by an attack that will do, say 500 000 damage if it connects, Necro is the only class that has no way of living through the scenario through the use of traits, weapon skills or utility skills. Every other class in the game has a way to live through said scenario in some way. As long as this is the case it will be a glaring and fundamental weakness of the class, self-regenerating Death Shroud would not solve this. Starting with 10-20% in PvP would be nice though.

wurm.

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

/thread

didnt know warriors have half of their defense tied to their adrenaline bar.

if it regenerates/degenerates to 20-30%, that would be fair i think

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

and is inevitably going to be hit

wurm.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

/thread

didnt know warriors have half of their defense tied to their adrenaline bar.

if it regenerates/degenerates to 20-30%, that would be fair i think

Half? Pretty sure Necro defense is like 80% tied to life force.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

I’ve been saying it for a long time:

• Up the speed that Necros gain life force “skills provide more life force gain, ect..”
  • Up life force decay while in shroud “pool dimishes more quickly”

Good balance, allows for faster access to shroud

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Necros used to be able to start matches with 30% because of minion sacrificing. I don’t see why that shouldn’t come back, and regenerating to 10% out of combat wouldn’t be game breaking. At least that way necros would have access to doom or on entry/exit traits when a fight starts.

in PvP

chibbi.3706

/thread

That’s the worst comparison i’ve ever seen. Warrior was my main since the beginning until last patch where I switch to necro.
1st, burst skills have not much to do with warrior survivability, beside for condi cleansing.
2nd, adrenaline is WAY easier to generate than life force.

If a mesmer burst you while you have no adrenaline you don’t give a flying kitten, you still pop endure pain.
If a mesmer burst you while you have no life force you straight up die.

As for wurm, 1st not everyone runs wurm, and 2nd if you use it to get (only) 10% LF it means you will most likely not have your only (crappy) escape for the first fight.

Other than that necro are pretty good I think, it could use some work but it’s overall okay.

(edited by chibbi.3706)

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

It can’t be simply gain 10% LF on respawn what if you already have some? A boost only at the beginning of the match would help but it’s just a band-aid the issue is necro being weak with 0 LF.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

chibbi.3706

Imo the best change would be to make life force go back to 50% while you’re OoC. Will make the necro more consistant and prevent those ridiculous situations when you get opened by a thief or mesmer with little to no life force, or where someone has to 1v1 you with full life force (which is just as stupid)

in PvP

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

It can’t be simply gain 10% LF on respawn what if you already have some? A boost only at the beginning of the match would help but it’s just a band-aid the issue is necro being weak with 0 LF.

as i said, let it slowly degenerate if you have more.

doesnt have to be one exact number, but narrowing down the percentage to start with (like 20%-80%) would be a good start.

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It could, however, be:

If Life Force <20% = Yes
Then Set Life Force = 20%

So when you spawn (or respawn,) you have at least 20% life force. If you had more than that upon your last death, you don’t gain any bonus.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver