Why do people like Foefire so much?

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

People like it so much that I play it over half the time despite never voting for it.

in PvP

Posted by: RonDonJonVanDam.1289

RonDonJonVanDam.1289

The capture points have a good layout.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The capture points have a good layout.

This, and it isn’t Temple and there’s a big node in the middle where you can stand on it and not be forced to eat big AoE’s or give the other team free progress.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

edit im converted i hate this map now

(edited by Mightybird.6034)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think Khylo is the worst map of the ranked maps. I always loose all motivation to play when that map appears. Temple is my favorite one.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Foefire is the fastest map in my experience, I like when things are fast pace, I pick foefire a lot because it’s quick.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I like it’s simplicity. It is quite enjoyable too move through (no forced stupid jumps or walking on ledges) and it has a not obnoxious secondary mechanic. It’s not my favorite though that’s nifelheim.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: Operator.6523

Operator.6523

foefire with bunkers on mid = no thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Zewad.6138

Zewad.6138

Its because matches there end at 350.

in PvP

Posted by: Bebunw.8137

Bebunw.8137

Foefire is the fastest map in my experience, I like when things are fast pace, I pick foefire a lot because it’s quick.

Not if there is a full bunk team each side because bunker can avoid incoming damage easier making endless fight at start and no one is caping anything

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Less gimmicky than temple.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

It’s easier to play with as a soloqer because the layout is simple and it has a comeback mechanic built in.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Foefire with bunkers on mid = no thanks

Better than bunkers on a smaller node where you’re forced to eat the mesmer and ele AoE’s.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

It’s the easiest map to farm solo queue players on. It only takes a little coordination to down the keep lord, and this is really easy if you play with friends and or have voice coms. Don’t vote this map if you solo queue. You are begging to be farmed.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

I prefer Foefire because it’s the map where fights count most and you don’t get ourotated as easily as on Nifhel or Kyhlo. It’s relatively straightforward. Also the fights at the mid point are more fun imo, since you have some space to roam and don’t have to stay on a point the size of a gravity well. Even though the Bunker Meta has ruined that quite a bit.

Caissech / Falásya

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Don’t have to carry as hard in foefire. It’s pretty brain dead. Secure 2 points and bunker down. Same with forest.

Kylo and temple on the other hand.. maps of throws.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: triggerhappy.3871

triggerhappy.3871

It’s the easiest map to farm solo queue players on. It only takes a little coordination to down the keep lord, and this is really easy if you play with friends and or have voice coms. Don’t vote this map if you solo queue. You are begging to be farmed.

I agree.
Solo queue players have no chance at mid.
Without mid, we need home and far.
However, there is mid between home and far.

If you are queuing solo, do not vote for Foefire.
You will be outnumbered and hunted anywhere you go.

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

I prefer khylo because if I get a bad comp vs a typically tanky one, I can use the treb.

After that, Foefire is the best one because:
1) No beasts for players to rush or abandon points for.
2) Temple requires splitting to include buffs, and most pugs don’t fully appreciate this resulting in thin splits, over-reaching, and loss. It favours comps with support that can more easily split over each buff and at least 2 points at the same time, and 90% of my teams contain 4 of any combination of druids, DHs, and reapers.
3) It’s less likely the game will be thrown over the map mechanic. It happens, but not as often as forest, or even khylo. (I know (1) falls under this but it deserved special and first mention.)

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I dunno I prefer Niflhel or Khylo. I rarely vote for Foefire.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

1)Foefire=braindead map= premade bunker team farming ground

2)Temple/Kylo/Nifhel= Tactical map= personal skill >premade

The way foefire is preferred shows why GW1 > GW2, here the community favours faceroll gameplay over tactics..no wonder the devs balance the game the way it is…easy game=casuals=gems

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I hate Foefire due to:
- if you don’t have mid you will probably lose
- in current meta Lord is way too squishy and gets instantly blown up by DHs and co.
- this map favors bunkers

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I hate foefire and I was also curious as to why it is almost always voted for the most when it comes up as one of the three options. I can’t stand it because it is the only map in which by far the weaker team can win due to the possibility to a Lord rush, i suppose this applies to temple to, but much less so because you could just get 2 points you get from tranquility instantly decapped. I have lost several games in which my team was better and I lost because of a Lord rush and I have also won games in which my team was much weaker because of this, obviously that’s great for me if that happens, but I can’t help thinking a 5 man rush as soon as you get to 350 with your opponent 100 points ahead of you isn’t a great idea for a way to win a game of pvp.

Personally, my favourite map is temple, because I think the map layout is better than any others because I like the vertical layout and the spots for ranged players to attack in relative safety, mainly on mid but also on the two side points to a lesser extent. I think it has the most interesting secondary mechanic (deciding how many people to commit to stillness/tranquility and how many should stay to hold/decal points makes for interesting gameplay).
After that my second favourite map is Niflhel and then third is kyhlo because the trebuchet is rather annoying but by far my least favourite is foefire and I really didn’t understand the reasons people had for liking it until I read this thread.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Heh. Funny. I’ve been wondering this, myself, recently. I loathe Foefire. What people call a ‘comeback’ mechanic I call a get-out-of-jail-free card. Outplay the other team all game and two DHs blow up your lord at 380 to 488 or whatever. I hate the mechanic and never vote for the map.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Heh. Funny. I’ve been wondering this, myself, recently. I loathe Foefire. What people call a ‘comeback’ mechanic I call a get-out-of-jail-free card. Outplay the other team all game and two DHs blow up your lord at 380 to 488 or whatever. I hate the mechanic and never vote for the map.

That’s why I always like to get lord at 350 whenever we have a secure lead. If the lead isn’t so secure then simple point holding and counter lord rush can work.

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I also really dislike Foefire.

Controlling mid is too important. It’s right between home and far, which means the only way to hold both of those points is to rotate around the entire map or try to run through mid where the enemy bunker sits.

Speaking of said bunker, it’s far easier to survive on Foefire’s mid because you can just walk out of any and all AoE attacks and kite around the huge circle. I’ve bunkered with glass builds on Foefire before because if how easy it is to stay out of damage fields and away from your opponent’s melee attacks.

Then the lord pretty much prevents comebacks. Whoever has the lead can rush lord and kill it with ease bringing the game to an end, so the team that’s already losing has to spend resources defending the lord.

The fact the lord can be soloed rather easily also means that once the gate is down a lone enemy player can slip in and kill said lord, so if you’re on the weaker team you constantly have to run between the actual game and the lord to chase off whoever keeps attacking it.

Personally I prefer the more vertical maps. It makes the gameplay less predictable and opens the door to using the terrain more creatively, which should be a huge part of PVP in an action RPG like GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

once the gate is down a lone enemy player can slip in

Infiltration as secondary objective. I liked it

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

People like it so much that I play it over half the time despite never voting for it.

I have to agree I can’t stand it. A terrible team could still end up with a win simply because they sneak attack the lord. For it to count for 250 is kind of insane. It makes me laugh at the hate for skyhammer when I see a map like this.

in PvP

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

I have come to detest foefire because it’s so overplayed. I groan internally whenever it gets picked. Just, yuck. The other three ranked maps are fine.
Frankly though, my favorite maps are unranked—I love Skyhammer and Spiritwatch. Unless I’m trying out a new build, pure skill maps are boring to me. I like the elements of chance, luck, and unstable terrain thrown in. Much more interesting.

in PvP

Posted by: Spky.7693

Spky.7693

I have to agree I can’t stand it. A terrible team could still end up with a win simply because they sneak attack the lord. For it to count for 250 is kind of insane. It makes me laugh at the hate for skyhammer when I see a map like this.

A terrible team shouldn’t make it to 350.

Lord is 150 points.

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

But it’s not infiltration. The gate goes down and you just keep running through and attacking the lord, which LOUDLY announces your action to the enemy team OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND-

… Ahem. Sorry about that.

There is no sneaking in. No deception. No strategy needed to bring down the lord solo. What is worse is that if you’re a bunker the enemy team has to send two or three people to take you out because no matter how little damage you deal, you WILL get that kill given enough time.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Not to mention some class can skip the doors and go straight to lord cough

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

There is no sneaking in. No deception. No strategy needed to bring down the lord solo.

Player skill issue.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Because it is the only map which is based around pvp and not around decapping and bunkering. It is easier to stop decaps and the mid point is big and open enough for a fun pvp fight

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Because it is the only map which is based around pvp and not around decapping and bunkering. It is easier to stop decaps and the mid point is big and open enough for a fun pvp fight

Yeah…playing against 4-5 bunkers that play snowball mobile with zero skill….apparently is called PvP in GW2…amazing design

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Probs cause it reduces idiot factor in your team (like all team going beast at start in forest while enemies get a nice free cap on middle).

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Foefire screws over DH the most… Massive points makes it easy to get on point without hitting passive traps.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.