Why does Anet promote toxicity?

in PvP

Posted by: Norbi Pew Pew.4972

Norbi Pew Pew.4972

Most other games are trying to prevent it, and it’s not enough that Anet doesn’t do anything about afkers/griefers/trashtalkers, we’re now also slapped with that horrible unwanted victory screen.

The entire loosing party is dragged in to lay dead open for BM at the feet of the winenrs, and the winners are given emotes to do stuff with.

It’s bad enough already, but then the icing on the cake – every single emote is a form of BM. Not even a single way to pay some respect, no, “here here, rub that loss in and BM your enemy now! let’s leave a bad taste in their mouth so they will be less likely to come back!”

How does it make sense? What kind of sick joke is this? Who pitched this idea and who approved it for what reason? Nobody asked for this.

in PvP

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

The most comical part about it is that they pretend to fight toxicity by denying us ability to view other players performance in after game stats. What sense does it make there? I want to see how other party members did I want to compare my stats to their and to enemy. If I see other person with similar spec I want to know how they did compared to me (be it ally or enemy). The after game scene makes no sense either. Not only is it distracting. All the useless windows that pop up cover it anyways and their timing is horrible as well! I always manage to close the stats windows before it shows up cuz its so slow.

in PvP

Posted by: Emmibolt.3928

Emmibolt.3928

Most other games are trying to prevent it, and it’s not enough that Anet doesn’t do anything about afkers/griefers/trashtalkers, we’re now also slapped with that horrible unwanted victory screen.

The entire loosing party is dragged in to lay dead open for BM at the feet of the winenrs, and the winners are given emotes to do stuff with.

It’s bad enough already, but then the icing on the cake – every single emote is a form of BM. Not even a single way to pay some respect, no, “here here, rub that loss in and BM your enemy now! let’s leave a bad taste in their mouth so they will be less likely to come back!”

How does it make sense? What kind of sick joke is this? Who pitched this idea and who approved it for what reason? Nobody asked for this.

lol what is bm? Bowel movement?
also NOTHING is stopping you or anyone from /bow or /kneel.
if a player won’t show you the “respect” you think you deserve in a videogame, then odds are they won’t show it NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF WIN SCREEN OR NO SCREEN there is.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

The most comical part about it is that they pretend to fight toxicity by denying us ability to view other players performance in after game stats. What sense does it make there? I want to see how other party members did I want to compare my stats to their and to enemy. If I see other person with similar spec I want to know how they did compared to me (be it ally or enemy). The after game scene makes no sense either. Not only is it distracting. All the useless windows that pop up cover it anyways and their timing is horrible as well! I always manage to close the stats windows before it shows up cuz its so slow.

I would love to view other players performance and make them feel bad for performing bad.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You’ve never played LoL have you?

At the end of every game, the winning team dances.

In a game called Soldat, you can /piss on your enemies after you kill them, in most shooters people “T-bag” after every kill and so on.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Loken.7684

Loken.7684

>Caring this much about a dance emote.
I think you might be the real toxic player.

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

You guys take all of this way too seriously. Play the game, have some fun, win and lose.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

The only way to fight toxicity is to not feel bad about yourself. Learn to ignore them, you know, like an adult. If you can’t manage to laugh it off, make a joke of it, or show that you’re unaffected, then use the /ignore command and set your chat window to damage only. The only type of communications in game that will ever help you or your team mates are going to be target markers and discord/teamspeak.

This is not just good advice for the game, but life in general. There are more people out there who try to climb by tearing down others than there are people who climb by improving themselves. There isn’t much you can do about scores or punishment that can change that fact.

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

If only there was Screen that covers over 60% of the Screen to block the emotes or a Button that allowed you to instantly leave the match so you don’t have to see the emotes either.

Oh wouldn’t that be a joyous day if Anet ever implemented one or both of those features.