Why does Hotjoin punish winning?

in PvP

Posted by: Ssedi.1905

Ssedi.1905

If your team goes for the objectives and tries to win, more often then not everyone on that team will receive less glory at the end of the match then the team that lost, but zerged around acquiring kills.

Just won a match 500 to 138. Yet received 58 glory plus an amazing 9 glory for winning. Not one person on the other side had less then 100 glory and they just zerged around never holding more then one point.

So is that the point?

Objectives don’t matter, just zerg zerg zerg to rank up?

in PvP

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

This is a known problem.

The reason is simply because the game doesn’t reward defending. At all. No, the “objective defender” bonus doesn’t count, it’s the exact same bonus you get for attacking an objective and killing anyone ANYWHERE (skirmisher bonus, wtf?!).

They have to add a point defense point bonus and a martyr bonus (for dying while trying to take/defend a point) so that players who actually work to win a game get rewarded properly instead of running around zerging the hell out of everything.

in PvP

Posted by: rickshaw.5279

rickshaw.5279

Basically what Zyr said.

I gave up bothering with hotjoin defense. There’s, quite literally, no reason to bother with it. I used to defend. I used to sneak past enemy lines to steal their home point. I used to waste time breaking down the gate going for the Lord.

Now, all I do is wait for someone else to down the gate, then I nuke the lord, spam AoE to tag everything in my path so I get kill count when they eventually drop while focus firing only one guy after everyone’s tagged. KS bear or chief if I’m nearby when they pop. I’ll take a point but will promptly leave even if I know that in the long run defending that point will win us the game. Also I never bother destroying the treb unless someone else is already attacking it. Takes too long and takes you away from the farming grounds for too long. It’s simply not efficient to address it.

I also volunteer to team swap every time it asks.

It’s all about the honor points and you get none playing strategically. Best to just kill count, boss farm and point cap as much as you can as fast as you can.

If you’re sitting on a point… you’re doing it wrong. ANet has spoken.

in PvP

Posted by: ianbrooksg.6521

ianbrooksg.6521

That is yet another reason why i dislike hot join. To sum it up its zerg or be zerged. I do free tpvp to counter that but since I dont like having to have a pvp guild I just get stomped by premades all day long. I like pvp in gw2 but I cant take the way its set up much longer.