Why does Knockdown outshine Stun?

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

So, when you’re stunned, a stunbreak works 100% of the time – use it, and you’re unstunned.

When you’re knocked down however, this is not the case – Some stunbreaks don’t work at all, others work in a reduced/less effective manner (some KD’s are broken by stunbreaks, others aren’t, which compounds the problem). The playerbase is fully aware, of course, because any class that has an effective knockdown takes it.

So, why exactly is that? Why is there a type of CC that can’t be effectively countered, in a game based around skill? Is it a bug, or intended?

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Immobilize outshines stun. Knockdown is entirely another level.

in PvP

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

If you’re talking about ones like Banish (Hammer Guardian’s Golf Swing) that send you flying, it’s because you can’t skill in the air. So you need to make sure you’re firmly on the ground before you Stun Break.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

The moment you land on the ground is the only time you can stun break. Its annoying but yeah knockdown is technically better than stun.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

Posted by: Shieldbreaker.4012

Shieldbreaker.4012

Immobilize outshines stun. Knockdown is entirely another level.

That’s the fact right there. Immobilize is the killer, and causes deaths. Stun is usually brief enough that it’s over and you’re away before they can secure a kill from it.

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

It can be argued that immobilize outshines stun, but that’s more on a class by class basis – any stun break that moves you (Lightning flash, Shadowstep, etc) can render a melee classes imob almost useless. Some classes also have abilities that also break Immob. Being able to react still counts for alot of classes (any that can go immune, or AoE Blind/KB/etc against melee)

Regardless of the source of the KD, its still a bit weird to me – getting bounced around or chain KD’d inside an AoE effect, or while another player hammers on you, and having no response to it is kind of silly.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

I don’t understand. What KD is not effected by Stun break?

As far as I’ve noticed if you’re on the ground, pop stun break and get right back up.

Can we have some examples mr. OP?

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

Any guardian bubble that knocks you back – Infiltrators signet and shadowstep will work, but you are still KD’d and unable to do anything until the effect would normally end. Updraft (which is a launch effect, but still ends up with you knocked down) has the same effect. Perhaps KD itself isn’t the culprit, and I’m talking about KB and Launch (generally, I see myself still “knocked down” and unable to do anything after using the stunbreak).

Regardless of that, my point is there shouldn’t be CC that removes player control 100% that isn’t broken by a stunbreak. It leads to those abilities being used the most, because they are clearly the most powerful (which is why Basilisk venom was changed).

in PvP

Posted by: Noctred.6732

Noctred.6732

As has already been mentioned multiple times, you can break out of all kb’s and launches – you just need to wait until your toon is on the ground.

It’s obviously not immediate, but you’ll still break it well before the effect would normally end on its own.

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

As has already been mentioned multiple times, you can break out of all kb’s and launches – you just need to wait until your toon is on the ground.

It’s obviously not immediate, but you’ll still break it well before the effect would normally end on its own.

So, like I said, there’s a period where you have no control of your character, and a stunbreak doesn’t do anything. Which was the point of my post. And maybe this only occurs with Inf sig and shadowstep, but I have had multiple occasions where the ability fires (I’ve successfully teleported), but I still do not have immediate control of my character.