Title.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Why does a 4v5 make you lose pips?

in PvP

Posted by: Daniel.9240

Daniel.9240

yesterday happened something alike…

1 rage quit an the other ones stayed at their base. They got 46 pts…

long time ago I lost 2 pips but it was a 5v5. We tried (hard) until the end but we got only 47 pts…

that pattern implied to me that if your team didn’t get enough point you will lose and aditional pip regadless the situation

PD: I am not sure about the pips’ mechanic works.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

They won’t say. I believe they would tell you that somehow people could abuse this with complete strangers to avoid pip loss which is ridiculous. They need to bring back just pip loss for the people grouped with the person that disconnected because that could actually happen someone disconnecting to avoid pips losses for his friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Same.

2 leavers and 2 pips.

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

yesterday happened something alike…

1 rage quit an the other ones stayed at their base. They got 46 pts…

long time ago I lost 2 pips but it was a 5v5. We tried (hard) until the end but we got only 47 pts…

that pattern implied to me that if your team didn’t get enough point you will lose and aditional pip regadless the situation

PD: I am not sure about the pips’ mechanic works.

Just lost a 4v5, 500-405. And ofc I lost 1 pip.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

This is because forfeits (not losing points with teammate disconnects) are effectively disabled while we fix the dishonor false positives that were happening much more frequently than actual disconnects.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

1 Friend DC’ed before the start of the match, game client didnt function properly for him and couldnt make it back, whole team lost 3 pips for the 4vs5

that wasn’t fun

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

the true problem is not player who troll, problem is they know even on 5+ ppl reporting them, nothing will happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Takina.1739

Takina.1739

my answer for this from my [likely to] long [to read] post 2 days ago.

“1) The 1st and 2nd losses in this streak, as well as a 3rd later on, came as a result of someone disconnecting from the match. Ya, kitten happens, I get it, could happen to anyone. But as a result of this I lost 2 pips in each of those losses. The 1st of those matches we were about 100 points ahead when someone said in /t that we lost someone.
I understand the old forfeit/bye system we had the the start was being abused. Get a team together, start losing, a guy with no pips to lose drops out of the match to save the rest of the team from losing pips. I understand why it needed to be changed, but its removal I feel was a mistake. A better option would have been to penalize not only the person who dropped from the match, but everyone they qued up with. 3 or 4 people que up together, 1 drops (on purpose or by accident, doesnt matter), everyone he qued up with takes the same pip loss the person that disconnected did. Anyone else on the team is spared from taking a hit. In addition, the 1st disconnect can stay as a 10 minute desertion, that’s fine (thought I think 30 minutes would be better) , but but a 2nd from the same person or from the same team (if they are queing up together) should be drastic, something like a 24 hour ban from PvP. Sounds extreme? Maybe, but when I play PvP if I have a match were I cant stay connected, I dont que back up because I dont want to be losing pips in matches I cant win because I keep getting disconnected. I suspect most people also wouldnt want to be throwing pips away due to a bad connection. The only people this will impact are people looking to abuse the system, or who are prone to rage quiting out of a bad match.”

As for false positives, Ild like to know what exactly you are referring to? I was dishonored once when I DCed just a few seconds into the match. I was able to get logged back in with the scores still under 100 each side. I dont think we won that match but I remember it being close. After the match I couldnt que back up for 10 minutes becuase I was “dishonored”. I would call that a false positive but the flip side to that is, my disconnect, regardless of how short it was, in such a close match, could have been the difference between a win and a lose. Now I rarely have connection issues but when I do, I stay out of PvP because I dont want to lose pips and matches, nor be the reason other do. So if that is what you mean by “false positives” then maybe you dont need to fix the system to know the difference because a loss from a “false positive” is no difference then a loss from an intentional disconnect or rage quit.

On the chance that people are getting flagged from dishonor when changing characters and not getting in fast enough, well, see #4 in my other post

the entire post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/PvP-league-issues-to-improve-for-next-season/first#post5914637

in PvP

brannigan.9831

This is because forfeits (not losing points with teammate disconnects) are effectively disabled while we fix the dishonor false positives that were happening much more frequently than actual disconnects.

You can’t be serious. People are losing a lot of pips from this. And it’s not going to necessarily even out over time since the season doesn’t last that long. A lot of people aren’t going to necessarily get a bunch of free wins to even it out. I think it would actually be better that some people get the false dishonor.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

When will this change be made? To players it doesn’t seem right that you;e made the changes to mmr and to fix smurfing but you haven’t fixed this yet.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Sometimes I really can’t find nice words for the state of the game. So sad.
Really currently can’t recommend that game to anyone.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

What dishonor system? The one that’s always switched off? That’s not a functional game system and never has been, it’s just another thing that’s been on the list of things that need fixing for 3 years.

in PvP

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

So disable the kittening map. This is so sad to lose 2 pips, bcuz some guy got DC, and didint even back to game. I dont want to pay for some1 kitten isp.

AN and thier PRO LEAGUE with buged map. You cant put HOT FIX like any other NORMAL company.

so sad

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in PvP

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

i took a break from pvp because i was finding it frustrating before. I tried today after the update and first match some pug on my team dcs and doesn’t come back. We lose and i lost a pip. I think i will continue to be staying away from this part of the game until things improve more.

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Another questions: what if the 4v5 is because one of the team members is actively trolling us and losing on purpose (and also admitted it on team chat)?
I’ve reported this behaviour using “botting” but if such a guy made it to legendary without being banned then it’s clearly not working.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

So what of you lose a pip because of a DC ? Its not like it happens all the time. And a system that would prevent pip loss in case of DC would ne so easily exploitable that you’d all be here crying because of a bad system that’s getting exploited.

No team based competitive game deal with DC, and it’s for a reason.

Plus, you have more chance to have a dc in opponent team than in yours, so overall you’re winning from it.

in PvP

brannigan.9831

So what of you lose a pip because of a DC ? Its not like it happens all the time. And a system that would prevent pip loss in case of DC would ne so easily exploitable that you’d all be here crying because of a bad system that’s getting exploited.

No team based competitive game deal with DC, and it’s for a reason.

Plus, you have more chance to have a dc in opponent team than in yours, so overall you’re winning from it.

You didn’t read the post obviously. We aren’t talking about full teams. We are talking about being punished as a solo player or even as a partial group memeber when someone not grouped with you disconnects. That is how it worked until recently. Apparently there was bogus dishonor being given out so they disabled it. I would imagine it will be coming back, once they fix the dishonor bug, that you will not be punished with disconnects out of group. You can now go back under the rock you crawled out from under or back to sleep. Seriously read the full post next time and get out of your fantasy world where everyone runs in full five man groups when in actuality thats a small portion of the player base. People would not be able to coordinate with people out of group to disconnect to avoid pip loss. I mean we got the answer from the dev right in this post about what happened. Take five seconds and read it.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Will the pips we lost because of this, be refunded after the fix?

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Might I suggest a breaking apart of these 2 components, and get the forfeit piece working again. At least short term, to alleviate the unfair pip loss. Cause right now, it’s basically sending the message that it’s perfectly ok to screw over your teammates by just leaving.

Then you can look closer at dishonor and get it work functioning appropriately.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

3 guys left game, and still losing pips. Thanks AN for not banning those players. Your spvp is on espurtz lvl

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/