Why does continuum split reset elite cds?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I just played recently. Isn’t this crazily OP?

http://heroesofthestorm.wikia.com/wiki/Rewind

Check this out. Doesn’t reset elite cooldowns because that would be broken. Same on a ton of other games too.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

This is a fair question, but you also have take into consideration the strength of the elites. I believe mesmers have very strong elites and CS is an on demand way of resetting some very strong elites. If you look at the way improvisation is implemented, because of the elite strength and randomness of the reset I don’t think that it is very too strong.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

yes it is op just like tons of other garbage currently.

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

I’m just surprised you went this long without knowing it resets everything.

in PvP

Posted by: Daniel.9240

Daniel.9240

It’s funny but it is the concept of a chronomancer. It isn’t fair but if you put a single condition the concept will break.

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

It was clearly going to be an issue before they implemented it..

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

in PvP

Posted by: RonDonJonVanDam.1289

RonDonJonVanDam.1289

“Buy HoT and you can use your Elite twice!!!! Because kitten balance”

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It’s funny but it is the concept of a chronomancer. It isn’t fair but if you put a single condition the concept will break.

Not trying to be too salty here but just an example: thieves are supposed to be master of shadows, stealth etc. Yet scrappers are better at it atm. Then thieves are also supposed to be deadly in 1v1 combat but they can’t 1v1 to save their live – Anet throws their own concepts out of the window whenever it pleases them.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

gotta love being double moa’d

in PvP

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

That would probably have been a better way of implementing it as double grav well, moa, or time warp is pretty lame. However, there were a lot of crazy things added in with HoT that need re-looked at. As long as elite specs give so much then they have to be taken, and are by definition a power creep over the original game. 1 trait line locking out new utilities + new weapon skills + new or improved F1-5 skills / class mechanic(s) = problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

No it won’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

“Buy HoT and you can use your Elite twice!!!! Because kitten balance”

And here i remember that people were once asking for ability to use normal utility skills in the elite skill slot, and being told by other forum posters “nooo, that would be too OP”. In many cases, we’re talking about the very same elites now.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Not trying to be too salty here but just an example: thieves are supposed to be master of shadows, stealth etc. Yet scrappers are better at it atm. Then thieves are also supposed to be deadly in 1v1 combat but they can’t 1v1 to save their live – Anet throws their own concepts out of the window whenever it pleases them.

I don’t think you could be blamed for being salty. Long term experienced players have all been defeated by less experienced players because the veteran choose to run something different, or choose a profession that is inherently weak at the moment and the greenhorn choose to run a well known, child proof build that smoothes over all their mistakes. Currently skill has been removed far too much from the game and too much emphasis has been put on build.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I just played recently. Isn’t this crazily OP?

http://heroesofthestorm.wikia.com/wiki/Rewind

Check this out. Doesn’t reset elite cooldowns because that would be broken. Same on a ton of other games too.

So a moba’s “elite” is the exact same as a gw2 “elite”?

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Well I also found that stealth engi thing. That thing is ridiculous. How did that get through testing too. The stealth gyro. Its so OP and seems to be perma available.

As for the mesmer elite thing. I am glad people agree with me. I really don’t understand why it resets elite. That is clearly always going to be overpowered. Double moa? That means in a team fight they can just moa 2 people? Time warp twice? Use that OP as kitten well twice? That is insane. Like that will never be balanced. That is conceptually way too strong. Took me 2 games of gw2 to figure that out recently.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I don’t know, but I can hear Gravity Well pounding away in my sleep. Bang, bang, bang… over and over again. Face two mesmers on point and it is: bang, bang, bang… bang, bang, bang… bang, bang, bang… bang bang bang… You’ll be bopping up and down for 30s like a rag doll.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I don’t know, but I can hear Gravity Well pounding away in my sleep. Bang, bang, bang… over and over again. Face two mesmers on point and it is: bang, bang, bang… bang, bang, bang… bang, bang, bang… bang bang bang… You’ll be bopping up and down for 30s like a rag doll.

It will also be terrible for casuals. I played this game without knowing anything about anything recently. And sometimes I was stun locked for about 30-40 seconds in a team fight (no joke). Because of these wells. And it throws you in the air. It is hilarious. I can imagine someone just playing casuals randomly dying to this BS and just never coming back. Why would you? The CC in this game is crazy. And apparently every class, including squishies like mesmers, can have a ton of stability???? How does this get through testing lol. It is hilarious. I am actually enjoying playing at the moment because its like a case study of the worst balanced game in history. Clearly stupid and broken stuff which breaks the rules of classes is in place. Mesmers will huge condi removal and stability? lol wtf. No wonder they are insane. They literally took away their only weaknesses.

Its exciting to find out all the clearly unbalanced stuff in this game. Long may it continue. Mesmer will be the best class till the next expansion because its conceptually too strong. It has massive condi removal, stability, CC, boon removal, blinks, unmatched mobility, boons, invulns, huge burst. It will never be balanced. And its awesome

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

It will also be terrible for casuals. I played this game without knowing anything about anything recently. And sometimes I was stun locked for about 30-40 seconds in a team fight (no joke). Because of these wells. And it throws you in the air. It is hilarious. I can imagine someone just playing casuals randomly dying to this BS and just never coming back. Why would you? The CC in this game is crazy. And apparently every class, including squishies like mesmers, can have a ton of stability???? How does this get through testing lol. It is hilarious. I am actually enjoying playing at the moment because its like a case study of the worst balanced game in history. Clearly stupid and broken stuff which breaks the rules of classes is in place. Mesmers will huge condi removal and stability? lol wtf. No wonder they are insane. They literally took away their only weaknesses.

Its exciting to find out all the clearly unbalanced stuff in this game. Long may it continue. Mesmer will be the best class till the next expansion because its conceptually too strong. It has massive condi removal, stability, CC, boon removal, blinks, unmatched mobility, boons, invulns, huge burst. It will never be balanced. And its awesome

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

The interlude after the 4 Gravity Wells is a nice Dragon’s Maw sometimes.

Pull, float, pull, float, pullpullpull.

Is this Pinball Wars 2?

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Is this Pinball Wars 2?

Painfully accurate. The CC in GW2 is absolutely bonkers.

in PvP

Posted by: Unterkiefer.8372

Unterkiefer.8372

Wow, to be caught in 30 seconds of GW you need 5 chronos, that coordinate perfect. (Each well being 3 seconds) also you would not be having a single stunbreak (break out of stun and dodge out of the well). Further you would have all chronos on one point, that means 2 points are free for the taking…

Lem Semmel [SF]

Sorry for shattering your illusions

in PvP

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Is this Pinball Wars 2?

Funny because people with 2 or more braincells found out that they should not just stand in the wells. As for the reset of the elite, woo hoo, elite… If it’s gravity well, you have pulsing stability, if it’s moa, random dodge, blind, etc. it. Time warp? Hah.

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It was clearly going to be an issue before they implemented it..

Story of almost every single elite specialization out there. I think all of them except Reaper are completely horrible ideas founded on principles of what are just bad/lazy/sloppy design.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

It’s funny just waiting it out thinking “Oh no, I’m stunned. These bunkers deal zero damage though -_-u”

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Is this Pinball Wars 2?

Funny because people with 2 or more braincells found out that they should not just stand in the wells. As for the reset of the elite, woo hoo, elite… If it’s gravity well, you have pulsing stability, if it’s moa, random dodge, blind, etc. it. Time warp? Hah.

Yes, Yes, and those who have billions of brain-cells, and an IQ over a hundred, know that you can dodge every offensive skill in the game.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: LastHope.8127

LastHope.8127

Ran into a team once that had 2 mesmers syncing their split so our entire team got lifted into 4 gravity wells while the rest of their team applied stupid aoe condition and stripped from stability by necro aoe boonstrip + rev boon strip.

With this ballance, 2 mesmer 1 necro 1 rev on mid = gg everytime.

in PvP

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

Ran into a team once that had 2 mesmers syncing their split so our entire team got lifted into 4 gravity wells while the rest of their team applied stupid aoe condition and stripped from stability by necro aoe boonstrip + rev boon strip.

With this ballance, 2 mesmer 1 necro 1 rev on mid = gg everytime.

Don’t go mid?

in PvP

Posted by: RonDonJonVanDam.1289

RonDonJonVanDam.1289

Wow, to be caught in 30 seconds of GW you need 5 chronos, that coordinate perfect. (Each well being 3 seconds) also you would not be having a single stunbreak (break out of stun and dodge out of the well). Further you would have all chronos on one point, that means 2 points are free for the taking…

I’ll take sarcasm for 300 Alex.

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Continuum Split resets elite CD because killing a single moa 100-0 without any form of counterplay was deemed too weak. Now chronomancers can kill 2 players right away.

The “holistic approach to balance” anet talked about will probably state that it’s meaningless in zerg vs zerg or large pve pulls (2 game modes out of 3) and change Moa to be AoE. After all, they said they will buff unused skills/traits, and Moa is almost never used nowadays.

I expect the upcoming change of meta to be apocalyptic.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

(edited by Ara.4569)

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Lol, ever since launch mesmer has always been the class new players and bads complain about

Usually consisting of extreme hyperbole stating that the mesmer can do “everything” because they apperantly have all trait lines active at once and listing off a perfect storm of worst case scenarios while neglecting to mention or factor in ANY kind of attempt of the player to actually avoid any of the attacks as if the mesmer also held their hands behind their backs in real life during all of this

Nothing new here