Why does the game allow 4v5 matches?

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I’ve just been in a solo queue match that STARTED with 4v5. We never had a chance from the very beginning.

Why is this even possible?

The code should simply not allow a match to proceed until there are 5 people on both sides, and all of them actually there and not AFK.

Fixing this sort of thing should be the #1 priority of the dev team. I mean, seriously, what fun is it to be in a match that’s doomed from the get-go?

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

And it just happened again. That’s like 2 out of my last 5 matches.

I would really like some sort of response from a dev on this. It makes NO sense to me when a simple “IF” statement could stop it.

I would rather be kicked from the queue and have to start over than endure this frustrating nonsense.

This is the single worst thing I’ve ever encountered in this game and it’s near the top of the list of my MMO experiences overall.

(edited by Qaelyn.7612)

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

It happens because anet lets it happen.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

It happens because players join pvp tournament matches and then log out.
The match start when there’s all the players and don’t allow the change of group members.
If players log-out is not the fault of ANet, it is the fault of players. ANet can’t force the players to stay and fight if they log-out.
But if you leave more than X matches you receive a debuff that make you unable to join PvP matches for 48+ hours. ANet can’t do more than that.

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

ANet can’t do more than that.

if (Seconds_until_match_starts <= 1) {
   if  ( (Number_of_players_on_team_A < 5) OR (Number_of_players_on_team_B < 5) ) {
      Abort_Match;
   }
}

There, solved.

This is not rocket science.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

It happens because players join pvp tournament matches and then log out.
The match start when there’s all the players and don’t allow the change of group members.
If players log-out is not the fault of ANet, it is the fault of players. ANet can’t force the players to stay and fight if they log-out.
But if you leave more than X matches you receive a debuff that make you unable to join PvP matches for 48+ hours. ANet can’t do more than that.

Yes they can. Have you ever played counter strike global offensive? When you search for a match and it finds 10 players they all have to click ready within 10 seconds if not then it goes back to searching mode.

Also the afk/leaver debuff pretty much does nothing. They need more immediate punishment not 3 games left or whatever. It should be first game left or afk you get a 2 hour ban then the second 24hrs etc. If the debuff actually effected anyone you would hear people creating threads here complaining about it

(edited by RoRo.8270)

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

If the debuff actually effected anyone you would hear people creating threads here complaining about it

That’s actually a pretty astute observation. I didn’t even know it existed before this thread.

So my very next match and guess what it was? Right, another 4v5! Final score: 501 to 98. This time I was on the “winning” side, which just meant instead of feeling frustrated, I was bored.

How did this even get out of beta? I’m really baffled by it to be honest.

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

Guess what the next match was? Right! Another 4v5.

I wish I were making this up.

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

Any response from the dev team, even acknowledging the issue and that some plan is in place to deal with it, would be appreciated.

This just isn’t a difficult problem to solve. Please solve it. I’m starting to dread going into solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Hellzarmy.5417

Hellzarmy.5417

Just give them time this game has only been out for about one year they just need time to fix the 4vs5. Since it is rocket science we can expect a fix soon( when this game goes esports in 2088).

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

honestly, this is a bigger problem than any balance issue.

if dec 10th patch notes read, “No more 4v5s”, you wouldn’t even need any balance changes. we would have to let the 5v5 meta settle first to see what needs fixing next.

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

And still crickets from the dev team. This is curious.

in PvP

Posted by: Hellzarmy.5417

Hellzarmy.5417

How will this game ever be esports when its not even possible to start a game with full teams. Its just not fun to waste 10-15Mins of your life in a 4vs5. For one side its boring for the other side just a kittening pain. Maybe 2015 we can expect a fix?

in PvP

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

Instead of 1000 words. We started match with 4 of us.

Attachments:

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

in PvP

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Lazyness.

That’s pretty much it. If a game 5 VS 4 for any reason, either someone logged off or someone DCed or the game begun that way, then the opposing team should have the same prompt we get for auto-balance and someone is kicked out to balance the team. This can be done in the same way auto-balancing works being either random or picking from those who volunteered.

in PvP

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Out of the 100+ tourney games I have been in, I just realized every game has always started from the very beginning. I’ve never been tossed into a game that is currently in progress.

I know this might seem kind of weird, but I think if someone has disconnected mid-game and hasn’t reconnected after about 30 seconds give-or-take, they should be replaced by the next person in queue. The DC’ed player may or may not get dishonorable conditions depending on the current situation of the match. I guess you would need some kind of funky algorithm to determine if the DC was in the form of a ragequit or just the odd case of having a crappy internet connection.

This would only apply to solo-arena. Team arena might have a different system in place.

I’m also aware that some people may not want to be tossed into a game that’s currently in progress, so this should just be an optional thing for those who don’t mind filling in those gaps.

Although, in most 4v5 cases, they’re usually found out about at the very beginning of the match. This really shouldn’t happen. Instead, if a person has disconnected after a short period of time, they should be removed from the queue and replaced by the next person in line long before the match has even started.

Otherwise, we just end up with queue-trolls— those who queue up, but then disconnect soon after as their non-existent self occupies the fifth spot.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .