Why don't 4v5 matches fill from queue?

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Simple question. Why don’t matches which are 4v5 fill from the queue? As soon as someone leaves/DC the spot is filled. If you DC, well wsorry that sucks for you but it shouldn’t damage your teammates MMR.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

Simple question. Why don’t matches which are 4v5 fill from the queue? As soon as someone leaves/DC the spot is filled. If you DC, well wsorry that sucks for you but it shouldn’t damage your teammates MMR.

better idea. if the 5th person does not show up or reconnect within a given certain amount of time after the match starts say 5 minutes. the match ends with no damage to anyone’s MMR and then you’re automatically re queued with high priority

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Because then people would queue into a hopeless match and that would not be very fun. Alternatively, a team could be winning, then get a noob and lose. Or, your team could be winning, but suddenly a top player gets thrown into the match and you lose.

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

better idea. if the 5th person does not show up or reconnect within a given certain amount of time after the match starts say 5 minutes. the match ends with no damage to anyone’s MMR and then you’re automatically re queued with high priority

People will purposefully disconnect in order to avoid losing MMR

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Those matches should either one of these, or both:
- Get a replacement from queue. A message would be sent to players on queue, telling them if they want to volunteer to join a match in course. They’ll get a glory bonus for joining that match, and they’ll also get the ‘win bonus’ like when players volunteer in hot join arenas.
- During the match, there should be a ‘sit out’ volunteer option, in which people from one team volunteer to spectate while the other team doesn’t have the same number of players. They’ll come back as long as the numbers are equal again.

The last 12 consecutive matches I’ve been in, 1-2 people left from one team.

That’s too many.

I’m starting to suspect hey are ‘players’ who have managed to sync their matches, leaving on purpose to give their friends an unfair advantage.

Also, dishonorable should make a comeback ASAP.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

Those matches should either one of these, or both:
- Get a replacement from queue. A message would be sent to players on queue, telling them if they want to volunteer to join a match in course. They’ll get a glory bonus for joining that match, and they’ll also get the ‘win bonus’ like when players volunteer in hot join arenas.
- During the match, there should be a ‘sit out’ volunteer option, in which people from one team volunteer to spectate while the other team doesn’t have the same number of players. They’ll come back as long as the numbers are equal again.

The last 12 consecutive matches I’ve been in, 1-2 people left from one team.

That’s too many.

I’m starting to suspect hey are ‘players’ who have managed to sync their matches, leaving on purpose to give their friends an unfair advantage.

Also, dishonorable should make a comeback ASAP.

Way too complicated. Simply bring back dishonorable and add a pause feature. As soon as a player leaves (on purpose or disconnect) the match applies invulnerability + immobilize to all players and points stop ticking. Once the game fills from the queue, the match resumes.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Too difficult to code. Apparently. cough

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Who wants to come in late to an already started match in which one side started with a clear advantage? No thanks.

Simple solution: if a match is 5vLess beyond the first 120s of the match then the match is aborted with the full team rewarded with the win, while the losing players still present for the entirety of the match’s abbreviated duration simply vacate the result. The absent player(s) however are punished with the loss, and their MMR will reflect all 5 losses from their entire team for who’s time they so carelessly wasted.

People won’t leave ranked matches so freely when the result is your MMR and leaderboard ranking fall off a cliff.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

Who wants to come in late to an already started match in which one side started with a clear advantage? No thanks.

Simple solution: if a match is 5vLess beyond the first 120s of the match then the match is aborted with the full team rewarded with the win, while the losing players still present for the entirety of the match’s abbreviated duration simply vacate the result. The absent player(s) however are punished with the loss, and their MMR will reflect all 5 losses from their entire team for who’s time they so carelessly wasted.

People won’t leave ranked matches so freely when the result is your MMR and leaderboard ranking fall off a cliff.

I would modify this to not bother ending the match and causing the leavers to lose DOUBLE the normal MMR (sucks for DCs, but I’m willing to pay that price to cut the leavers down).

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

People will purposefully disconnect in order to avoid losing MMR

Then improve the penalty system so that the player is sanctioned for leaving, or being put into a low priority queue with no ability to gain mmr/rating till you penalty time is up, and repeated offenses increase your penalty.

And what I posted previously was if the game started with not a full roster of 5v5 then the game should end only after a certine amount of time the game starts thats how dota2 does it and very effective

Another thing anet could learn from is dota2 report player system, so that people who get reported for offensive language or purposely throw the game. Have there ability to chat turned off temporaraly to discurage immature/bad behavior

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

Great idea fill from Q when someone doesnt enter on their own and not forced during the last 10 sec counter.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26