Why elementalists own everything with a fart?

in PvP

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

Hmm? Not sure if that was directed at me. I’m not quite sure any tourny team underestimates the potent cleave damage of an ele o.O

No pointed towards the guy you quoted. and hi vain its best ranger in NA AUS CH kitten I got banned for another 71 hours ;(

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Posted by: DevilsGlare.7658

DevilsGlare.7658

Oh gotcha. Lol I’m assuming you were banned for some of your language in map chat? Although I find it funny, I’m pretty sure some people just find it super offensive :P

People are still stuck in the “we just gotta get dem targets down” phase. Currently, our team has evolved into so much more… My main purpose isn’t to be a high damage roamer, it’s to peel and lock down other targets that try to put pressure on my necro and warrior. Who woulda thunk GW2 woulda turned out this way? :P

If we ain’t laughin, we ain’t winnin.
Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

Oh gotcha. Lol I’m assuming you were banned for some of your language in map chat? Although I find it funny, I’m pretty sure some people just find it super offensive :P

People are still stuck in the “we just gotta get dem targets down” phase. Currently, our team has evolved into so much more… My main purpose isn’t to be a high damage roamer, it’s to peel and lock down other targets that try to put pressure on my necro and warrior. Who woulda thunk GW2 woulda turned out this way? :P

Anet think’s I’m racist and inappropriate. Tunnel vision is the number 1 reason why there is so many kitten ele’s and warriors. They are so trigger happy with all their skills and just blow everything to kill someone and just die right after.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I sure can! Here are a number of completely viable builds, obviously not all of them will make it at the top level of paids but you seem more concerned about hot join where all of these will do quite well.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhMmObyxygjDAkHm8SJjCdUeMDO2A;ToAA0CnoQygkAJLSOkkINgY+B
^
Dagger dagger spec which has good burst. While it’s burst is not thief level it makes up for it with good survivability and excellent roaming capablities. One of the best skirmishers for sure. EU don’t really use these eles in paids but alot of american players do. It also provides good support for your teams with the aura share.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhMmObyxygjDAkHm8SJjCdUeMDO2A;ToAA0CnoQygkAJLSOkkINgY+B
^Tankier version of the spec above

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhMmKbyRygjDAkHm8SJiCPUeMDO2A;ToAA0CnoQygkAJLSOkkINgY+B
^more dps heavy version

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJArYhMmObyx5gjDAEFmgiQhFOUeMDO2A;ToAA0CnoQygkAJLSOkkINgY+B

Scepter dagger valk spec, decent damage and burst

There are also some more cheesy(but potentially very dangerous builds) such as berseker staff ele which Royal legion in EU used to run quite alot, in terms of dps that build does far more than a thief ever could.

Ele used to be a common pick for high level play back in the days when they didnt even have mist form to escape stomps and they’ve continued to be a core pick in setups, it’s power spiked even higher when their dueling capacity got buffed due to the channeling heal buff and after that(also before that) many had already voiced concerns that elementalists were possibly too strong (when played correctly, which honestly isnt as hard as many try to make it out to be.). This was all BEFORE we found the immortal scepter dagger heal allies from 20% to 80% spec.

edit; thanks to zoose for having his builds openly available c:

In tournaments as long as they don’t target you it’s easy, you could even use a “support” thief and call it viable…but it doesn’t cut it, because other professions can do it better.

A burst ele in tournaments is not viable because its spike not only is far too obvious but also leave the ele defenseless against counterattack, it’s very easy to neutralize the burst as you can see it coming from miles away, if you plan to use a hit and run tactic, why don’t use a thief who can stealth and pick off target more reliably?

Tried already these “burst” builds , at high level of paid you simply get destroyed by thieves who can deal over 15k dmg in 2s with that level of toughness on you.
The meta has evolved and people don’t get caught anymore by the old “burst” ele, it’s the same reason you don’t see many 100b warrior any longer, mesmer and thieves can reliably go burst and get away with it…an ele can’t

Well, I do say brother… Your just absolutely wrong. I find these opinions of yours to be kinda funny and here’s why:

My tourny team consists of:
-100b Warrior
-D/D “Burst Ele”
-D/D Necro
-Shatter Mesmer
-Condi Clear/Shout Guard

3 of these specs we play are considered “not viable” by players such as yourself. But, we do it well and we consistently win. The fact is, it’s the player that makes the builds work and how well you teams build synergize with each other.

This game has evolved way past “TUNNELING” targets. Which, you seem to be stuck under.

<3 Vain

Does that D/D ele roam or stick with a team, where its AoE’s are more useful?

I dont see any situation where the Ele is going to do well in an equal ground setting when its roaming solo.

Especially when its compared to the roaming capabilities of a thief.
Which has more risk free disengaging mechanics already in its proffession and can burts just as well..

Hmm? Not sure if that was directed at me. I’m not quite sure any tourny team underestimates the potent cleave damage of an ele o.O

Im more worried about the cleave damage the ele recieves in group fights when its glass :X

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

I sure can! Here are a number of completely viable builds, obviously not all of them will make it at the top level of paids but you seem more concerned about hot join where all of these will do quite well.

^
Dagger dagger spec which has good burst. While it’s burst is not thief level it makes up for it with good survivability and excellent roaming capablities. One of the best skirmishers for sure. EU don’t really use these eles in paids but alot of american players do. It also provides good support for your teams with the aura share.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhMmKbyRygjDAkHm8SJiCPUeMDO2A;ToAA0CnoQygkAJLSOkkINgY+B
^more dps heavy version

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJArYhMmObyx5gjDAEFmgiQhFOUeMDO2A;ToAA0CnoQygkAJLSOkkINgY+B

There are also some more cheesy(but potentially very dangerous builds) such as berseker staff ele which Royal legion in EU used to run quite alot, in terms of dps that build does far more than a thief ever could.

Ele used to be a common pick for high level play back in the days when they didnt even have mist form to escape stomps and they’ve continued to be a core pick in setups, it’s power spiked even higher when their dueling capacity got buffed due to the channeling heal buff and after that(also before that) many had already voiced concerns that elementalists were possibly too strong (when played correctly, which honestly isnt as hard as many try to make it out to be.). This was all BEFORE we found the immortal scepter dagger heal allies from 20% to 80% spec.

In tournaments as long as they don’t target you it’s easy, you could even use a “support” thief and call it viable…but it doesn’t cut it, because other professions can do it better.

A burst ele in tournaments is not viable because its spike not only is far too obvious but also leave the ele defenseless against counterattack, it’s very easy to neutralize the burst as you can see it coming from miles away, if you plan to use a hit and run tactic, why don’t use a thief who can stealth and pick off target more reliably?

Tried already these “burst” builds , at high level of paid you simply get destroyed by thieves who can deal over 15k dmg in 2s with that level of toughness on you.
The meta has evolved and people don’t get caught anymore by the old “burst” ele, it’s the same reason you don’t see many 100b warrior any longer, mesmer and thieves can reliably go burst and get away with it…an ele can’t

Well, I do say brother… Your just absolutely wrong. I find these opinions of yours to be kinda funny and here’s why:

-100b Warrior
-D/D “Burst Ele”
-D/D Necro
-Shatter Mesmer
-Condi Clear/Shout Guard

3 of these specs we play are considered “not viable” by players such as yourself. But, we do it well and we consistently win. The fact is, it’s the player that makes the builds work and how well you teams build synergize with each other.

This game has evolved way past “TUNNELING” targets. Which, you seem to be stuck under.

<3 Vain

I dont see any situation where the Ele is going to do well in an equal ground setting when its roaming solo.

Which has more risk free disengaging mechanics already in its proffession and can burts just as well..

Not sure if serious. Ele is amazing in 1v1, also not sure if serious about the disengaging. Ele’s can also disengage quite easily.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

-I am the ele and I roam offensively.
-I push far nodes by popping mesmers’ port.
-I help force even team fights with the above.
-I lock down the other teams thieves, ele’s, and warriors.
-I can nuke a thief (lol)
-I am great at skirmishing and 1v1’ing.
-I control entire teams with shocking aura, earthquake, churning earth, cleave damage, and frost aura.
-I can pull clutch res’s and stomps with mist form or utilizing either my arc wave or blast.
-I can keep heal or clear conditions of my teammates which usually ends up in winning team fights.
-If I ever catch a thief 1v1, he literally has to blow every single utility/wep cd he has available just to stay alive.
-If a thief tries to burst my necro, all I have to do is pop shocking aura/updraft or just put a burst on him and force him out of the fight.

So, now that it’s explained with a little more detail…. Tell me again how ele’s are subpar to thieves when it comes to roaming.

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Solori.6025

^

^more dps heavy version

-100b Warrior
-D/D “Burst Ele”
-D/D Necro
-Shatter Mesmer
-Condi Clear/Shout Guard

<3 Vain

Not sure if serious. Ele is amazing in 1v1, also not sure if serious about the disengaging. Ele’s can also disengage quite easily.

As glass?!?!

Maybe I have been going against to many people that port bunkers or semi bunker mesmers to points.

I know Ele’s with the right setup can be great in 1 v 1 ( its why I made one in the first place).
But a GC build that has little to no defense?
I have a hard time believing it would be successful vs something made to either stand their solo or a balanced build made to survive

in PvP

Solori.6025

-I am the ele and I roam offensively.
-I push far nodes by popping mesmers’ port.
-I help force even team fights with the above.
-I lock down the other teams thieves, ele’s, and warriors.
-I can nuke a thief (lol)
-I am great at skirmishing and 1v1’ing.
-I control entire teams with shocking aura, earthquake, churning earth, cleave damage, and frost aura.
-I can pull clutch res’s and stomps with mist form or utilizing either my arc wave or blast.
-I can keep heal or clear conditions of my teammates which usually ends up in winning team fights.
-If I ever catch a thief 1v1, he literally has to blow every single utility/wep cd he has available just to stay alive.
-If a thief tries to burst my necro, all I have to do is pop shocking aura/updraft or just put a burst on him and force him out of the fight.

So, now that it’s explained with a little more detail…. Tell me again how ele’s are subpar to thieves when it comes to roaming.

-Are you using the 30/30/10/0/0 build for ele

That question will explain pretty much everything I have to ask :I

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhMmKbzx4gjDAhHHoQCjCdIeYBERA;ToAg0CnoQygkAJLSOkkINgY+B

^ that build

(edited by Solori.6025)

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

http://www.twitch.tv/ptdevils

Solori, I play for one of the top teams in NA. Yes, it may not mean much to you, but my point of telling you this is that nothing is just “not viable”. We have 3 builds that players in both the EU and NA regions would tell you isn’t viable whatsoever. We consistently win and progress forward. We have consistently tweaked and altered our builds to synergize between the team, and THAT is what makes our builds strong.

But, when it comes down to roaming… Ele’s are capable of a lot more than a thief.

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Solori.6025

http://www.twitch.tv/ptdevils

Solori, I play for one of the top teams in NA. Yes, it may not mean much to you, but my point of telling you this is that nothing is just “not viable”. We have 3 builds that players in both the EU and NA regions would tell you isn’t viable whatsoever. We consistently win and progress forward. We have consistently tweaked and altered our builds to synergize between the team, and THAT is what makes our builds strong.

But, when it comes down to roaming… Ele’s are capable of a lot more than a thief.

………..
Is your build that aura share build?

Cause if it is me and you are talking about two completely different builds :I

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

0/10/0/30/30
Arc Wave + Blast + Mist form + Sig Heal
Divinity Runes, Sup Battle + Sup Bloodlust Sigils
Valk w/ Beserker Jewel

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Solori.6025

0/10/0/30/30
Valk w/ Beserker Jewel

Yea we are talking about two different builds..

Among the viable team worth builds I found that build your using was one of them.
Its also the build I currentlly use.

Im talking about the build I linked..
To get extreme burst, you basically blow every utility, then hit firegrab all in around the time of a thieves BS combo.

and I know who and what you are, been following the NA teams for a while, keeps me current in meta and developing meta.

But it also reinforces what I talked about earlier..

your build, like so many others, focuses on the bottom trait lines with minor investment in the air or fire lines.

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

0/10/0/30/30
Valk w/ Beserker Jewel

Among the viable team worth builds I found that build your using was one of them.

To get extreme burst, you basically blow every utility, then hit firegrab all in around the time of a thieves BS combo.

and I know who and what you are, been following the NA teams for a while, keeps me current in meta and developing meta.

Why would you use lightning flash and cleansing fire as an opener…? Im a little confused. Theres a difference between a build being not viable and not being very efficient with your build. No offence of course

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

Tank ele is pretty silly atm.

You know something is wrong when you press B before the start of a match, see that the enemy team does not have a thief and say ‘’Okay guys GG we’ve won, our ele will be able to go far without ever dying’’

You may doubt me on that but trust me, unless the enemy thief has double mesmer on point or mesmer+thief that ele is going to tank the 2v1 EASILY long enough for our team to win mid. Furthermore, anything but the mesmerthief are very unlikely to even get a kill on the ele, so there isnt even a punishment for the decap+attention you’ve wasted 2v1 on close.

This is by no means uncounterable since like I previously mentioned mesmer thief counters it pretty well but it’s still over the top, incredibly powerful in teamfights with uberheals, best roaming spec for sure and can also infinately tank a ton of different 2v1s

I actually can kill bunker eles within 2mins and since our team plays with a farspot attacker it doesnt rlly matter how lkng it takes… If our farspot-boy dies he just helps me with close to kill the ele or i pop a portal to get our nec for 10 secs to pop all his marks and wells… the real problem with bunker eles is once they’re dead, they come back pop tornando and u lost the point again… so it takes again 2mins to kill them and after that tornado is recharged… gg (sry for bad english)

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

Ooooooh gotcha. Yah, I was definitely responding to some other guy saying ele burst isn’t viable. Tbh, I would consider a build that can global another glass cannon build to be completely viable!

But, in regards to like a 30fire 30 air build… I would never leave the spawn. I would literally hide away for the entire tourny.

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Solori.6025

0/10/0/30/30
Valk w/ Beserker Jewel

Why would you use lightning flash and cleansing fire as an opener…? Im a little confused. Theres a difference between a build being not viable and not being very efficient with your build. No offence of course

Its a GC build.

You start in earth attunement, flash to the target precasting earthquake, hit cleansing flame during the stomp animation, switch to fire, firegrab and arcane wave at the same time

You will do a large amount of burst in a very short period and for someone not suspecting it and without a crap tone of vit you will 100% them in around the same time it takes a thief to do its combo.

Its the GC build that I have been talking about

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

Natural, he’s using cleansing fire to apply the burn for his fire grab. The utilities and combo he’s talking about is all utilized for that one burst. Literally, like a warriors burst combo, or thieves.

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Solori.6025

Ooooooh gotcha. Yah, I was definitely responding to some other guy saying ele burst isn’t viable. Tbh, I would consider a build that can global another glass cannon build to be completely viable!

But, in regards to like a 30fire 30 air build… I would never leave the spawn. I would literally hide away for the entire tourny.

LOLOL yea its what I have been questioning this entire thread..

Ok now that we have that out of the way

Want to critique a build I wanted to try..its slightly pre-based, and more for hotjoin because it doesnt have as much group utility. ( trying to get away from the heavy bottom builds).

( I can post it in the ele’s build forum also so we dont side track this thread..though i think it may have run its course)

(edited by Solori.6025)

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

0/10/0/30/30
Valk w/ Beserker Jewel

I feel as you’re trying to troll my friend..you use the exact same build that other eles use..but you still say that burst ele is viable while using trait lines common to tank builds.
I’ve thought you were running with 30/30/10/0/0 lol

in PvP

Solori.6025

0/10/0/30/30
Valk w/ Beserker Jewel

I feel as you’re trying to troll my friend..you use the exact same build that other eles use..but you still say that burst ele is viable while using trait lines common to tank builds.

LOL I think we have had one of those failure to communicate type of issue’s

He was talking about a build completly different from the one we have been talking about.

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

Natural, he’s using cleansing fire to apply the burn for his fire grab. The utilities and combo he’s talking about is all utilized for that one burst. Literally, like a warriors burst combo, or thieves.

that is silly. building around a rotation is silly imo.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

LMAO that’s what thieves/warriors do or am I wrong?

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

0/10/0/30/30
Valk w/ Beserker Jewel

LOL I think we have had one of those failure to communicate type of issue’s

He was talking about a build completly different from the one we have been talking about.

In the end he’s using the same build that every ele and his dog is using, a tank ele literally change just the amulet, the point remain..burst build not viable for eles as I was trying to say, as soon as you move away from earth/water..you get trashed

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

LMAO that’s what thieves/warriors do or am I wrong?

Yes.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Solori.6025

Tell me what you guys think of this build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhEmkbwxygjDAkHm4CLCFPYRRBOzA;ToAg0Cnoey8k4J7TunkPNGZ+B

Its more for hotjoin…still in water….but at least its a little different

in PvP

Posted by: Klassic.8057

Klassic.8057

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhEmkbwxygjDAkHm4CLCFPYRRBOzA;ToAg0Cnoey8k4J7TunkPNGZ+B

Heres a early birthday present for you, the super secret ele build that I thought would never see the light of day.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhImKbkRzwjFAEFpgSoABTGd8hogFVBA;ToAg0Cno4ywlgLLXOukcNsYCB

Kanto

(edited by Klassic.8057)

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

Heres a early birthday present for you, the super secret ele build that I thought would never see the light of day.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhImKbkRzwjFAEFpgSoABTGd8hogFVBA;ToAg0Cno4ywlgLLXOukcNsYCB

no stun breaker?

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Klassic.8057

no stun breaker?

Nahbro, no need

Kanto

in PvP

Klassic.8057

EU meta better watch out son

Kanto

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

no stun breaker?

Nahbro, no need

Yeah stun breakers suck waste of utility slot

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Posted by: Superkav.5012

Superkav.5012

Would you be able to hit firegrab and change to water before it hits in order to utilize the 20% damage water trait (provided the target is vulnerable)?

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

He’s just trolling you (Klassic). Although I’d use that one. lol

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in PvP

Posted by: greg.3792

greg.3792

OP probs just some scrub thief crying about something he can’t kill in 2-3shots.

“Elementalists don’t require a shred of skill.”

And in another post OP comments

“Thief is the only class in this game that requires skill”

Lulz

lmao he couldn’t kill someone in 3 seconds so he cries foul.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Nahbro, no need

Win!

Who coined this stupid stun breaker meta anyways?

Leman

in PvP

Solori.6025

Would you be able to hit firegrab and change to water before it hits in order to utilize the 20% damage water trait (provided the target is vulnerable)?

..I dont think so, but you could try it.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I find it amusing that d/d eles are the hardest class to take down. If you have say a d/d ele (the most common build atm) and a warrior to fight against which one would you focus first? Of course the big tough guy in full plate is easier to take down than the feeble dweeb in cloth. Even guardians are easier to take down most of the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Hekmatyar.8725

Hekmatyar.8725

This is the only approach I’d ever take to D/D ele GC (actually, I just came with it in a pair of minutes)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhImKbkR5gjEAUGpgSoABSGPYRpwMA;ToAg0CnoqxUjoGbNuak1MEZCB

Seems like something a troll would run in hot join…

P.S.: Copy-paste if it doesn’t work, yada, yada.

Nellmar/Arezzem

in PvP

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

I just want to see a glass cannon or even semi GC staff ele be viable. Tried it and it doesn’t work for me. Maybe twice the damage but 1/5 the survivability as a more balanced build 10/0/0/30/30.

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.