Why everybody is an engineer?

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

, but you can’t say it is the most faceroll to play compared to the other professions and passive mechanics.

you’d be insane to suggest otherwise. Who else has can self-stack 20+ might constantly with the pre-nerf dumbfire on a master trait?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynda Quil.3520

Cynda Quil.3520

It’s because of a few factors

turret engi. Turret engi reguardless of players skill level, preforms at a certain degree. If the player is bad they will be decent with turret engi. if they player is great, they will be decent with turret engi. This is why you see so many turret engies in solo q and not high level team que.

Fun. Engi is most fun class imo. I mained ele and got from r1-80 in pvp all with ele. Decided to roll different class cuz i was bored with ele. Tried out nearly all of them. Engi was most fun by far. Now i play engi bc it is what i enjoy even though i have about 5x more hours on ele.

nade/toolkit/elixergun/elixer s Engi. Either condi or cele rifle this is an extremely viable build in pvp atm. So this is used quite often in high tiers of pvp. But does require a fair amount of practice and knowledge to be good at.

And as regards to what some people in the comments are qq-ing about. Turret engi is bad, l2play. They’re only a handful engies in NA right now that i can think of that can actually play the trip kit builds well and effective in high level pvp. It takes more than “faceroll” to be good at this. especially compared to some of the other builds played in Meta right now

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

Who else has can self-stack 20+ might constantly with the pre-nerf dumbfire on a master trait?

lb warrior and ele have similar might stacking and burn applying capability.

in PvP

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

Dunno engineer is the first class I’ve made and i still believe an engineer can deal with about anything depending on his kit.

Recent changes have shown that engineers are in a better spot for PvP now so a lot of people will try them out

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I don’t think the biggest reason has been mentioned yet.

It takes a long time to decap.
It takes little time to lose a point to insta crate.

Passive play is the new direction anet is taking for there is a zerg of new players inc, that need to learn the game with one finger on the keyboard at a time..

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

(edited by Menzies The Heretic.3415)

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

The problem with cele Engineers is the same as with cele Eles, both have too much sustain for the damage (direct and condi) and utility they have (CCs, peels, etc.). At least one has to be tuned down.
Nerfing a profession due to what can be achieved with an amulet? yup yup. That’s why you compensate somewhere else.

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

, but you can’t say it is the most faceroll to play compared to the other professions and passive mechanics.

you’d be insane to suggest otherwise. Who else has can self-stack 20+ might constantly with the pre-nerf dumbfire on a master trait?

Engineer normally can’t get might stacks that high, the highest an Engineer can get is around 13-15 stacks, unless you’re HGH. You know why? Battle Sigil + Strength Runes How many fire fields do Engineers put out? That is only from Bomb #2 and Flame Kit Fire Field #4 I think you’re thinking about Ele/Warrior that can achieve these might stacks normally or you might be the insane one. So really like I said earlier it is based of amulets, sigils, runes, and traits. Build Wars 2.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Why hasn’t anyone refuting the OP taking him up on his challenge?

in PvP

Posted by: bethekey.8314

bethekey.8314

To address the original question, it is because I made it look just so darn cool.

/dropkit /thread

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Well, challenge is open to anyone- decap me in 60 seconds while I beat off alt+tabbed in a different window… That includes you robertful.

In this thread: Engi mains: "Guys engineer is so hard we have so many buttons to press. Incendiary powder is balanced and takes skill. also, other classes stack might harder, and supply crate is noob skill but I still take it every game, even though it only affects noobs. "

every single non-engi: “Engineers are easy-mode and take no skill”

So lemme get this straight. You won’t move and use any skills except dropping some turrets? Are you NA or EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Well, challenge is open to anyone- decap me in 60 seconds while I beat off alt+tabbed in a different window… That includes you robertful.

In this thread: Engi mains: "Guys engineer is so hard we have so many buttons to press. Incendiary powder is balanced and takes skill. also, other classes stack might harder, and supply crate is noob skill but I still take it every game, even though it only affects noobs. "

every single non-engi: “Engineers are easy-mode and take no skill”

So lemme get this straight. You won’t move and use any skills except dropping some turrets? Are you NA or EU?

if you guys do it, record it and post

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

As for non-turret specs, the only thing really is IP trait that can proc off anything even a dodge roll, turret damage, anything that crits.

Turret damage can’t crit

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

YourFriendMarvin.4127

As for non-turret specs, the only thing really is IP trait that can proc off anything even a dodge roll, turret damage, anything that crits.

Turret damage can’t crit

True, but i’ve seen it proc off turret detonations, which isn’t really direct turret damage. Sorry, I guess IP procs off most things that crit besides direct turret damage is what I meant. Still doesn’t change the fact that the way IP is applied is mostly RNG, and no other ways to tell when it is coming unless you keep track of the c/d which is frustrating during the heat of the moment. Maybe add something that resembles when the trait is up, just like Kit Refinement, but in doing this they would need to add it to Reaper’s Protection, Shared Anguish, and other passive things.

[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ

(edited by YourFriendMarvin.4127)

in PvP

Chaith.8256

True, but i’ve seen it proc off turret detonations,

Nope, that can’t crit either. But yes, IP is easy.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

To address the original question, it is because I made it look just so darn cool.

/dropkit /thread

Cool eh? i say madness! man i dislike you. you know what, why dont we just duel with youre masterpiece against mine? pm me ingame im online, ill wait. stream it if you like
or make a youtube vid for a better visual shlt. and lets put some money in the line also, what say you?.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

YourFriendMarvin.4127

True, but i’ve seen it proc off turret detonations,

Nope, that can’t crit either. But yes, IP is easy.

Maybe just Balth Procs, but yeah IP is easy.
/done

in PvP

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

As an Engi main I totally agree about our class being face roll. But that only applies for IP, and turrets, and the stupidly OP elite. Granted all our other elites are terrible so you can’t really blame Engis for taking that.

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

I’m an engi because I’ve mained only engi and war since the release of the game. That being said I always avoid playing meta builds so I haven’t played a turret engi yet. And never will. I make my own builds that I find fun to play albeit they might not always be as effective as the meta, but since I’m more of a casual player I don’t really care about effectiveness as much.

in PvP

Posted by: Arachnid.4062

Arachnid.4062

Why do people play engineer? Let’s see:

-Massive amounts of self healing and regeneration
-Tons of damage from a single passive proc (Incendiary powder), so people can’t outplay most of your damage since you’ll hit them with it whether they dodge or not
-Never runs out of skills to spam
-1st/2nd best skyhammer troll class
-Multiple “Oh kitten!” buttons like Elixir S, Toolkit block, on demand stealth, etc
-Strongest elite skill in the game (Crate) also provides even MORE healing and more passive burning
-If someone calls you OP, you immediately start crying about how condi necros destroy you
-If someone says your class is easy, you start shouting about how grenades are the Uberskill (soooooooo hard to land)

That’s why, in a nutshell.

Oh, and because Engineers are overpowered.

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Well are you sure the issue comes from the class skills or from the amulet and sigils/runes??

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

Sounds like alot of kitten players here, just keep on facerolling with dat warrior/thief/elementalist and then complain that engi is faceroll and passive lel.

(edited by Lifestealer.4910)

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

this thread sounds like a collection of tough l2p issues, btw.

/slightsarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

-Tons of damage from a single passive proc (Incendiary powder), so people can’t outplay most of your damage since you’ll hit them with it whether they dodge or not
-Multiple “Oh kitten!” buttons like Elixir S, Toolkit block, on demand stealth, etc
-Strongest elite skill in the game (Crate) also provides even MORE healing and more passive burning
-If someone calls you OP, you immediately start crying about how condi necros destroy you
-If someone says your class is easy, you start shouting about how grenades are the Uberskill (soooooooo hard to land)

That was good.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

This, also engy is the only class i can play now, because my left hand is broken and i have a basic mouse, thus plant turrets and click skills is the only way to play =]

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Im fairly new to PvP and I noticed that in solo and team arena there is at least 3 or 4 enginners per match. I was wondering what is so special about this profession or its some kind of bruiser class that dominates PvP?

Im just looking for opinions from more experinced players , I really want to understand why there is not much class diversity in spvp. ( solo and team arena).

People usually like to go afk in the middle of games. Engie can still win by passive ai during these moments.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

As an Engi main I totally agree about our class being face roll. But that only applies for IP, and turrets, and the stupidly OP elite. Granted all our other elites are terrible so you can’t really blame Engis for taking that.

This guy gets it

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Nerfing IP CD will fix a lot of issues.

Right now there is nothing that can compares an engi in SPVP . . . not even close.

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Nerfing IP CD will fix a lot of issues.

Right now there is nothing that can compares an engi in SPVP . . . not even close.

Haha, that’s just flat out wrong. Cele D/D eles are stackable and more or less as useful than engineers, right now. Eles are harder to focus, as well. I’m not going to make an opinionated statement as to which are overall more of a must-have, but, if you say no pick can compare to an Engi pick right now in SPVP, that’s just un-true.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

I’ve been on engi for awhile and i guess the only thing i can say is that its a really fun class. I’ve been bored of the typical 3-kit build so i’ve been hot joining with Sd build and lately HgH. Its interesting to me! Coming from a thief where it was either zerker or nothing(pd is way to boring to me)i guess i just like how you can play almost anything you want

solo cheese engi/ex teef

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I have to admit I have a lot of trouble beating Engi’s myself. I’m not sure which are harder to beat, HgH or Turret, but they can both destroy you if given the chance. HgH seems to hit like a truck even though they’re mostly condition based and Turret Engi’s just have a ton of CC.

Still, they can be beaten. I’ve beaten both a couple times now, and just recently beat a Turret Engi in a solo que match. (video posted in the Ele forums) So I can’t say they’re impossible to beat but you can’t just faceroll them either.

I think the main issue is that these classes are becoming more balanced while others are still subpar as far as traits and build variety go.

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Ruining what’s left of the game since december 2013, overshadowed by the war QQ.
Same pointless excuse as the old d/d ele : but i has many buttons to mash !
Can’t see that one brought down anytime soon though.

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I have seen lots more rangers and eles than engis lately. Also eles are harder to focus down.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

First of all, I’ll admit that I play a turret Engineer in PvP. I’m not good at PvP, it’s one of the few things I can play where I don’t feel like I’m dragging my team down unfairly.

Huh? I was supposed to take that trait? Can someone explain to me how it’s so overpowered? When I picked traits, it seemed… unimportant to what I was going for.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

First of all, I’ll admit that I play a turret Engineer in PvP. I’m not good at PvP, it’s one of the few things I can play where I don’t feel like I’m dragging my team down unfairly.

Huh? I was supposed to take that trait? Can someone explain to me how it’s so overpowered? When I picked traits, it seemed… unimportant to what I was going for.

burning with the right build is the strongest condi, ticks for more dmg than some AA and you can dodge only so many AA with IP proc

most of my deathes come from 20k+ burning dmg

i don’t think however you would use IP with turret build

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

IP helps make up for the terribad pistol auto attack damage. There are many other auto attacks that deal more damage than pistol aa + ip proc… and you can cleanse away the burning. I really don’t see the problem.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Oh, pistol. Right. That thing I carry that isn’t my shield. I was wondering what that was.

Yeah, I think I’ll just continue to ignore that trait and stick with what I have.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.