Why gw2 does not stick

Why gw2 does not stick

in PvP

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

I have been wondering for a while whats wrong with gw2 spvp, why dont its not amazing like some other games. I have figured it out

- We arent rewarded for putting in hours of work in spvp. Apparently you can earn gold and further your account by killing people and destroying castles in wvw but in spvp no no no. . .

- Classes have too much.
To much movement speed, boons, damage, conditions. The next step from this is 3 second fights just wait for it.

- spvp game mode is dull, man when I play games like dota or even fps i enjoy what I am doing. But sitting on this circle for 15 mins so my team doesn’t lose becomes like a chore, can we get another way to earn points? or can actually killing people earn us more points.

- skyhammer. Enough said

Maybe the devs of pvp will actually start listening to the players, because I have seen these things posted alot.

Peace

(edited by Moderator)

Why gw2 does not stick

in PvP

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

The next step from this is 3 second fights just wait for it.

Burst meta → Bunker meta → Condition meta → Stun meta → Burst meta?

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Why gw2 does not stick

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Itttttttt’s the circle of life.

You should never ever be setting up camp on a point for any amount of time… basically: You’re making baseless conclusions on top of false assumptions.

Play team/solo que and see if that strategy works past the 900s

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Why gw2 does not stick

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Burst meta -> Bunker meta -> Condition meta -> Stun meta -> Burst meta?

That would make sense. Very easy for Thieves/Mesmers/Elementalists to blow up a stunned target.

Call me Smith.

Why gw2 does not stick

in PvP

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Burst meta -> Bunker meta -> Condition meta -> Stun meta -> Burst meta?

That would make sense. Very easy for Thieves/Mesmers/Elementalists to blow up a stunned target.

And then they need bunkers to counter the burst, and conditions to counter the bunkers, and then stuns to counter the conditions…

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Why gw2 does not stick

in PvP

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

Kills = 10 points ???

Why gw2 does not stick

in PvP

Posted by: degoking.1482

degoking.1482

The simple Fact is for all the good things about the game, the bad things out weigh it by a lot. For example 6 months we waited for broken leader boards, and another 6 to be fixed. Balancing they say they don’t wanna whack a mole or band-aid fix, but that’s all i see.

they have the means to make pvp totally separate from pve but refuse to because it might be to hard for the casual gamer to get used to both. And until they don’t have to balance this game around pve it will never be right. Now i’m not saying the casual gamers are bad i’m just saying Anet has no faith that we as players have a brain and would be able to figure the differences out if they were to change the skills to be balanced separately for pvp and pve. Now i know they do this with some skills but they need to do this on a much broader basis.

The sad part is that there is a great game hidden some where in gw2, the trick is can the devs make use of it. There are just a number of pvp 101 things that any game would have you would think any way.

But Anet has found a way not to have these things after a year and half. Such as rewards, game modes, proper leader boards, proper ways to read your damage out put so u can judge different builds and weapons more accurately and more in depth. And lastly build variety.

now i know there is always going to be a popular build in any game that’s how it goes. But in this game u have 1 or 2 builds that out weigh every other build by to much, so it is not viable to play the other builds.

Where as i think there should be some builds that may be hard to play but if mastered can be better then the cookie cutter builds or at least the same as far as viability Now some of you all may say what are you talking about there is plenty of builds, and i would agree to a point. But some of those other builds u may be talking about are not viable for tourney play. spvp yes, fun yes, but not competitive play. That’s my opinion any how.

Now on more of the positive side i do think this game could be great and there is something about it that’s keeps me coming back even after a break, it is a great looking game the combat has so much potential to be the best any game has had to this point, and i do believe the devs care very deeply about this game, and are passionate about making the best pvp experience for us the players as they can. We will just have to wait and see how it all turns out when it’s out of beta.

Why gw2 does not stick

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I started GW2 with about 30 of my wow guildies. 90% of them where in the upper echelon of the EU brackets. Multiseason glads (top 0.5%) + rank 1 RBG guild in the world for several months.

These where players that demanded depth within their classes gameplay. The classes needed to be easy to get in to, but hard and rewarding to master. GW2 didnt deliver that. So every single one but me stopped.

We have a few builds that offer proper balanced gameplay and the right balance between risk and reward. Others (necro of any spec, spiritranger etc) are the typical 5 button class that all the GW2 haters often refer to. Even if they arent super strong in a certain meta…..its still a class with relatively simple mechanics.

The difference in depth between classes in this game is literally absurd. So if a new guy picks one of the shallow classes he ends up getting an incorrect image of the game.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Why gw2 does not stick

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

When people stop GW2 sPvP…. what other competitive games do they go to that have everything they want?

Dota is not really like GW2 sPvP. It doesn’t feel as immersive to me. It’s more like moving chessboard pieces. I don’t feel like the character is “me” in those games.

And first person shooters give me motion sickness, so those are out.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”