Why has Diamond Skin not been removed?

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

The vastly inferior Engineer version was deleted years ago due to virtually hardcountering condition builds. (no new condi application below 20% health).

This Elementalist version, beyond all comprehension, was introduced AFTER all we learned from the Engineer version AND is significantly more powerful.

Why does this trait, which does literally hardcounter all hybrid/condi builds still exist?

How in the world has this been ignored by the balance team for so kitten long?!

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

actually having a scarecrow against condi spammer is making the game much more healthy since condi spammers cant bear a thought something counters them they have to play something else thus decreasing the amount of players with mad condi skills per match

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Brew Pinch.5731

I don’t want a vast majority of the mechanical complexity of this game to exist, because it is too hard

/facepalm

this 4 year old meme? Seriously?

This was the exact same rubbish people were spouting back then, and we’ve all learnt it was and remains self-defeatist nonsense.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

You have to ask yourself, Brew Pinch, why an old trait like Diamond Skin is creating so many threads just now?

The problem with tempest is that the meta build has no problem mitigating power damage and keeping himself above 90% health. Diamond Skin before that was either useless because the meta was less about conditions, or trash because eles did not have the sustain to maintain their health above 90%.

Also, if you play condi, don’t 1v1 an ele. Either +1 or rotate elsewhere. You can’t expect to win every 1v1, especially if you play a build that is specialized (there is a reason why most good 1v1 builds are hybrid).

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It deserves a slight rework at worst, staying the same at best. I believe after conditions are reigned in that diamond skin will need an adjustment. I don’t do conditions primarily and when I do it’s to augment the power damage or create some pressure (like casting burn on a thief or using poison against a druid) so I don’t run into the overpoweredness of diamond skin. Likewise when I run it I’ll notice it’s hard to keep above 90% (keeping others alive is a higher priority) and doesn’t feel as OP as its reputation.

“This Elementalist version, beyond all comprehension, was introduced AFTER all we learned from the Engineer version AND is significantly more powerful.
Why does this trait, which does literally hardcounter all hybrid/condi builds still exist?”

Because viper stats and new condition abilities exists now.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

I don’t want a vast majority of the mechanical complexity of this game to exist, because it is too hard

/facepalm

this 4 year old meme? Seriously?

This was the exact same rubbish people were spouting back then, and we’ve all learnt it was and remains self-defeatist nonsense.

funny how u effed up all I said but still you dont sound convincing

conditions are complex and interesting as long as they help to disable the target setting it up for a kill with proper burst, such conditions are immobilize, slow, chill

however dropping 15 stacks of some kitten and then waiting for people to drop while hiding behind a bunker build has nothing complex or interesting and thats the sort of playstyle diamond skin punishes

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Brew Pinch.5731

Diamond skin wasn’t part of the metabattle.com Elementalist meme build.

This is the major reason it wasn’t seeing widespread use, the vast majority of players believe that website is the holy gospel.

There were complaints from veterans when the trait was introduced and it has always been gamebreakingly powerful.

Also, try not to potter out the old “git gud” memes, they are always so cringe inducing in their desperate attempt to distract from the most obvious of points: what if the other player got good too?

ANet deleted the Engineer trait because it was cancer, not because all non-engineers were utterly incapable of competently playing the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Why are revenents still OP with tons of blocks, stability, teleports, evasions all with low cooldowns?
Why do druids have so much CC?
Why do reapers still have massive condi-pressure?
Why are scrappers allowed to be tanky with a glassy amulet?
Why do dragonhunters have 0 casting time traps?
Why was chronobunker a thing?

in PvP

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

Indeed, Diamond Skin is totally ridiculous. My necro builds are extremely compromised because just that single trait. Actually, I feel like all my skills are useless. I can’t start with an immobilize, or with fear, that are basically the starters of my combos; My wells are all useless to cast, ALL staff skills are 100% useless versus that one single trait. Also, it’s hard to make the first 10% damage to someone that have all boons of the game 24/7 and spam auras.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Why are revenents still OP with tons of blocks, stability, teleports, evasions all with low cooldowns?
Why do druids have so much CC?
Why do reapers still have massive condi-pressure?
Why are scrappers allowed to be tanky with a glassy amulet?
Why do dragonhunters have 0 casting time traps?
Why was chronobunker a thing?

1. No proper balance pass yet
2. No proper balance pass yet
3. Necros in general are supposed to have strong condi pressure, since they don’t get boons or avoidance
4. Designed as a brawler spec. Warriors were once that tanky in Maurader as well. Not to say this shouldn’t get toned down, though.
5. One is a stunbreak. The other…maybe because you know it’s there before it can harm you? I’m not sure on this one.
6. Is it a bad thing that Mesmers get a bunker spec? Yes, it is overtuned, but I don’t think the core premise is a bad thing. It does have counters in the form of condition builds, though.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Defiling Treekiller.1632

Defiling Treekiller.1632

lol another whaaambulance driver ,if one trait destroys your whole build you may want to consider another one or maybe just maybe use your situational awareness to not attack the ele with your one trick pony build

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

You have to ask yourself, Brew Pinch, why an old trait like Diamond Skin is creating so many threads just now?

Actually DS created many complaint threads, when it first came out but after a while they vanished simply because the meta builds for eles didnt run the trait and most people dont complain about things they dont encounter.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Actually DS created many complaint threads, when it first came out but after a while they vanished simply because the meta builds for eles didnt run the trait and most people dont complain about things they dont encounter.

Even so, the threads complaining about it were actually fairly regular, popping up about once a month, even when the trait wasn’t popular.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Even so, the threads complaining about it were actually fairly regular, popping up about once a month, even when the trait wasn’t popular.

Given the amount of people running condis and the way condi builds are advertised as newbie friendly, it’s only natural to see this number of thread popping out.
XD Don’t you see all these “DS OP” threads started by randoms?…I’d be mad if I’d be you, it shows how simple is to run condi builds in gw2

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Given the amount of people running condis and the way condi builds are advertised as newbie friendly, it’s only natural to see this number of thread popping out.
XD Don’t you see all these “DS OP” threads started by randoms?…I’d be mad if I’d be you, it shows how simple is to run condi builds in gw2

I was watching Nos stream earlier and even he couldn’t break DS on an ele before getting plus 1’d (and he was going at it for a good 30s+, and I think he was using Cele amulet). Some noob right.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

I was watching Nos stream earlier and even he couldn’t break DS on an ele before getting plus 1’d (and he was going at it for a good 30s+, and I think he was using Cele amulet). Some noob right.

We just showed a video of @Nos sitting at 40% HP ,downing a 100% HP DS ele naturally I’d say that here Nos outplayed the ele and viceversa can happen..but that would go against the “rules”

in PvP

Posted by: KrewGorilla.6491

KrewGorilla.6491

you can break diamond skin with cele reaper necro by outplaying the ele, or go the easier route of vipers rev……dont know why so many ppl complain about it. Besides in team fights ele gets destroyed once that ds is down and necro just boon corrupts everything. just get someone to swap points or dont 1v1 an ele haha. Thats what +1 is for

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

you can break diamond skin with cele reaper necro by outplaying the ele, or go the easier route of vipers rev……dont know why so many ppl complain about it. Besides in team fights ele gets destroyed once that ds is down and necro just boon corrupts everything. just get someone to swap points or dont 1v1 an ele haha. Thats what +1 is for

viper rev ? loooooool yeah in 1v1 the bunker ele with ds will just outheal you

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

actually having a scarecrow against condi spammer is making the game much more healthy since condi spammers cant bear a thought something counters them they have to play something else thus decreasing the amount of players with mad condi skills per match

Exactly. When I see Reapers going dagger or trying to build more dmg than condi, it just saves me a lot of trouble as a non-diamond skin Tempest. Diamond Skin Tempests, you are the mvp.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: KrewGorilla.6491

KrewGorilla.6491

viper rev ? loooooool yeah in 1v1 the bunker ele with ds will just outheal you

sword still does a kitten ton of dmg……..last i checked vipers was power, condi dmg, precision and condi duration? pretty sure sword auto breaks diamond skin. looooool so dont know what your getting at, was merely pointing out that diamond skin can be broken by condi classes since this thread is complaining about why it hasn’t been removed yet……

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

You complain about DS giving u issues during set circumstances. What of thief who is hardcountered by DH, no way to work around there, but they adapt by avoiding the DH in 1v1.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Supreme.3164

I would not expect much…condi reaper is listed as newbie friendly, so these kind of threads are to be expected

in PvP

Posted by: MAN.9046

MAN.9046

I would not expect much…condi reaper is listed as newbie friendly, so these kind of threads are to be expected

majority of HoT meta builds are kinda newb friendly though, spam rotations on point and never die cuz invuln/heals/evades/protection lol

RIP
FeelsBadMan

in PvP

Supreme.3164

majority of HoT meta builds are kinda newb friendly though, spam rotations on point and never die cuz invuln/heals/evades/protection lol

That’s my friend..it’s the wisest thing I read in a while and you’re right in saying so