Why has GW2 sPvP not progressed at all?

in PvP

Posted by: Collero.7963

Collero.7963

It has been nearly a year since SoloQ & TeamQ were removed and GW2 sPvP hasn’t progressed at all.

- SoloQ & TeamQ was far superior to Unranked & Ranked arenas. SoloQ & TeamQ leaderboards weren’t even that bad, far better than the pathetic leaderboards we had earlier this year and will probably be better than the upcoming “Premade vs. Solo/Duo” league system. SoloQ was amazing for sPvP and would of been even better now since you added map voting to avoid Skyhammer. I don’t understand why ArenaNet would want to force premades in their CASUAL game.

- The new ‘Bunker’ meta is awful causing 15 minute games which is by far the worst or at least most boring meta to either play or watch since the release of GW2. I don’t even want to go into the low skill required to play certain builds in this meta.

- Balance has definitely not improved at all over the past year, I mean look at the D/D Ele era that we had. It was left for so long even though everybody agreed it was the most broken build in sPvP at the time. Mesmer, Rampage & Fire/Air was nerfed during that period but not D/D Ele, I wonder why…? Hmm.

- Queues are as bad as they were with SoloQ & TeamQ except now we can’t even queue outside HOTM. It’s horrible, and no wonder GW2 has such a embarrasing Twitch viewer count. Most people don’t want to watch Helseth, Nos or whoever dance around in HOTM for 9 minutes before every match they get.

- BUGS! I don’t think we’ve seen more bugs like we have now in at least a couple of years. I won’t be too harsh on this subject as Heart of Thorns was released only a few weeks ago and it is expected from ArenaNet.

- Popularity? I don’t think it has grown at all in sPvP. It had more players trying out sPvP due to F2P and there being no PvE/WvW content for over 6-12 months? I guarantee most of those players tried out sPvP and didn’t bother with it again after a few days for reasons I listed above.

- Visibility has gotten so much worse since the release of Heart of Thorns. What’s that? Traps? Wells? Overload? It’s impossible to see what is going on most of the time.

What do you have to show for all this? WTS, Pro League & Go4GW2? Congratulations, you’ve paid The Abjured, TCG, Rank 55 & ORNG/CM players. Is that worth ignoring the majority and making sPvP the miserable and depressing place that it is? I don’t think so. kitten off with the eSports is what I am trying to say.

I would extend on this further but I don’t feel like it as it’ll achieve nothing.

- Collero

Top 10 TeamQ // Rank 1 & 2 SoloQ // 12,000+ sPvP Games
…and what a waste of time it all was.

(edited by Collero.7963)

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Soloq was good. Teamq was trash. I do not want that version of teamq to return as it was just a glorified soloq because of the better rewards and the fact there was no party limit.

Your other points are valid, but not as important (imo) to the overall state of pvp. There will always be balance issues, there will always be bugs and there will always be queue times. (in any game honestly)

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: zELEVENz.6937

zELEVENz.6937

than upcoming “Premade vs. Solo/Duo” league system.

I haven’t been following the announcements on leagues as I lost interest in spvp after most of the changes you mentioned, has it really been confirmed that a specific queue for solo/duo is coming or am I misinterpreting what you said?

in PvP

Posted by: Espire.9723

Espire.9723

PvE will always bring them more money then PvP, so don’t be to angry over broken game mechanics…. You either learn to accept the poor PvP support from Anet or you have to move on. After 3 years of ignored ideas/ wishes from the playerbase, I just don’t care anymore tbh.

in PvP

Collero.7963

than upcoming “Premade vs. Solo/Duo” league system.

I haven’t been following the announcements on leagues as I lost interest in spvp after most of the changes you mentioned, has it really been confirmed that a specific queue for solo/duo is coming or am I misinterpreting what you said?

No – I was just trying to point out that the Ranked queue will end up like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I still miss 1v1’ing while waiting in queue.

But hey, at least I do much better in jumping puzzles.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

So true. How long til Gw2 esport fanboys come to post about all the great stuff in the past year.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

+1 to Collero

Also all these things are very easy to understand and detect, i am so sad devs don’t even discuss it

My 2 cents about match-waiting:
One of the important things apart of balance, MMR and other top tier esports stuff is HOTM jail. I believe we spent there just queuing more time than drug-dealers prisoners in real jails. When it ends? Any normal person will get this problem on second day of playing. Does it mean that Anet pvp devs do not play pvp at all? If i am wrong and they do, please let us know what kind of tolerance meditation they use, cos you need to teach us.

There are so mane things in the world we could do before, under queuing.

Talék

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Balance has actually gotten much better with every patch. Also, there is no bunker meta.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Collero.7963

Balance has actually gotten much better with every patch. Also, there is no bunker meta.

I won’t even bother explaining to you why you are so wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Explosia.9164

Explosia.9164

1- The absence of Solo Queue and Team Queue.
2- Less frequent balance patches.

I don’t understand how hard it is to see that these are basic requirements for a healty pvp (especially absolutely mandatory for esports) game. It’s been years since people asked for only these two and we got neither of them. You tried to import some stuff from other esport games but you brought useless things like stronghold instead of these two important things like seriously. Now that the leagues are coming (which is absolutely amazing so thank you for that) finally this game can be a real esport if you just add these two things.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

1- The absence of Solo Queue and Team Queue.
2- Less frequent balance patches.

I don’t understand how hard it is to see that these are basic requirements for a healty pvp (especially absolutely mandatory for esports) game. It’s been years since people asked for only these two and we got neither of them. You tried to import some stuff from other esport games but you brought useless things like stronghold instead of these two important things like seriously. Now that the leagues are coming (which is absolutely amazing so thank you for that) finally this game can be a real esport if you just add these two things.

Thank you, nothing more needs to be said.

I like pvp, I especially liked the hotjoin days at release! 8v8, now THAT was fun!

Today, though, sometimes I find it a chore to try & have fun with this lousy matchmaking & no solo queue. FORGET E-SPORTS, pvp needs the fundamentals first! I mean come on! These are basic things, for the public. This is like the NBA without the streetball(hotjoin), & the local leagues(soloq). I don’t know what kind of people are working on this pvp thing but they are OUT…OF…TOUCH.

in PvP

Posted by: Belze Intilie.8436

Belze Intilie.8436

+1 Collero.
I hate ur ragequits but this is so true!

Bro Code(x) (Mesmer), Bro Tect (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: YoungStar.3569

YoungStar.3569

Please, read this thread devs!!! And think about it! Its really not that hard to grasp!

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

+1 to Collero

Also all these things are very easy to understand and detect, i am so sad devs don’t even discuss it

My 2 cents about match-waiting:
One of the important things apart of balance, MMR and other top tier esports stuff is HOTM jail. I believe we spent there just queuing more time than drug-dealers prisoners in real jails. When it ends? Any normal person will get this problem on second day of playing. Does it mean that Anet pvp devs do not play pvp at all? If i am wrong and they do, please let us know what kind of tolerance meditation they use, cos you need to teach us.

There are so mane things in the world we could do before, under queuing.

HOTM jail? I can only answer this with a song:

?"Premades premades"?
?"What you gonna do?“?
?”What you gonna do when they come for you?"?

?"Premades premades"?
?"What you gonna do?“?
?”What you gonna do when they come for you?"?

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Just a question:
- If PvP is so much horrible, then what about this official HoT release poster?

It claims a great growth.

And great growth means pleased and happy players.

Attachments:

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: YoungStar.3569

YoungStar.3569

I u post stuff read it first! This shows overall playerparticipation since nov 2014! Numbers are bound to increase with an upcoming release and f2p model! But We are considering pvp long term development and how the hard core of pvp (only) players enjoyes the game! Not sone silly players coming to the mist only for their daily!

in PvP

Collero.7963

Just a question:

I will copy and paste from my original post.

“Popularity? I don’t think it has grown at all in sPvP. It had more players trying out sPvP due to F2P and there being no PvE/WvW content for over 6-12 months? I guarantee most of those players tried out sPvP and didn’t bother with it again after a few days for reasons I listed above.”

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I won’t even bother explaining to you why you are so wrong.

Bruiser != bunker, and either way in my experience people die way more and way faster now than before.

And really I’m still confused by the argument that longer matches is a bad thing. In every game and sport I’ve ever heard of longer matches are considered something desirable.
Granted I’m one of those “oldschool” players that believe that killing opponents should be a achievement rather than a entitlement.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The new trait system set the balance back 2 years, and worse. It was actually better 2 years ago. We used to complain about 10k backstabs; now heavy classes are doing 14k hammer hits and hitting multiple targets. ESport is dead, just get Reapers, Guards, Chronomancers and Reapers and you can 1-shot anyone. Classes that used to be playable like berserker staff ele are now completely unplayable.

Balance is a complete mess. On top of that they removed maps faster than they make new ones (1 map in 2 years). It’s like they only have 1 artist making maps and hes working part-time.

in PvP

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Everything else could be perfect, but as long as solo/duo queue isn’t separate from 3-5 man premade queue, the game’s pvp will continue to be a complete joke.

in PvP

Collero.7963

Everything else could be perfect, but as long as solo/duo queue isn’t separate from 3-5 man premade queue, the game’s pvp will continue to be a complete joke.

Exactly.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Too few maps and game modes ( Deathmatch would improve this so much )
Unbalanced pvp
Powercreep,one shot yadaya
Too much passive bs going on
Every idiot and his grandma can play a condition build

in PvP

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Just a question:

Yea…it’s called using their ‘data’ to just throw out a bunch of nonsense,

in PvP

Collero.7963

I wonder why ArenaNet are not responding to anything…

Can they not admit to making bad decisions more than 80% of the time with everything they do regarding sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I wonder why ArenaNet are not responding to anything…

Can they not admit to making bad decisions more than 80% of the time with everything they do regarding sPvP?

I’ve read somewhere that they’re replying on Twitter, Facebook and reddit only.

Tho, I saw them on reddit a bit :v

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

would be interesting to see a constructive answer from a dev on these. its mostly sad but true