Why is "Interact" on the right click toggle..

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

You really seem to missing the point here, A.net. This was a quality of life fix so people didn’t accidentally target things while right clicking and moving their camera. Interacting with objects has nothing to do with this.

Take the orb in Spirit Watch for example. Your teammate drops it when he goes down. If you go to pick it up with F, you’ll res him. However you COULD have right clicked the orb directly and picked it up. Now you have to target the orb, and hit F. Or double left-click, which runs the risk of targeting something else. One action becomes two.

Another example: dead enemy at a Temple buff. Your friend says hes going for the stomp, and you need that stillness/tranq fast. Can’t right click the buff anymore, and if you hit F, youll stomp. Now you have to again target the buff, and hit F or double click. One action becomes two.

No it’s not the end of the world, but this is the opposite of a “qualify of life” improvement. Disable right click targeting/attacking, but leave interact alone. Why is this so difficult =/

in PvP

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Approved
(15char)

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

You need a target in order to interact with it, thus the result of the ‘fix’ everyone requested. Left click + F isn’t so bad imo. I didn’t even know you could use the right click to specifically interact with something…

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Siriusly.4693

Siriusly.4693

+1, Anet clearly doesnt think these things through..

in PvP

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Whaaaaaat ? You guys are mad ! This is a major quality of life improvement, seriously.
It seems you did not understand what it is. If you keep it enabled, nothing has changed, so no problem for you.
Yet, if you disable it … HURRAH ! You now no longer stupidly lose your current target because game thought you wanted to click instead of moving your camera.
Seriously disagree with this, have been waiting this for such a long time.

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

indeed, not losing targets randomly on right clicks is HUGE.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Celeras.4980

Whaaaaaat ? You guys are mad ! This is a major quality of life improvement, seriously.
It seems you did not understand what it is. If you keep it enabled, nothing has changed, so no problem for you.
Yet, if you disable it … HURRAH ! You now no longer stupidly lose your current target because game thought you wanted to click instead of moving your camera.

I don’t understand? Haha. Nobody is saying the right click toggle should go away, we’re saying the “interact” portion shouldn’t be lumped in because it essentially turns one action into two in numerous instances.

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

I would still have interact off right click if the option to separate targeting and interaction was available. The amount of times I accidentally rez or stomp and I was simply trying to turn my camera is infuriating. So how it is now is fine for me.

More options the better though!

Forever unranked.

in PvP

KratosAngel.7289

I don’t understand? Haha. Nobody is saying the right click toggle should go away, we’re saying the “interact” portion shouldn’t be lumped in because it essentially turns one action into two in numerous instances.

Instead of indirectly insulting the others, YOU might try to read too … I said there was no change with before, I think recalling I still could interact with a right click … but nah, you want to show you’re so much more clever than the others !
Anyway, even if this was not the case anymore, I don’t see it as a major issue seriously … would it be so hard to press F or double click ? O_o
There are so many things more important to do …

in PvP

Celeras.4980

Instead of indirectly insulting the others, YOU might try to read too … I said there was no change with before, I think recalling I still could interact with a right click … but nah, you want to show you’re so much more clever than the others !
Anyway, even if this was not the case anymore, I don’t see it as a major issue seriously … would it be so hard to press F or double click ? O_o
There are so many things more important to do …

You couldn’t use only F in any of the examples I listed, again, if you bothered to read.

Is using two actions instead of one a big deal? Of course not. That doesn’t mean it should be a side effect of something that was supposed to be a quality-of-life improvement.

in PvP

KratosAngel.7289

You could do it with just F, yes I read, it’s just a matter of positioning. Besides, with what you say, same problem occurs : if you fail your click, you’re stomping/rezing.
The main problem is not that, the main problem is having the same key, F, to perform several different actions instead of giving different possibilities :
- keeping F for all
- split into 1 key for stomping, 1 key for rezzing, 1 key to loot, 1 key to interact
- split into 1 key for stomping or rezing, 1 key to loot or interact
Just examples.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I have it turned off, because I don’t want to interact with crap in PvP, I want to kill everyone. If I want the orb, I will left click – f it. If I want to fight someone and suddenly I was targeting the orb I would be so kitten ed.

Add 2 options (although I think most of this game is hard codded and not using classes or anything useful so the interact and target are probably in the same coding)
1: Disable Right Click to Target
2: Disable Right Click to Interact

1 will allow you to interact but not target
2 will allow you to target but not interact
Having both ticked will work as it currently does.

I would also like to see the separate keys for stomp / res / interact as mentioned by KratosAngel

Something like F does all, Crtl – F finish, Shift – F res

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Disabling right click for Target only and not for Interact kind of defeats the point of the option in the first place. It will not prevent you from losing your selection when moving the camera with right click if you happen to click on an interactable object. It’ll just make it less likely to happen since only interactable objects will work and not everything selectable.