Why is PvP so simple? Is this supposed to be fun?

in PvP

Posted by: Jow.5920

Jow.5920

Step 1: Forget tactics
Step 2: Forget teamwork
Step 3: Build damage
Step 4: Hope everyone else on your team followed steps 1-3

Someone enlighten me.

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Go play tPvP with a team that useses a chatprogram like TS3, Vert etc. There is allot of teambuilding you can do and glasscanon is defenitly not the best way to go for every class.

The skillcap tho, is defenitly not as high as a game like Starcraft II. But in general i think the cap is high enough that you should be able to enjoy the game allot when being matched against people that are equil to your skill-level.

in PvP

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

Someone enlighten me.

sounds like you are playing pub games. get an organized team. problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: Pete.6037

Pete.6037

That’s because you’re playing hot join. Hot join, for the moment, is garbage.

Find a tournament group. Things get a lot better.

in PvP

Posted by: Viserion.5130

Viserion.5130

Step1: Join a guild/play with friends
Step2: Define roles/tactics
Step3: Build accordingly
Step4: Have fun

in PvP

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Someone enlighten me.

sPvP atm is like this yeah…

but i can assure you, try this in an tournament match and you will get utterly destroyed and stomped.

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in PvP

Posted by: Deepblue.1237

Deepblue.1237

Someone enlighten me.

i would so incredibly stomp you in sPVP that it would take like 2 minutes for another “Mesmer is so OP QQ” thread to open up on forums.

in PvP

Posted by: Sacred.8973

Sacred.8973

Tpvp isnt much better, 95% of matches are against total noobs i.e. boring.
When its final round and you win around 500-100 all you can do is /sigh.

in PvP

Posted by: Irishbrewed.6537

Irishbrewed.6537

Youre playing wrong, or just have a bad attitude. Even in pugs there is team work. I think you’re just oversimplifying every mmo pvp scenerio ever!

in PvP

Posted by: Jow.5920

Jow.5920

Thanks for the replies. I guess I’ll try this tournament thing. Hopefully it’s better.

Youre playing wrong, or just have a bad attitude. Even in pugs there is team work. I think you’re just oversimplifying every mmo pvp scenerio ever!

Nah… I played GW1 competitively and have played EVE online for 8 years+. Both PVP-based games. Both MMOs. I’m just trying to wrap my head around Gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Hot join is just for casual screwing around and carefree play. If you want organization go to the organized brackets.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Thanks for the replies. I guess I’ll try this tournament thing. Hopefully it’s better.

Thanks for the reasonable attitude!

in PvP

Posted by: Archadian.5024

Archadian.5024

Very cool. This response surprised the hell out of me in a good way.

Fight to eat, eat to live, live to die.

in PvP

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Nah… I played GW1 competitively and have played EVE online for 8 years+. Both PVP-based games. Both MMOs. I’m just trying to wrap my head around Gw2.

If you are looking for GW1 like teamplay, you will not find it in tournament play either.
Don’t know how many in here actually played GW1 HoH or GvG, but GW2 sPvP isn’t close to what kind of teamplay is involved in GW1.

Hell, there is a reason why GW1 has tools like Teambuilder.

in PvP

milo.6942

If you are looking for GW1 like teamplay, you will not find it in tournament play either.
Don’t know how many in here actually played GW1 HoH or GvG, but GW2 sPvP isn’t close to what kind of teamplay is involved in GW1.

Give it time.

in PvP

Posted by: benhamann.9570

benhamann.9570

I love when ppl come here to complain about something they have little understanding about. How long did you play before you came to your conclusion and logged on to the forums to gripe? And you didnt even know about tournaments?

in PvP

Varonth.5830

Give it time.

It doesn’t only need time, it needs heavy buffs to support abilities, and heavy nerfs to personal damage. Teamplay evolves when you require it at all means.

Why should someone take a support Ele for example, which can heal 1.8k health every 20s in a tiny area over 3s, when a damage dealer would just do 8-10k dmg in the same amount of time?

“We are searching for a support guardian to protect our burst thief doing his job for tournament.”
You will never see this at the moment, because the guardian support would to nothing to really help that thief. Another thief so that they make a 2 people burst commando, now thats another thing.

The support abilities in this game are basically crap. What you call teamplay is a bunch of people having the same goal, but everyone is doing his own business for this goal. Then add some team-tactics like you go there, you hold this point etc, and there you go… teamplay? Sorry that’s not teamplay in from my point of view.

in PvP

milo.6942

What you call teamplay is a bunch of people having the same goal, but everyone is doing his own business for this goal. Then add some team-tactics like you go there, you hold this point etc, and there you go… teamplay? Sorry that’s not teamplay in from my point of view.

If that’s the best strategy you can muster I don’t think it’s the game’s fault.

As to your other complaints of there not being good enough support and there being too much damage I suppose you could continue to carry on believing we should have monks again like in gw1, but I think the developers are taking the game in a different direction.

in PvP

Varonth.5830

What you call teamplay is a bunch of people having the same goal, but everyone is doing his own business for this goal. Then add some team-tactics like you go there, you hold this point etc, and there you go… teamplay? Sorry that’s not teamplay in from my point of view.

If that’s the best strategy you can muster I don’t think it’s the game’s fault.

As to your other complaints of there not being good enough support and there being too much damage I suppose you could continue to carry on believing we should have monks again like in gw1, but I think the developers are taking the game in a different direction.

There was alot of non-monk support in GW1.
Ressource Denial Mesmers, Interrupt Mesmers, Support Ele, Support Necro, Paragon and Ritualist, Crippling Rangers… just to name a few.
Alot of that support was also offensive orientated, because it was often better to take someone specific to support offensive, instead of taking another offensive player.

Thats also the reason why I like to watch GW1 matches. Often you thing, oh that person is screwed, just to have someone from his team jump in, and save the day.