Why is "deflecting shot" unblockable?

in PvP

Posted by: IsilZha.3608

IsilZha.3608

Was this intentionally lacking in detail and just outright wrong? I’ve never noticed deflecting shot to be unblockable. You’ll have to provide more detail or definitively show that it can’t be blocked. (Which I do agree should be blockable.)

GS pull has always been blockable. If you were already tagged with it, you missed your block. Stability or breaking tether range are counters for it at that point. IE: pay attention.

“To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Was this intentionally lacking in detail and just outright wrong? I’ve never noticed deflecting shot to be unblockable. You’ll have to provide more detail or definitively show that it can’t be blocked. (Which I do agree should be blockable.)

GS pull has always been blockable. If you were already tagged with it, you missed your block. Stability or breaking tether range are counters for it at that point. IE: pay attention.

If OP is right its probably the trait not the skill.

Vipassana

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

there seems to be more and more unblockable skills which is super lame

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Deflecting shot is not unblockable.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

can confirm that it’s unblockable. and pretty annoying.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I can also confirm that the skill is unblockable.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Anet “fixes ability description to unlockable” xD

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Well f3 still says that it olny block projectiles in front so.. A lot of dh tooltips are wrong or uncompleted.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

True shot is also bugged, aiming shots at legs instead at chest.

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

in PvP

Posted by: Suns Dusk.7201

Suns Dusk.7201

Why is insert skill unblockable?

BabyRage

in PvP

IsilZha.3608

Why is insert skill unblockable?

BabyRage

Maby take a look at the skill/tooltip and what it does before you reply with nonsense like this. all you do is protecting your class (thats what most does with these kind of replies like, DH is “OK” L2p! noob..) i get it ofc you dont want any nerfs or whatever, but atleast try to dive into the topic, look up and make sure you know what you talk about before commenting with these braindead replies trying to bent the subject.

Ironic considering when I asked you to actually provide proof that clearly shows it can’t be blocked (which now that I think about it could be a property of it being piercing,) you just repeated “it’s unblockable” with no proof whatsoever. Just typing any thing you want into the post box doesn’t magically make it true. Maybe you should do proper research and get proof for the claim you’re making before diving into a topic just expecting everyone to believe you with a lazy, brain dead statement. Everyone has literally zero reason to believe you at this point.

in PvP

IsilZha.3608

Lazy brain dead statement? wut? i DID tested it on DH with a warrior.
And it IS unblockable. i just didnt have the tooling to provide a video about it, and if you dont believe me you can Always test it yourself before calling me a liar.

And if you guys dont believe me i will try to make a vid about it if your really dont believe me, stop calling me a liar or a lazy l2p noob or whatever.
What is wrong with this community twisted minds… you really defend a reply like that dude “Suns dusk” wow! gg man! so much! you 2 are lazy! not me

Until you provide proof, I have zero reason to believe you whatsoever. It’s your job to prove your own claims, I’m not doing it for you. I have no reason to believe whatever random things you type into a post box. Just like you claim you’re not lazy, you being too lazy to actually get any kind of proof at all for your claims and trying to make others do it for you says otherwise.

Of course, you also thought that the GS #5 was unblockable. It’s not (the pull after you already got hit and missed the chance to block it, is. Not sure why you think you should be able to lag block something you were already hit with.) It should also be noted that Deflecting shot is a slow moving skill-shot that can be easily avoided without any abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Suns Dusk.7201

Suns Dusk.7201

The skill has been unblockable throughout the beta events, and that hasn’t been changed, despite the skill itself receiving numerous other changes. If you had chosen to delve a little deeper into this yourself, you might’ve realised that maybe this could be a tooltip error as well.

Now do I think it should be blockable? Not really. But it’s by no means the only skill in the game which is unblockable for seemingly no reason at all, and it’s not the strongest unblockable skill either. What you should’ve done, is report this as a bug (whether it’s an actual bug or just a tooltip error) instead of making a QQ thread on the forums.

in PvP

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

The guardian elite specialization need a BIG nerf overall. An immortal tank full of boons, spamming cc and extreme condition damage, plus can even stealth, with rune of trapper. In my opinion it’s a joke. Fortunately I play necro, so I can transfer conditions back to guardian, at least.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

idk against which kind of random build you played.. but that’s not the dh build people are complaining about.

on topic, there is basically 0 reason why deflecting shot should be unblockable as no projectiles in this game act as a block.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Lala

Can i get my cookie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeewXB-zdqc

idk against which kind of random build you played.. but that’s not the dh build people are complaining about.

on topic, there is basically 0 reason why deflecting shot should be unblockable as no projectiles in this game act as a block.

Cus reflect.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

The guardian elite specialization need a BIG nerf overall. An immortal tank full of boons, spamming cc and extreme condition damage, plus can even stealth, with rune of trapper. In my opinion it’s a joke. Fortunately I play necro, so I can transfer conditions back to guardian, at least.

Necro talking about nerfs, go look at your reaper what it can do.

in PvP

NeHoMaR.9812

not the dh build people are complaining about.

It’s an overall problem in Guardian elite specialization, not just one skill and/or trait, it need to be revised fully, aka nerfed.

in PvP

NeHoMaR.9812

Necro talking about nerfs, go look at your reaper what it can do.

I play core necro. I dont even have HoT yet.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

The skill is probably unblockable so it can’t be reflected.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Uhm yeah thats what i am saying :-) but the whole topic was made because the tooltip does not say it is unblockable, and it would be on the strong/OP side if it would be intended.. (blind + destroy projectiles + unblockable (+that can trigger the knockback trait)) on a very short cooldown means it will counter allot with the already decent amount of unblockable skills DH/Guardian have

if this skill, test of faith (trap), and the burning from torch (fireball itslef is blocked) are unblockable what other unblockable skills does DH/guard have? i don’t think its decent #, i would even say guard has some of the fewest unblockable skills

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Kind of makes me wonder why block even exists anymore, why do none of these skills bypass evade then? Like really, wells n such I can understand no being blockable, as they basically hit you from below, but the thief pistol ability and apparently this, projectiles, that not only bypass but can break the block…

in PvP

Posted by: GSiege.3076

GSiege.3076

We’ve done it boys, we’re back to the old gerdian 6/6/6/6/6 build, or should I say, 6/6/6/6/6/6

Uhm yeah thats what i am saying :-) but the whole topic was made because the tooltip does not say it is unblockable, and it would be on the strong/OP side if it would be intended.. (blind + destroy projectiles + unblockable (+that can trigger the knockback trait)) on a very short cooldown means it will counter allot with the already decent amount of unblockable skills DH/Guardian have

And if you’re not using heavy light and if the skill was blockable then it be a slow projectile on a 10s cooldown that has to be aimed and does meager base damage just so you can get a blind and hope it doesn’t get reflected, and maybe once or twice a game use it to actually destroy a projectile. Heavy light is the problem, not deflecting shot.

This.

(edited by GSiege.3076)

in PvP

IsilZha.3608

Yes. This was all I asked for.

Since then I have noticed it myself, now. Not sure what the intended functionality is – for now, I won’t be surprised if it becomes blockable.

in PvP

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Could be a tech issue. Maybe the code can’t handle reflecting a projectile that does what Deflecting Shot does.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court