Why is it 5 points for a kill?

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

Why isn’t it 15 points for a kill or something? I don’t get why actually player vs playering in pvp is not rewarded?

15 points for a kill then maybe less bunkers/more fun games. More reward for combat which is what most players find fun in pvp.

Then you still have the conquest game mode to support some structure to the fighting.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

It would make everything so much better but you know what ArenaNet are like…

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

technically speaking the game is still death match with 3 capture points for bonus score.
your team still wins with 500 team score if you can kill them 100 times.

a full team wipe gives 25 team score.
20 full team wipes gives 500 team score.

say it takes at most 20 seconds for them to revive, that would be 400 seconds or close to 7 minutes. but can you team wipe them every 20 seconds?

if your team wiped out their whole team at start, captured all the points, then spawn camp both entrance, killing them as they attempt to exit, the game will be over very quickly. i experienced it before.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Well one concern is that, by making deaths worth more for the other team, everyone will bunker-up and turtle-down, resulting in even worse fights.

One option that was suggested was allowing custom arena owners to control this parameter so as to test it. I believe this is something that will happen when they are ready for it.

Perhaps there are other creative options that play into the conquest game-mode, where more points are awarded each time you kill someone for each capture-area you control, but points don’t tick each second. The only problem then is that there might be no pressure to assault an uncontrolled point.

Here is an idea I just had:
While standing on a point (perhaps bigger than currently), capture progress ticks just as it currently does. However, when the bar is filled, you are awarded 10 points (or the other team loses 1 respawn) and the capture point goes back to neutral. The point only ticks while you are the only one standing on it, ticks down when your enemy only is standing on it, and stays neutral like currently. Kills also add 10 points (or enemy loses 1 respawn). Just a thought, and perhaps such a mode can emphasize combat more than rotation, as current conquest does.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Here is an idea I just had:
While standing on a point (perhaps bigger than currently), capture progress ticks just as it currently does. However, when the bar is filled, you are awarded 10 points (or the other team loses 1 respawn) and the capture point goes back to neutral. The point only ticks while you are the only one standing on it, ticks down when your enemy only is standing on it, and stays neutral like currently. Kills also add 10 points (or enemy loses 1 respawn). Just a thought, and perhaps such a mode can emphasize combat more than rotation, as current conquest does.

sounds like an idea for a new game mode!

in PvP

Posted by: Paddy.3985

Paddy.3985

Just need to get rid of conquest and make DM, LTS, maybe CTF. conquest is the most fail mode ever made and the fact that it is the only mode makes this games pvp terrible.

imo of course.

in PvP

Posted by: tuman.6593

tuman.6593

Coz this game mod is not about killing but about capturing the points and map mechanics. Other modes – other rules… But wait… We have only conquest mod

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

i’m lv 50 in WS. i have been playing a bunch of Rated pvps.

all in there are bunkers with a bunch of healers out tank out heal.

i would say the game we have here is most balance, enjoyable …

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

I think its a great idea. But I think increasing it to 10 points a kill would be a safe level.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I think its a great idea. But I think increasing it to 10 points a kill would be a safe level.

Ye that is fair.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.