Why is it always the thief

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

That tends to rage in matches and goes AFK.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

From my experience it’s usually a necro or mesmer and occasionally a guardian. Though yeah all classes do it. Usually the thief does a lot like decapping and roaming but somehow gets blamed for losing even though those very people would run and die 3v1 or 3v2 at mid.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I have never seen a thief rage quit, I have seen every other class harass thief players before matches even start and during the match

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The only place thieves truly QQ is on the forums.

“Most nerfed ever, for all time.” ~Thieves
“Most underpowered class 2016.” ~Thieves
“Least build variety, only one role.” ~Thieves
“No sustain. Made of paper!” ~Thieves
“Lamest elite spec HoT 2016. Sold us an old trait line!” ~Thieves
“Out of the meta for three months. THREE MONTHS!” ~Thieves
“We’re the stealth class. Everybody has our mechanic! Engies better stealthies than us!” ~Thieves
“Stealth is NOT op!” ~Thieves

In game ragers transcend class. They’re angry before they log in.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Well i main thief, i never afk (unless i dc obviously). When i played other classes i never had thieves afk either so idk. From my experience usually FOTM rerollers afk a lot.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

I afk’d if we were at 100-150 point deficit and/or no one communicated when it was required. Just made sense, why waste time on a loss.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I think I’ve seen the most necros rage, followed by guardians, thieves and rangers (who often say nothing, but stop leaving spawn).

Playing a thief is tough when your team and you can’t sink up well. A well played thief with teamates that know how to play with one can be very dangerous, but comp plays a big role. I think in the current pvp, there are some comps that if played well, they make bringing a thief useless. (However, I’ve heard there are some applicable builds for those who switch it up using venoms during those matchups)

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

From my experience, most thieves i met were decent people. People are quick to blame the thief when something goes wrong, but i find they have a better team spirit than most pvp heroes out there. Anyway, apart from a notorious necro, most afkers i met were warriors, back in the days.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

I afk’d if we were at 100-150 point deficit and/or no one communicated when it was required. Just made sense, why waste time on a loss.

Thats exactly the thing most bad players say atleast you arent doin it while you are winning but really dude grow a spine you win some you lose some but you afking cus a loss doesnt only affect you but mostly other players playing experience and you deserve any kind of kitten you get for afk ing

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Usually the thief does a lot like decapping and roaming but somehow gets blamed for losing even though those very people would run and die 3v1 or 3v2 at mid.

I think this is a part of it. Thieves tend to go far and run around. Leaving their team -1. When their team wipes, they rage thinking that they were playing fine and the rest of the team sucks. Even if they win far, that doesn’t necessarily mean that they should have gone there.

Decapping and roaming give bad players an inflated perception of their performance in a game.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Usually the thief does a lot like decapping and roaming but somehow gets blamed for losing even though those very people would run and die 3v1 or 3v2 at mid.

I think this is a part of it. Thieves tend to go far and run around. Leaving their team -1. When their team wipes, they rage thinking that they were playing fine and the rest of the team sucks. Even if they win far, that doesn’t necessarily mean that they should have gone there.

Decapping and roaming give bad players an inflated perception of their performance in a game.

regardless wether thief is decapping or not players shouldn’t be running in 1v3 fights and i see it a lot actually…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

I would say necros are far more likely to rage than thieves in my soloq experience.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

Thats exactly the thing most bad players say atleast you arent doin it while you are winning but really dude grow a spine you win some you lose some but you afking cus a loss doesnt only affect you but mostly other players playing experience and you deserve any kind of kitten you get for afk ing

So, without any extra context you label me bad and human waste at the same time? Would you like to know which matches I afk’d? There were 4 total, I remember all of them and I believe anyone would agree they were incredibly lost matches. Or we can go with your presumption and attack that I’m just a bad, dumb player. I’m game for 3 infractions in 3 days. Moderators been tailing me 24/7. Post in dawn of a new age got deleted, and one on the mesmer forums. Lets have an unruly debate >:D BRING IT SON.

Your words not mine and btw i have been followed around by mods as well shame you cant talk about misconduct on this forum cus they dont like transparancy

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in PvP

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Maybe I’ve been lucky or maybe I just don’t play enough. I made it 3/4’s through ruby and just gave up lol. BUT, I never had anyone quit the game in progress.

Now as far as raging classes that talk to much junk, Dragonhunters, yes, Guardians, your lot takes the kitteng cake! Calm down Guards, you don’t know everything and you play a potato.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in PvP

Posted by: EPYON.2731

EPYON.2731

When my team have thief or warrior and then somebodys always say like "Do you have ele or mes? "or"Rev will eat you!!"or"You can’t do anything guy!!".

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

When my team have thief or warrior and then somebodys always say like "Do you have ele or mes? "or"Rev will eat you!!"or"You can’t do anything guy!!".

Oh man, I couldn’t even begin to count how many Rev’s I destroyed this season on Berserker XD.

I do remember this one special condi Rev who was crawling all over my kitten this one match, and the sweetness of outplaying and kicking his kitten for the trouble XD

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

I have yet to see a thief rage quit. Have been the thief to argue with someone else who refuses to quit harassing me though but that’s a different story.

As for when a thief goes to decap, if it is smart thief he will do it when his team can hold themselves or he will go when they are ahead. In that scenario it doesn’t leave them -1 anywhere and is a good play. I will tell you now as a side note that decapping doesn’t make a thief feel like they are pro. Especially when they feel they have no sway in the match because they can’t influence fights unless their team is already in a decent spot.

I tend to see more of the druids, DH’s, and Reapers raging tbh. Most likely just the FOTM players as people who main those in pvp tend to be okay with a loss every now and again (guess FOTM get angry when they aren’t carried hard enough)

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!