Posted by: countytime.8134

countytime.8134

How is this even considered playable?

Why is it ok for eles to be unkillable?

in PvP

Posted by: dragonkain.3984

dragonkain.3984

Because this pvp community is weird and irrational xD

No other explanation rly on why everyone loves having an immortal class in their matches, which is also a free-win vs teams that dont have an ele (Only if ele has a brain obviously)

There was a thread like this before but they say stuff like he’s fine, he’s fine yet all I see in all legendary matches is that eles are left alone to do their own thing without interruptions because everyone knows that focusing them is a waste of time.

Heck, when I play NOBODY ever focuses this class, even if it’s 3vs1, people prefer to simply rotate to another node instead of wasting time on killing the godmode auramancers.

(edited by dragonkain.3984)

in PvP

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Even with a tanky build I would not say they are unkillable. They have a lot of options for survival because of their low HP. Still if the ele is tanky they do low damage no burst. The reason why its fine is because how many viable specs do elementalist have? Before tempest elementalist used a bunker spec. Now their are no tanky amulets so elemental still use a bunker spec. Stuns, poison, confusion or just focus fire if they are using the current ele meta build low hp, alot of boons/removal/healing.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

They aren’t unkillable.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I’m surprised OP hasn’t been infracted/ banned for spamming these posts every other day

in PvP

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I would say Guardians are unkillable, because everytime I get near one, my HP drops to 25% because of traps. For Eles, just make sure you bring a lot of Conditions. They wear down because they have limited mass condi cleanse. Interrupt their heals, and they die.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I would say Guardians are unkillable, because everytime I get near one, my HP drops to 25% because of traps. For Eles, just make sure you bring a lot of Conditions. They wear down because they have limited mass condi cleanse. Interrupt their heals, and they die.

I’ve seen tank eles — in particular staff tanks, survive heavy condi. A good ele tank build is impossible to kill unless you have at least 3 people who can spam cc.

Guardians are obnoxious to kill, but so are engineers. It’s just a matter of catching them off guard or focusing. Stability really helps against Dragonhunter blenders.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Meh thieves make quick work of eles especially S/D thieves hardly unkillable

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

….because not Ranger or Mesmer! Amirite!? I am right.

I mean c’mon, S1 Ranger and Mesmer were more fun to fight. At least they could kill you. This thing just floats around, soaks up damage, and hits you in the head with lightning bolts over…and over….and over again.

Booooring.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Meh thieves make quick work of eles especially S/D thieves hardly unkillable

Stuns/cc’s and burst. Best way to kill an ele. I think because there are so many sustain/tanky builds that some ppl have trouble killing an ele 1v1, but the ele most likely wont be able to kill them either.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

How about we pose the counter question of why is it ok for every other class to be unkillable for eles?

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

This is like OP’s 5th or 6th thread about the SAME topic…dunno why you guys keep on feeding him.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

He plays scrapper and is upset that the crazy Scrapper sustain was shaved

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

He plays scrapper and is upset that the crazy Scrapper sustain was shaved

I had the misfortune of playing in his team as soloQ’ing the day before yesterday and he was on his thief. In the forest map, the mid area is smaller than legacy map and the only thing he was doing was running into mid and sacrificing himself in the AoE spam until he ragequit.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

…… Yeah I have only seen him on the forums and besides these posts his other big one was complaining about scrapers being nerfed to oblivion

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

OP obviously never played a necro….if anything necro’s boon corruption should be toned down. Try something similar to this if you want to destroy ele’s sustain http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Necromancer_-_Vanilla_Condi_Necro or just use 1 of those heavy cc builds that everyone is running around with since most ele’s don’t bring much stability.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I have not as of yet met a unkillable Ele in season 3. As soon as I see the other team has one or more Eles I just switch to my good ole Reaper, Majestic Angel Vess, and laugh at the Ele’s efforts at that point.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

They are more than killable. It’s called Signet Necro.

This op is the perfect example of why anet will never officially support dueling. Because there will be people who think they can hope on one class with one specific build and win all.

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

Interupt their abilities, poison them, stun them. There are a lot of ways to take them down easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Because this pvp community is weird and irrational xD

No other explanation rly on why everyone loves having an immortal class in their matches, which is also a free-win vs teams that dont have an ele (Only if ele has a brain obviously)

There was a thread like this before but they say stuff like he’s fine, he’s fine yet all I see in all legendary matches is that eles are left alone to do their own thing without interruptions because everyone knows that focusing them is a waste of time.

Heck, when I play NOBODY ever focuses this class, even if it’s 3vs1, people prefer to simply rotate to another node instead of wasting time on killing the godmode auramancers.

Got to agree. Teams that decide to focus the ele generally seem lose because it takes too long to kill.

Now on the forums and sometimes in game I hear people say how easy it is to kill- “just interrupt, poison, stun” (they forget about stability/condi clear/stun break/reflect/protection?), but in practice nearly every time a team does the focus ele thing its a futile task that ends in losing a team fight.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Problems of amber and emerald division are not problems of rest of divisions.

You can’t kill ele auramancer? Maybe because:

1. You try to kill him with other bunker build on his point
2. You don’t +1 him with dps build like thief
3. You don’t try to out rotate him if he’s afk on mid.
4. You don’t know that ele is pure support build , not tank and he can’t tank 1v1 some classes in good hands like rev, mes, thief.
5. You don’t know how to use your build – one moa can kill ele if used with coordinated team.
6. You never played ele and you just don’t know what are talking about.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Yasha.5963

4. You don’t know that ele is pure support build , not tank and he can’t tank 1v1 some classes in good hands like rev, mes, thief.
5. You don’t know how to use your build – one moa can kill ele if used with coordinated team.

I can’t remember what it was like in amber, but in ruby nearly every team seems to have problems killing an ele, much better to just try and ignore it and kill other classes. Again a lot of forum talk about how easy it is to kill ele, but I see very little happening in game.

in PvP

Sooloo.1364

I can’t remember what it was like in amber, but in ruby nearly every team seems to have problems killing an ele, much better to just try and ignore it and kill other classes. Again a lot of forum talk about how easy it is to kill ele, but I see very little happening in game.

A good ele is not easy to kill, that is true. But if your group won’t focus, if your group isn’t equipped or prepared you can’t blame the ele. The mechanics exist to dispatch an ele, thieves can drop them in 5sec.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I playele. and sometimes its hard to get me, but a good thief striking at the wrong moment or a mesmer can make it quite quick. If you try to duel me with scrapper, guard or even revenant you made a bad choice …. An in a teamfight if you have necro focus me. A booncurrupt and burst combo sends me fleeing or dead …

in PvP

Yasha.5963

A good ele is not easy to kill, that is true. But if your group won’t focus, if your group isn’t equipped or prepared you can’t blame the ele. The mechanics exist to dispatch an ele, thieves can drop them in 5sec.

A thief won’t drop a bunker ele in 5sec unless the ele is afk (they probably do afk sometimes since people tend to run past them without fighting since its such a waste of time).

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

We are talking about good thiefs guys, who roam and +1 people.

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Yasha.5963

Sure if the ele is almost dead and a thief pops up with its cooldowns up then its a possibility.

in PvP

Sooloo.1364

Sure if the ele is almost dead and a thief pops up with its cooldowns up then its a possibility.

You must encounter some beastly eles. Can you send me the name of the next one you see, I wanna group with him.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

in my modest opinion the isue on eles are the way healing works in the game, they are big healing suport and bunkers at the same time, this is the problem, in an ideal way if they are heavy suporting they had to be fragile and get protected by team, and if they are selfhealing to bunker they cant heavy suport

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Eles are just right. You need to rotate wisely to perform bursts of healing.
In my book, the only thing that is too much for them is that they heal everyone at once for a lot of health points, which is not OK.
Ele is basically a walking signet of courage active spell on a lower cooldown.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: McMarc.1276

McMarc.1276

An ele CAN be killed in a 1v1 with nearly every class that is specced to do damage. If you time your attacks right, interrupt the overloads/healshout and just dont be an idiot fireing your stuff into reflects its actually doable. Its very easy to solo an ele as a condition warrior for example. also as thief, necro or revenant its doable as long as you know how to use your own skills and cc at the right time.

Cant kill an ele in a 1v1? —> call a teammmate
… no teammate around?-→ leave and outplay the enemy team 5v4
You die against an ele in a 1v1? ……. better uninstall gw2 :b

Its all just a matter of intelligence and match awareness.

The only thing that though that IS INDEED problematic with the ele is not its survivability (which other tanks also have btw, look at tank guard etc.) it is the ammount of healing and support it offers while beeing that tanky.

Marc Geht Steil / Honorable Marc / Mc Marc
Just call me Marc :3
Gatekeepers Of Desolation [GoD]

in PvP

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I can ensure you, ele can be killed given I been having a losing streak as en ele.

Mesmer interuption is a good way to screwed an ele over.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

not sure what eles you are playing against, but about every match I’m involved in where only one team has an ele, the team with the ele loses. They are easy to out rotate and aren’t that hard to kill. Maybe it is because all the good ones aren’t in ruby/diamond anymore, but I see them more as a liability. Half the time they just end up afking home because they melt in a team fight. sure if the other team tries to kill them at home they are wasting a bunch of time, but most teams ignore them unless they can throw a couple of people at them.

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

It isn’t ok but this game is so bad that the community has had no choice but to adapt itself to poor gameplay and accept it as the norm.

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

you don’t even need a coordinated team for this, moa+ condi’s and the ele will die fast… they have such a small health pool that a condi engi can do this 1v1 against an ele in under 5 seconds if they don’t dodge the moa

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

You die against an ele in a 1v1? ……. better uninstall gw2 :b

Some many bad thiefs and revs died to my soft long asura… cleric Lightning Whip…

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: dragonkain.3984

dragonkain.3984

People here talk as if ele doesn’t have the most imbalanced downed state ability called mist form… xD

Yeah, you kill ele using over 9000 cooldowns that could’ve been spent more efficiently
>his teammates use stealth on his body
>he mist forms somewhere a mile away and gets ressed EACH TIME.

That’s what happens in reality, enjoy.

(edited by dragonkain.3984)

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

People here talk as if ele doesn’t have the most imbalanced downed state ability called mist form… xD

Yeah, you kill ele using over 9000 cooldowns that could’ve been spent more efficiently
>his teammates use stealth on his body
>he mist forms somewhere a mile away and gets ressed EACH TIME.

That’s what happens in reality, enjoy.

Condi still does damage in mist form…
Immobilize still keeps ele in one place in mist form…
If ele drops down from highs will insta die in mist form…so it’s a bad idea to use it on some maps…
Rev/and mes will catch up, drop some cc on ressing ppl and thief just insta stomp.

Maybe you should play with this op ele and check how op it is and enjoy it how SO MUCH HORRIBLY enjoys it much of ele’s community.

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Confirmed troll, stop feeding it!

Attachments:

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

If you think that they’re Unkillable Now you had to look at what they was in the past years with the Celestial Amulet and a tons of different OP builds that was discovered time by time. The last one with the Celestial Tempest: unkillable and with a insane dps in both direct and condition damage.

Now is a shadow of it was.
But still a powerfull shadow

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

unkillable? u should ask all if not most of ruby or lower eles? heck even legendary. if they get focused they die.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Yasha.5963

If you think that they’re Unkillable Now you had to look at what they was in the past years with the Celestial Amulet and a tons of different OP builds that was discovered time by time. The last one with the Celestial Tempest: unkillable and with a insane dps in both direct and condition damage.

This kittenes me off all the more, why is it that ever since about 6 months after launch eles have had these near immortal builds?

in PvP

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

This kittenes me off all the more, why is it that ever since about 6 months after launch eles have had these near immortal builds?

Let’s take a trip to the past.
1. Soldier/Cleric DD Bunker – Early stages of the game, people were bound to find good builds. Unkillable? Yes. It was a full bunker build that could only kill people who were stupid enough to stay. If you take a closer look as well, barely anyone used CCs and condis at that time. All cantrips being stun breaks were OP though.
2. S/x Ele – Became “viable” for a short amount of time but eventually died off because of thieves and shatter mesmers
3. Celestial/Runes of Stength DD – Celestial was not OP. It was the ability to get high dps by stacking might which comes natural for Ele.
4. Celestial Auramancer – Ok, you got this one right. It’s not that unkillable but it deals a hell of a lot of damage for a support.
5. Cleric Auramancer – Same like old DD Cleric/Soldier (Minus the Vit), Great sustain but can’t hurt a fly. Would be in some trouble if got +1’ed by non bunker builds.

The only near immortal build is the classic DD Soldier/Cleric Ele. But the main reason for that is that people barely knew how to play the game.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Ele is unkillable to condition heavy teams…. Power builds like Rev, Thief and Warrior can melt an Ele.

Maybe ask to have diamond skin completely removed next time?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Yasha.5963

1. Soldier/Cleric DD Bunker – Early stages of the game, people were bound to find good builds. Unkillable? Yes. It was a full bunker build that could only kill people who were stupid enough to stay. If you take a closer look as well, barely anyone used CCs and condis at that time. All cantrips being stun breaks were OP though.
2. S/x Ele – Became “viable” for a short amount of time but eventually died off because of thieves and shatter mesmers
3. Celestial/Runes of Stength DD – Celestial was not OP. It was the ability to get high dps by stacking might which comes natural for Ele.
4. Celestial Auramancer – Ok, you got this one right. It’s not that unkillable but it deals a hell of a lot of damage for a support.
5. Cleric Auramancer – Same like old DD Cleric/Soldier (Minus the Vit), Great sustain but can’t hurt a fly. Would be in some trouble if got +1’ed by non bunker builds.

The only near immortal build is the classic DD Soldier/Cleric Ele. But the main reason for that is that people barely knew how to play the game.

??? You just wrote that every meta ele build was OP, and then conclude that the initial meta build was the only problematic one.

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Because something always has to be broken.
This time it is immortal ele.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Because something always has to be broken.
This time it is immortal ele.

Well, part of it has to do with the fact that it’s not just the ele that becomes unkillable… their whole team gets part of the healing factor too. This makes the ele the group healer and tank. 2 parts of the holy trinity in one? That’s not good.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in PvP

Sooloo.1364

I think ele is pretty good as it is now, nerf it any further and all you’d have is a class that dies as soon as anyone looks at it.

Still havent found one I cant kill yet.

in PvP

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

??? You just wrote that every meta ele build was OP, and then conclude that the initial meta build was the only problematic one.

OP? Since when was S/X considered OP? I just listed why they were considered great, not why they were unkillable. If it’s too hard then let me restate it.

1. Classic DD -Pure bunker, no DPS. Wins outsustain Fights.
2. S/X near immortal? Oh please…
3. Celestial DD – Would people even play this if there was no might stacking meta? Without might stacks this thing is nothing but a weaker bunker compared to turret engis and spirit rangers in the old meta.
4. Celestial Auramancer – Tanky stuff buffed by HoT powercreep so it has dps.
5. Pure healer who still has counters

Summary – Celestial eles were played not because they were immortal but rather because they could fight back (might stacks and powercreep) and do more things other than bunkering cap points. Take that damage away and they’d be hardly played due to lack of stability as a bunker. Only exception is cleric auramancer because they support too hard and I won’t be surprised to see them nerfed.

in PvP

Posted by: firelink.6329

firelink.6329

As long as you focus, anything is killable. I usually call target on the Ele and turn them into a Moa. Unless my group dies quickly, the Ele usually goes down.