Why is it ok for eles to be unkillable?

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Because something always has to be broken.
This time it is immortal ele.

There has to be something better than Scrapper right?

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Your still feeding troll guys…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Unterkiefer.8372

Unterkiefer.8372

Whiped the dust of my ele.
took some random stats/weapons/runes/sigills/traits/utilities
went into a ranked match
ran mid
Wrote “Leeroy Jenkins”
got killed

You lied to me

Lem Semmel [SF]

Sorry for shattering your illusions

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Ele is killable. It still needs to be nerfed.
A conquest map with an ele is stupid. With two ele it’s not even pvp anymore.

The healing from ele to npc needs to be fixed. An ele shouldn’t be able to keep the door breakers or champion healed against two defenders and it shouldn’t be easier when a second ele comes into play.
It’s just cheesy gameplay.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: Sheltron.2190

Sheltron.2190

Even with a tanky build I would not say they are unkillable. They have a lot of options for survival because of their low HP. Still if the ele is tanky they do low damage no burst. The reason why its fine is because how many viable specs do elementalist have? Before tempest elementalist used a bunker spec. Now their are no tanky amulets so elemental still use a bunker spec. Stuns, poison, confusion or just focus fire if they are using the current ele meta build low hp, alot of boons/removal/healing.

I agree, eles, are easy to kill once you pin them in cc (ie hammer rotation on warrior). It is all about timing. And in eles defense they are harder to master than some other classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I have to say, I’ve had a lot of trouble trying to kill Eles, but I played my own Ele long enough to get my needed 10 wins off her, and while they can be tough, they are quite tricky to play well enough to be immortal. I mean, I was doing ok, but nowhere near completely immortal, especially when left alone. I was much harder to deal with when I had back-up though.

I had fun in a match though when I was playing Dragon Hunter and the other guy an Ele, I had Mine capped and was guarding it, and an Ele came up trying to contest it. We just dueled for about a minute or two, and neither of us were making any progress, so he said we might as well go AFK and he just wandered off.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

How is this even considered playable?

Problems of amber and emerald division are not problems of rest of divisions.

You can’t kill ele auramancer? Maybe because:

1. You try to kill him with other bunker build on his point
2. You don’t +1 him with dps build like thief
3. You don’t try to out rotate him if he’s afk on mid.
4. You don’t know that ele is pure support build , not tank and he can’t tank 1v1 some classes in good hands like rev, mes, thief.
5. You don’t know how to use your build – one moa can kill ele if used with coordinated team.
6. You never played ele and you just don’t know what are talking about.

Ok, new to this argument but I’m seeing a problem here.
“Oh, you can’t kill ele? Here, try these 6 things, 4 of which include “use an entire coordinated team to kill him, but only if you happen to have the perfect mix of classes” and the other two consist of “fight around him, he’s unkillable but won’t do much by himself”.

If one class is SO OVERWHELMINGLY POWERFUL that the best advice is “2v1/3v1 him” and thus implying it takes multiple people doing everything just right to kill a single elementalist, then perhaps the elementalist is too powerful?

Right now, literally no class can reliably 1v1 an ele, assuming both players are equally skilled. They can fight to a draw, maybe chase the ele off a point, but not outright kill him. And the only one that even comes close is signet necro. Yes, you get a better necro against a worse ele, necro’s gonna win. A good player can kill a bad player (reliably) regardless of classes involved.

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

If one class is SO OVERWHELMINGLY POWERFUL that the best advice is “2v1/3v1 him” and thus implying it takes multiple people doing everything just right to kill a single elementalist, then perhaps the elementalist is too powerful?

I agree and disagree, I think that If you build yourself to have pretty much no damage, then it’s ok for you to be nigh indestructible. I think there is a valid place for hardcore tanks.

I do think that there are two issues here for the game as a whole though.

1. Aura eles are solid healer/support as well as bunkers, meaning that not only are they immortal, but they make their team mates less mortal, meaning in 2v2, and even 3v3 situations they are a serious force multiplier, since they provide significant advantage to the others, and in less than 4v4 situations you likely won’t have the DPS to drop them.

2. This is a game of “capture and hold,” so immortal characters can make it impossible to retake their point.

The solution to 1. would be to make the “self immortality” elements of the Ele builds conflict with their team support options, so that the more effects they can pump outwards, the more personal vulnerability they’d need to accept.

The solution to 2. would help with all bunkers, and that would be to give players better options to overturn points than just killing all opposing players in the ring. Things like Tranquility, but on a smaller scale, that would allow you to decap held points without killing the guy on it. Also perhaps making it so that an Ele’s immortality rotations would involve more abilities that make them unable to hold points, so that they can either stay alive in a 2v1 situation, or they can keep hold of the point, but they can’t do both at once and if you wear them down while staying on point then you’ll gradually steal it away from them.

A bunker should have the ability to make it difficult to retake a point, but not impossible, and you shouldn’t have to kill them to take the point back.

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

rather than fearing their immortality would it not be easier to cc/ burst their 13k health?

Would be great to have other viable builds though, sceptre needs the love for e.g.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

you shouldn’t have to kill them to take the point back.

Have you heard about knockbacks? Legend says they are very effective against auramancer and druids.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

Have you heard about knockbacks? Legend says they are very effective against auramancer and druids.

Ehhhh, I’ve been batted around quite a bit myself, but the thing is that most classes don’t have a ton of reliable knockback/pull abilities, you have to get them fairly well clear of the circle for it to matter, and if they use stability, block, evade, etc. to avoid your attack, you aren’t likely to be able to pile up enough of it to matter much. I mean, it’s possible to use it to decap and maybe eventually retake a point, but it’s way more work that should be necessary for a balanced build. I don’t think the current options to push Eles around are sufficient counter to their potential immortality. If they’re a good enough player to be immortal, they’re a good enough player to handle your shoving matches.

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

There really isn’t any point in arguing against things that are out of your control. You have 3 options here, 1: make a build capable of shutting down an ele, 2: run around the ele and outcap the enemy, 3: continue as you are.

in PvP

Lucred.1802

rather than fearing their immortality would it not be easier to cc/ burst their 13k health?

Would be great to have other viable builds though, sceptre needs the love for e.g.

Try 25k health, every ele I’ve seen is running a combination of Cleric runes and either carrion or mercenary amulet.

And with nearly permanent self protection and the ability to almost instantly and repeatedly cleanse all conditions, it pretty much takes 2 rogues getting the jump on one simultaneously to even get one under half (then they pop all their immunities and either run away or kite until a teammate gets there).

I think it’s ridiculous that a light armor wearer has more health and armor than a super tanky (designed) heavy armor character like a warr/rev/guard while also having twice the defensive cooldowns and still okay damage that’s also untargeted aoe.

As to the argument of “well if they bunker they can’t kill anything”. That’s wrong. They can easily kill pretty much anything that isn’t a shield herald or berserker, just takes them more than 10 seconds. Yes, when you get to higher levels of PVP skill (high diamond/legendary) it comes down more to player skill than build/class, but it flat-out takes less skill to play an ele well than it does any other class.

in PvP

Lucred.1802

Have you heard about stability? Or the fact that an ele has basically permanently 3 stacks of it?

There aren’t many builds that have 3 knockbacks or pulls on short enough cooldowns to work, and at least 2 of those builds are extremely sub-par for PVP.

So once again, we’re back to the 2v1 or even 3v1 to even have a chance of decapping a point from an auramancer. And that’s 2-3 GOOD players versus 1 decent/mediocre ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Have you heard about stability? Or the fact that an ele has basically permanently 3 stacks of it?

There aren’t many builds that have 3 knockbacks or pulls on short enough cooldowns to work, and at least 2 of those builds are extremely sub-par for PVP.

So once again, we’re back to the 2v1 or even 3v1 to even have a chance of decapping a point from an auramancer. And that’s 2-3 GOOD players versus 1 decent/mediocre ele.

Meta Auramancer have no access to stability outside of earth overload and it only lasts during the overload.
I suggest playing one before complaining.
CC them right after they swapped attunements for maximum efficiency.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

What build are you talking about? Cos it clearly isn’t the meta D/F Auramancer.

in PvP

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

This Lucred guy clearly know what he’s talking about.
I mean… Permanent 3 stacks of stability, using carrion or mercenary amulet, permanent protection, cleanse “all” conditions and still outDPS every character he has ever played at the same time. That’s just like elementalist alright.

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Those posts by lucred have to be trolling. If they’re not, please direct me to where I can see this 25k go, perma stab, Merc ammy with cleric runes and still cleanses everything build in action, because it sounds like fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Me too, please give me this build you speak of because the metabattles ele build doesn’t work for me very well, I tend to die very easily with it. Heck if you have a build that really does all that and I try it and it works I’ll even pay you for it.

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

As near as I can tell, the problem is that none of the Ele builds are “easy.” Based on being on the receiving end, they can be kitten ed near impossible to drop with less than a full, focused team, but I believe this requires an understanding of their options and using them with solid timing. My experience playing as an Ele was not nearly as successful as the ones I’ve faced, which could be that I’m just horrible as an Ele, but I think it’s just harder than it looks to chain their options together efficiently, since they do have almost twice as many options available as most other classes, and only a few of them will be what you need at a specific moment to survive. But if you do know those abilities and how to use them, yeah, hard to drop.

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

As near as I can tell, the problem is that none of the Ele builds are “easy.” Based on being on the receiving end, they can be kitten ed near impossible to drop with less than a full, focused team, but I believe this requires an understanding of their options and using them with solid timing. My experience playing as an Ele was not nearly as successful as the ones I’ve faced, which could be that I’m just horrible as an Ele, but I think it’s just harder than it looks to chain their options together efficiently, since they do have almost twice as many options available as most other classes, and only a few of them will be what you need at a specific moment to survive. But if you do know those abilities and how to use them, yeah, hard to drop.

Very true, meaning that the hard to kill eles are more skillful rather than having a too powerful build. I’ve played ele and I have never been close to immortal.

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

I rarely play ele, because it is broken and boring, but when i do, i use this build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYn0XCFOgVYCOYCcYilHAb4EkC6guT2L7nVIAcAahA-TJBGABA8AAyvMQQ7Pc+JAAA
Tons of sustain, average damage (air attunement, CC), lots of stability (earth attunement), lots of condition negate (water attunement, shouts), can heal other allies for days if i don’t get focused, lots of CC.
Usually manage to hold point as much as needed when fighting 2v4. If enemies don’t have herald, druid or other ele, i usually can safely go 1v2 and kill those 2.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I like that you play D/D with menders. But a good thief or a single necro will rip you apart.
I also guess that engi and herald kills you. Not shure if you can kill mesmer faster then he can confuse you dead.
Basicaly i made the experience that you either run toughness or stone heart. Otherwise you get blasted by most power builds. If you don´t trait water your teamsupport suffers + necros and mesmers tear you appart.

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

That build is almost the same as the meta build only yours has less sustain and more damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

How is this even considered playable?

Problems of amber and emerald division are not problems of rest of divisions.

You can’t kill ele auramancer? Maybe because:

1. You try to kill him with other bunker build on his point
2. You don’t +1 him with dps build like thief
3. You don’t try to out rotate him if he’s afk on mid.
4. You don’t know that ele is pure support build , not tank and he can’t tank 1v1 some classes in good hands like rev, mes, thief.
5. You don’t know how to use your build – one moa can kill ele if used with coordinated team.
6. You never played ele and you just don’t know what are talking about.

Ok, new to this argument but I’m seeing a problem here.
“Oh, you can’t kill ele? Here, try these 6 things, 4 of which include “use an entire coordinated team to kill him, but only if you happen to have the perfect mix of classes” and the other two consist of “fight around him, he’s unkillable but won’t do much by himself”.

Right now, literally no class can reliably 1v1 an ele, assuming both players are equally skilled. They can fight to a draw, maybe chase the ele off a point, but not outright kill him. And the only one that even comes close is signet necro. Yes, you get a better necro against a worse ele, necro’s gonna win. A good player can kill a bad player (reliably) regardless of classes involved.

I ll give you a hint sir – ever you heard about outnumbering? Nooo? So it’s most basic thing in game – you create 1v2,4v5 and any of such team fights to quickly stomp enemy players and snowball rest of the match. Ow…you thought this FPS game….

And Mesmer is perfectly legit to kill ele 1v1 if he can moa him in right moment between cooldown, pin down him with sword 3 and blast him to oblivion with shatters…Rev and Thief can do this too…it’s matter of skill.

Funny what people say about build that was made to only support other classes and can’t bunker most 1v2. And if ele try’s to bunker somewhere alone, whole team might die during team fight on other node because there was no heal to support classes that literally carry every game (rev,mes,thief sometimes engi and war…). That’s why rank 55 dragons lost their championship to TCG on last finals…but I know →nobody watches pro’s, there is nothing to learn from them.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

I am new playing ele – sometimes i am nearly unkillable, but when there is a good enemy, i am dead, really fast – luckily there aren’t as much good players

in PvP

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

They are the new condition cleanse focused version of a bunker guardian from way back. Very powerful in a team fight, good as a solo bunker and completely useless at anything else. They aren’t any more immortal than bunker guardians were, quite a bit less survivable if you ask me.
I still prefer to have one full mid bunker than a team of celestials or two bunker mesmers on every team.

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

Very true, meaning that the hard to kill eles are more skillful rather than having a too powerful build. I’ve played ele and I have never been close to immortal.

Well, but it is a balancing act. Just because it takes skill to max out your potential doesn’t mean that this high potential is not problematic. Every build has a curve to it, some builds are very easy to be decent at, but even the best players cannot be all that great with it because there’s just not potential there, while others can be dominant if you really know what you’re doing, but worthless if you don’t because their strength lies in complexity.

A class being harder to play well does not justify it being WAY stronger than other classes at their peak. A really skilled player ion class A should still be able to take down a really skilled player in class B, that second class should not become indestructible at high skill levels (although obviously the higher skilled player should be able to gain advantages for that skill).

I can’t say for certain, but my impression is that there do need to be some tweaks to make top-end Eles less effective, either easier to kill or easier to sideline from being effective at controlling a point. Ideally this would be done in a way that would not nerf low-skill Eles, since the Ele class is really tricky to use already.

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

The solution to 2. would help with all bunkers, and that would be to give players better options to overturn points than just killing all opposing players in the ring. Things like Tranquility, but on a smaller scale, that would allow you to decap held points without killing the guy on it. Also perhaps making it so that an Ele’s immortality rotations would involve more abilities that make them unable to hold points, so that they can either stay alive in a 2v1 situation, or they can keep hold of the point, but they can’t do both at once and if you wear them down while staying on point then you’ll gradually steal it away from them.

A bunker should have the ability to make it difficult to retake a point, but not impossible, and you shouldn’t have to kill them to take the point back.

A simple solution to both problems in conquest is to make points decap rate dependent on the number of players on a point. So if a tank is surviving 2v1, there’s still an extra man who’s decapping the point, and the tank ele would need backup to hold the point.

Only knockback skill that work consistently and reliably enough to keep people off a point long enough to decap?

Tornado. An elementalist skill. (Or engineer if they get lucky at the right time).

1: make a build capable of shutting down an ele, 2: run around the ele and outcap the enemy, 3: continue as you are.

1) People have tried. There’s no reliable way to bring an ele down with a single build. S/D Thieves and Corrupt necros usually can only succeed if they are outmanning the elementalist. The same cannot be said for other classes that tank, which you don’t usually need a hard counter to.
2) That works if the ele sits still and doesn’t move to the action, and your team has more mobility and better teamfight capability. In which case, you should be winning already.
3) You’re suggesting not to complain when we see something broken. If you don’t pipe up about a problem, nobody’s gonna fix it.

I ll give you a hint sir – ever you heard about outnumbering? Nooo? So it’s most basic thing in game – you create 1v2,4v5 and any of such team fights to quickly stomp enemy players and snowball rest of the match. Ow…you thought this FPS game….
And Mesmer is perfectly legit to kill ele 1v1 if he can moa him in right moment between cooldown, pin down him with sword 3 and blast him to oblivion with shatters…Rev and Thief can do this too…it’s matter of skill.

Have you played against a good tank ele?

We’ve been talking this whole time about outnumbering people. And even outnumbered a good tank ele can survive way longer than it seems it should. Does it take a lot of skill to do? Yes, nobody’s denying that. But it seems the potential is too high.

And your counters rely on perfect timing, when the conditions are just right. What if he popped invulnerability the second before moa or shatter, or popped a continuous condi cleanse when you try to immobilize him? Because on paper yours ideas work great. But the reality is so much more complicated than that.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

(edited by Vagrant.7206)

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I kill Diamond/Legendary Tempests every day…

If I kill the unkillable…what does that make me?

NSPride <3

in PvP

Lucred.1802

Those posts by lucred have to be trolling. If they’re not, please direct me to where I can see this 25k go, perma stab, Merc ammy with cleric runes and still cleanses everything build in action, because it sounds like fun.

I was a little high on my health estimate. With the current meta/rune of the grove/carrion amulet I’m sitting at 20,645 health. 2 stacks of stability swapping to earth attunement (7 seconds on effectively a 2 second cooldown), plus an additional 4 seconds of stability from Harmonious Conduit every overcharge. So basically 2 stacks of “permanent” stability. And auto cleanse every 10 seconds plus a cleanse every time I’m hit.

Seems pretty EZmode to me.

in PvP

Lucred.1802

And with how many other people on your side? 3v1/4v1 at diamond/legendary, yeah they’re gonna go down. At lower ranks maybe not. 2v1 happens occasionally. I’ve never seen anybody other than a thief 1v1 an even halfway decent tempest, and it doesn’t happen regularly because it requires an element of stealth (which, admittedly, the thief is built for but is still situational).

Assuming equal skills of all players involved no class should be able to consistently 2v1 any combination of other classes, and even a highly skilled player should not be able to 3v1/4v1 mediocre players of any other class combination reliably.

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

A simple solution to both problems in conquest is to make points decap rate dependent on the number of players on a point. So if a tank is surviving 2v1, there’s still an extra man who’s decapping the point, and the tank ele would need backup to hold the point.

Eh, that would be tricky to balance. I mean, I think there is a valid stalling tactic in one player holding out 1v3+ while the rest of the team gets there, if you could decap a point just by having more people on it then the entire game mode would be about roving zergs moving from point to point and forcibly decapping them. That’s what WvW is for.

You should be able to hold a point even 1v4, just not indefinitely. The problem isn’t that an ele can hold a point against being outnumbered, it’s that, played well, they can maintain this position pretty much the entire match until they get hugely outnumbered.

Gurren Lagaan?

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I would say Guardians are unkillable, because everytime I get near one, my HP drops to 25% because of traps. For Eles, just make sure you bring a lot of Conditions. They wear down because they have limited mass condi cleanse. Interrupt their heals, and they die.

I’ve seen tank eles — in particular staff tanks, survive heavy condi. A good ele tank build is impossible to kill unless you have at least 3 people who can spam cc.

Guardians are obnoxious to kill, but so are engineers. It’s just a matter of catching them off guard or focusing. Stability really helps against Dragonhunter blenders.

No they don’t. Playing necromancer, I can bring down pretty much any ele 1v1. When they swap attunement, go shroud, stun them and start rolling. That’ll force a cleanse/cleanses and a heal. RS #2 to strip their boons, leave shroud and apply pressure. When they swap to water, interrupt overload with staff #5 or CttB. Now they are out of heals and you scepter/RS them to death.

It is ok for eles to be unkillable because they don’t have any other viable playstyle. If they take away the only thing that works, eles will have nothing to go to.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Razor.9872

And with how many other people on your side? 3v1/4v1 at diamond/legendary, yeah they’re gonna go down. At lower ranks maybe not. 2v1 happens occasionally. I’ve never seen anybody other than a thief 1v1 an even halfway decent tempest, and it doesn’t happen regularly because it requires an element of stealth (which, admittedly, the thief is built for but is still situational).

Assuming equal skills of all players involved no class should be able to consistently 2v1 any combination of other classes, and even a highly skilled player should not be able to 3v1/4v1 mediocre players of any other class combination reliably.

It’s true that I face Tempests in teamfights more often than not (that’s where they naturally head towards). However, I have killed plenty of them on far-point 1v1 as Reaper, Scrapper, and Daredevil. That being said, I can’t imagine doing so as a Berzerker, Herald, Druid, or Chronomancer.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It’s true that I face Tempests in teamfights more often than not (that’s where they naturally head towards). However, I have killed plenty of them on far-point 1v1 as Reaper, Scrapper, and Daredevil. That being said, I can’t imagine doing so as a Berzerker, Herald, Druid, or Chronomancer.

It is very easy on herald which was the class I mained for season 2 and 3 up through legendary. Chrono can easily kill or at least force a decap with moa. Power warrior similarly can rip an ele to shreds, by taking advantage of eles terrible stunbreaker access with headbutt and shield bash. Condi warrior will have a bit of trouble breaking through diamond skin other wise it is an easy kill. And druid is a stalemate though if they run glyph of tides and long bow they can decap reliably. So that is 7 classes that can solo kill or at least decap an ele assuming similar skill level. On the other hand the only one that ele realistically stands a chance at decaping is thief, though they are much more likely to end up dead than the thief. Yet ele is the op one hmmmm. Even dragon hunter can decap eventually just with heavy light procs and heavy on point pressure from traps.

Edit: I take it back sort of, ele can decap most things with tornado, but I haven’t seen that skill used aside from by engineers in a longer time than I can remember by anyone competent.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

(edited by ArthurDent.9538)

in PvP

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

Edit: I take it back sort of, ele can decap most things with tornado, but I haven’t seen that skill used aside from by engineers in a longer time than I can remember by anyone competent.

Because tornado means you can’t heal yourself. Even with the extra health, you are more susceptible to dying because of it than without.
It’s too situational when you have Rebound that give you an extra aura.

in PvP

Posted by: Tengu Talons.7921

Tengu Talons.7921

Ya ele with 0 counter pressure is the problem not war.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

2) That works if the ele sits still and doesn’t move to the action, and your team has more mobility and better teamfight capability. In which case, you should be winning already.

If your team cannot outmanouver an ele bunker, then you have bigger problems. Basically, the only class with lower mobility is the Necro, and even that is debatable.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

A liar. It makes you a liar.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Razor.9872

A liar. It makes you a liar.

I really don’t like lying, though

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

It is ok for eles to be unkillable because they don’t have any other viable playstyle. If they take away the only thing that works, eles will have nothing to go to.

It would still improve the game.
Warrior wasn’t viable last season. Nobody cared. If Ele isn’t viable a whole season no one will care either.

Ele is too strong on the conquest map and it’s very strong in team fights. At least the conquest map thing needs a big overhaul.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

From my experience, eles have a difficult time with condi warriors.

The condis themselves aren’t that bad, but when you’re constantly getting interrupted, it makes it hard to heal, and the next thing you know, you’re loaded with too many condis to cleanse in time before he’s through with you.

This is both from the perspective of someone who has played as a support ele and played as a condi warrior vs. support eles. In fact, i’ve having a difficult time finding out what hard counters a condi warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

I can solo eles with Revenant, Thief, Necro, and rifle Engie.

Revenant can corrupt boons into confusion which often is enough alone to at least get them to run away. If they don’t run, you kill them.
Thief can interrupt spam+pulmonary impact.
Necro can also corrupt boons all day.
Rifle engie can out-damage their healing.

Its not always a quick kill, but it works, and its without even a team to help.

in PvP

Lucred.1802

From my experience, eles have a difficult time with condi warriors.

The condis themselves aren’t that bad, but when you’re constantly getting interrupted, it makes it hard to heal, and the next thing you know, you’re loaded with too many condis to cleanse in time before he’s through with you.

This is both from the perspective of someone who has played as a support ele and played as a condi warrior vs. support eles. In fact, i’ve having a difficult time finding out what hard counters a condi warrior.

Power herald and thief both are pretty good counters vs. condi warr.

in PvP

Posted by: Tengu Talons.7921

Tengu Talons.7921

Maybe larger maps would improve the situation? I mean ele are not unkillable its just by the time they die they can just respawn and be right back in the mid fight again in no time. Atleast bunker gaurdian has a penalty for dying.