Why is warrior damage so high?

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

So I’ve just come out of a ranked PvP match and the combat log shows the following sequential attacks:

- Critical hit for 7,791 using dash.

- Critical hit for 3,910 using kick.

- Critical hit for 5,106 using smash

=16,807 combo

wtf

I don’t remember warriors hitting that hard before.

(edited by Vague Memory.2817)

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Every profession got a damage boost, but not everyone got a defense boost. Plus, you may have just gotten hit with a few lucky crits.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Well for the first time ever its based on what kind of warrior he was. If he was using rune of strength with a zerker ammy why would he not do that much damage? Also your naming his skills in rampage which leads to the next question, did you get hit with every rampage attack he threw at you?

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

You forgot BASH, POW and RAAMPAGE!!

Advice: Run like Forest Gump!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

You forgot BASH, POW and RAAMPAGE!!

Advice: Run like Forest Gump!

Great advice for “capping points” game mode.

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

No those were the skills in order from the combatlog. If they have other skills that can hit that hard, then that seems pretty over the top.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

No those were the skills in order from the combatlog. If they have other skills that can hit that hard, then that seems pretty over the top.

most people know how to block and dodge when they see. For instance was he running a stance with it? If he wasnt you can easily blind it with ele,mes and thief class. If your running a guardian you can do blinds as well but if your bunker like me you just go blocks and dodges. On my warrior i cripple walk around the circle since its all melee attacks so if your outside the circle attacking he has to come get you but if you your knew to the game you need to practice against it and if your not well no one can help you.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

that’s what the warrior’s elite skill rampage feels like when they run full dps. he doesn’t hit as hard out of rampage, but it’s close. 100b will be doing 10k+ etc. the elite is very telegraphed and the warrior has both a noticeable (and interruptible) animation when they transform and for the duration of the transformation. however the whole form is melee apart from one ranged attack (that is super telegraphed), so if you dodge the gap closers you can kite the form with ease.

i assume you are running something squishy yourself. currently damage is very high and eating combos from dps builds will get you killed very fast. either change your build or use your dodges better.

in regard to rampage, if im on engi ill moa it, stealth, invun, dodge, leap away, stack 9 burning (lol), or just dodge. on warrior ill block and kite, or counter rampage a teamate to even the fight.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

that’s what the warrior’s elite skill rampage feels like when they run full dps. he doesn’t hit as hard out of rampage, but it’s close. 100b will be doing 10k+ etc. the elite is very telegraphed and the warrior has both a noticeable (and interruptible) animation when they transform and for the duration of the transformation. however the whole form is melee apart from one ranged attack (that is super telegraphed), so if you dodge the gap closers you can kite the form with ease.

i assume you are running something squishy yourself. currently damage is very high and eating combos from dps builds will get you killed very fast. either change your build or use your dodges better.

in regard to rampage, if im on engi ill moa it, stealth, invun, dodge, leap away, stack 9 burning (lol), or just dodge. on warrior ill block and kite, or counter rampage a teamate to even the fight.

You cannot interrupt rampage because of pulsing stab. Most of the time you cannot outrun rampage and you can only dodge 2 skills until the next one CC’s you. Eventually they will get their quickness proc and you will be permanently stunned. Basically if you’re a class without several invulns or blinks/ports, you have no counter play.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

So I’ve just come out of a ranked PvP match and the combat log shows the following sequential attacks:

=16,807 combo

wtf

why did you let the warrior hit you?

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

=16,807 combo

wtf

I wasn’t going to dignify this with an answer, but if you know a way of totally avoiding all hits in sPvP then please share with the rest of us.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

You cannot interrupt rampage because of pulsing stab. Most of the time you cannot outrun rampage and you can only dodge 2 skills until the next one CC’s you. Eventually they will get their quickness proc and you will be permanently stunned. Basically if you’re a class without several invulns or blinks/ports, you have no counter play.

you can interrupt the cast of rampage. you only have to dodge the gap closers, not every attack. if your build has no mobility and no invuns or blocks then a change to your build seems in order. even necro has ports. outrunning rampage is not something i have a problem with on warr on engi. after the first use of skill 5 it cant be used again until the end of the transformation. rush has a big animation, you should be able to dodge that if you can dodge bulls charge (and if you cant then bullscharge quickness 100b will own you. the dude doesnt even need to use rampage). boulder has a huge windup and a slow projectile, its perhaps the easiest skill to dodge in the game. if you screw up and eat these skills without an invun or stunbreak, homes it’s over you goofed it.

but dude, you have to accept that sometimes you are out of cooldowns and will die.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

=16,807 combo

wtf

I wasn’t going to dignify this with an answer, but if you know a way of totally avoiding all hits in sPvP then please share with the rest of us.

well, since all but skill 4 for rampage are melee it’s easy. kite and dodge the boulder.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

=16,807 combo

wtf

Because…it’s not possible to dodge every single attack? Of course you should try not to fight rampaging warriors and go somewhere else instead (or stealth.etc) but if someone insists on fighting – especially on a small point where kiting is hard – eventually you will run out of blinds, dodges, or just make a mistake.

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

blind blind blind? i was on rampage form but there is blind spamming on the other team until my rampage wears off.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Ummmm so invisibility with rangers, mesmers, thieves, and engy not good enough. How about the engy tool belt skill to moa them.( yes a tool belt skills that moas someone for 4 sec takes away a elite skill) Eles have far more mobility then rampage form. On staff alone 3 earth reflect the rock throw with 2 dodges and blind them with fire for each burn and use 1 utility like to create distance or blocks.

Warriors use the endure the pain stance or if your shouts cripple him and actually try moving. If your a necro literally 1 well of blinding and if you dont use a well use plague signet for blinding. (all you do is smash 2) If your a ranger you should using distance already unless your bunker condi so then set down the traps and use the evade on your skills.

Like i said if your new you should practice against it, if your not well then no one can help you.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

=16,807 combo

wtf

Because…it’s not possible to dodge every single attack? Of course you should try not to fight rampaging warriors and go somewhere else instead (or stealth.etc) but if someone insists on fighting – especially on a small point where kiting is hard – eventually you will run out of blinds, dodges, or just make a mistake.

you obviously didnt watch the latest esl, all the rampage warriors use rampage to run away from losing fights and in the lower brackets the rampage warrior was losing 1 vs 1 fights in the circle

in PvP

Sunflowers.1729

=16,807 combo

wtf

you obviously didnt watch the latest esl, all the rampage warriors use rampage to run away from losing fights and in the lower brackets the rampage warrior was losing 1 vs 1 fights in the circle

Er ok, that doesn’t really change my point that you just can’t dodge every attack…? I didn’t say rampage was super OP or whatever, just that avoiding 100% of abilities is very difficult.

Edit: I’d like to add that I think Rampage is fine, it’s like Time Warp and Lich Form with a powerful effect but on a long cooldown.

(edited by Sunflowers.1729)

in PvP

choovanski.5462

look we may seem harsh here, but warrior has an alternative to Banner right now and i would like things to stay that way. forced into banner sucks. some say it’s OP that it makes you leave point, but have you ever seen a necro drop wells on point?

@Sunflowers: you should kite rampage, dont melee it unless you have blinds or something to the effect. it only has a few gap closers with big animations and those are what you must dodge, not the autos- because those cant hit you at range. the boulder literally has a 1sec windup.

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Sweetbread.4701

Sweetbread.4701

I swear to god Anet could give a class a 1500 range .25 sec cast instant kill laser on a 5 second cooldown and fanboys would STILL come out to defend it by saying “learn 2 dodge!”.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

=16,807 combo

wtf

Er ok, that doesn’t really change my point that you just can’t dodge every attack…? I didn’t say rampage was super OP or whatever, just that avoiding 100% of abilities is very difficult.

Edit: I’d like to add that I think Rampage is fine, it’s like Time Warp and Lich Form with a powerful effect but on a long cooldown.

wait let me explain, so ive been running rampage since the pre cele since before it had a huge amount of damage. I used it for damage reduction and straight stability. Back then it did no damage and it was frustrating but it had its purpose. Now people are saying its silly damage acting like theres no counter.

I main warrior i run stances with vigor. This is literally what i do when they pop rampage i double dodge waiting for there attacks (dont even have to attempt attacking) pop endure the pain and melee for 2-3 seconds and switch to rifle and start to back up and hit cripple. It slows him down for like 1 sec and it creates enough distance to where there either chasing me or hes forced to use dash in which case i dodge again since i got vigor on a stance. Then he has literally about 2 seconds left to land a attack.

I dont know if you have seen mesmer play 1 vs 1 against rampage warriors but rampage warriors literally land zero hits against the new mesmers inside the circle. I dont know which class your saying you cant avoid rampage attacks, i think it would help if i knew what you were playing.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

If someone equips zerker with a power rune and uses their elite, I’m kinda expecting that damage. Mesmer does as much in the same amount of time without their elite or any telegraphs from 1200 range (although they will port into you at the last second to benefit from IP). Thief does it. Hell, my guardian does it as well on a much shorter CD than rampage (the usual chains of light >sow > JI > ww + smite condition, not including BB and the symbol because I prefer saving BB to secure a second ww and because the symbol just screams SPAM YOUR DODGE/TELEPORT).

I don’t play warrior and I see no issue with this.

in PvP

Sunflowers.1729

wait let me explain, so ive been running rampage since the pre cele since before it had a huge amount of damage. I used it for damage reduction and straight stability. Back then it did no damage and it was frustrating but it had its purpose. Now people are saying its silly damage acting like theres no counter.

I main warrior i run stances with vigor. This is literally what i do when they pop rampage i double dodge waiting for there attacks (dont even have to attempt attacking) pop endure the pain and melee for 2-3 seconds and switch to rifle and start to back up and hit cripple. It slows him down for like 1 sec and it creates enough distance to where there either chasing me or hes forced to use dash in which case i dodge again since i got vigor on a stance. Then he has literally about 2 seconds left to land a attack.

I dont know if you have seen mesmer play 1 vs 1 against rampage warriors but rampage warriors literally land zero hits against the new mesmers inside the circle. I dont know which class your saying you cant avoid rampage attacks, i think it would help if i knew what you were playing.

OK so what if he comes up to you when you’re halfway through fighting someone else? In a perfect 1vs1 scenario with all cooldowns up of course you wouldn’t get hit, but that’s not always possible.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

You got +1d by a DPS and expect NOT to die? Getting +1d is quite literally the job of every dpser.

in PvP

Sunflowers.1729

You got +1d by a DPS and expect NOT to die? Getting +1d is quite literally the job of every dpser.

For god’s sake I know this, it’s just that when Deimos said “just don’t get hit” – it’s not always possible.

Okay? Stop it with the strawman arguments.

I don’t know why you guys are getting so fed up over this, the only thing I’m saying is that sometimes it is not possible to avoid every attack. I didn’t say that it was hard (or easy) to do so, nor did I say that Rampage was OP. It’s like dodging Kill Shot, don’t tell me you never screwed up and got hit by one before.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

OK so what if he comes up to you when you’re halfway through fighting someone else? In a perfect 1vs1 scenario with all cooldowns up of course you wouldn’t get hit, but that’s not always possible.

post your class and build and maybe we can give you some advice. i can tell you what to do on cele engi, but i have no idea if you even play that.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Yeah i run double endure the pain, ive had a few instances where people say my build is bull crap (coming from other warriors) not saying i wouldnt get hit but i have won 1 vs 2 situations where the warrior assumed that popping rampage equaled a win.

Ive seen good players who run staff ele and friend who runs thief stay in the circle vs rampage and not get hit once so its possible but also when you run full zerker and you use your elite skill with a utility skill there going for the KO and my question to you is shouldnt they do 6-9k dmg when there putting everything into this 20 sec attack?

in PvP

Sunflowers.1729

my question to you is shouldnt they do 6-9k dmg when there putting everything into this 20 sec attack?

I….didn’t say they shouldn’t? Where did I say that?

Ok I’ll reiterate. IMO Rampage isn’t OP, it’s not too strong, and it’s counterable by dodging or what have you. But to expect someone to not ever get hit is kind of stretching it. What if I stealth the warrior with SR? Or you ran out of condi clears and got immobilized? Or a million other scenarios.

Also I play all the classes except Necro, that doesn’t change my point. Anyway, this irrelevant discussion has pushed the thread so far off topic that I’m not going to reply anymore.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

You see, the problem is that everyone is so accustomed to reading QQ on these forums as of late that even simply stating something like that puts the supporters of the defensive.

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

This is what happens, you out play the Warrior using your blocks/invons/blinds/evades completely school him, War looks like losing your still 90-100% health and boom! “Rampagers” you have nothing left in the tank, War hits you once with a CC and next attack your dead. At best you will dodge 2 of there Rampager attacks then die, gl running away unless you have super speed with gap closers.

Rampagers rewards bad players, it’s not matter or L2P.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

choovanski.5462

This is what happens, you out play the Warrior using your blocks/invons/blinds/evades completely school him, War looks like losing your still 90-100% health and boom! “Rampagers” you have nothing left in the tank, War hits you once with a CC and next attack your dead. At best you will dodge 2 of there Rampager attacks then die, gl running away unless you have super speed with gap closers.

or did the warrior bait your defensive CDs then rampage outplaying you? or is it all a matter of perspective.

in PvP

Sol.4310

or did the warrior bait your defensive CDs then rampage outplaying you? or is it all a matter of perspective.

I knew someone would say this, ok next time I won’t use any of defensive skills and I’ll let him kill me outside of Rampagers.

So what you’re trying to say is when they use the F1 Hammer skill not to dodge it, or when they using there GS gap closers not to dodge it or even better someone else immobilize you and I shouldn’t use my invon I should just eat the damage and die there cause the warrior is trying to bait my defensive skills out. Yes that sounds about as smart as your comment.

And this is why I hate coming to forums.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

(edited by Sol.4310)

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

This is very true.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

I knew someone would say this, ok next time I won’t use any of defensive skills and I’ll let him kill me outside of Rampagers.

So what you’re trying to say is when they use the F1 Hammer skill not to dodge it, or when they using there GS gap closers not to dodge it or even better someone else immobilize you and I shouldn’t use my invon I should just eat the damage and die there cause the warrior is trying to bait my defensive skills out. Yes that sounds about as smart as your comment.

i don’t know dude. seems like there is a big difference between popping your elite when the enemy has cds and when they don’t. that of course assumes the warrior is paying attention, as if they are it’s an outplay and if not it’s luck.

i’m just commenting on managing enemy cooldowns, i’m not telling you not to dodge earthshaker.

in PvP

Sol.4310

i don’t know dude. seems like there is a big difference between popping your elite when the enemy has cds and when they don’t. that of course assumes the warrior is paying attention, as if they are it’s an outplay and if not it’s luck.

i’m just commenting on managing enemy cooldowns, i’m not telling you not to dodge earthshaker.

Srsly dude, you must live under a rock or live in a perfect world. You’re going to have skills on CD vs anyone and everyone it doesn’t matter what class you are, there was no baiting involved at all its matter of time. Almost every Warrior pops Rampagers when there buggered and that wasn’t matter of them baiting out cd’s or poor management from the other player.

Rampagers rewards bad players, the Warrior got schooled and in his last hopes pops a skill that rewards him for being bad.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Srsly dude, you must live under a rock or live in a perfect world. You’re going to have skills on CD vs anyone and everyone it doesn’t matter what class you are, there was no baiting involved at all its matter of time. Almost every Warrior pops Rampagers when there buggered and that wasn’t matter of them baiting out cd’s or poor management from the other player.

Rampagers rewards bad players, the Warrior got schooled and in his last hopes pops a skill that rewards him for being bad.

You know what’s also sad about this statement? Mesmer can also reward bad players cause there’s nothing hard about doing 10k instant cast burst as you reposition and evade. Same concept can be applied to Ranger if it gets buffed or DPS Guardian.

At least Rampage itself already has a lot of counter play and outside of Rampage, Warrior has a lot even more. Those three classes that I mentioned can just spam evades while dps-ing and call it skill really.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

You know what’s also sad about this statement? Mesmer can also reward bad players cause there’s nothing hard about doing 10k instant cast burst as you reposition and evade. Same concept can be applied to Ranger if it gets buffed or DPS Guardian.

At least Rampage itself already has a lot of counter play and outside of Rampage, Warrior has a lot even more. Those three classes that I mentioned can just spam evades while dps-ing and call it skill really.

nah.
Clicking 1,2,3,4,5 is max what bad players can do.

Using at least on mediocre level Class specific skills, like Shatter skills is way out of their league.

That’s why Rampage works fine for them, but rolling with Mesmer, Engineer or Guardian is basically impossible.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

So we got a highly destructive elite where the most reliable tactic to countering it is blind spam (which only one class can do effectively), evading and avoiding nearly every attack (which is hard to do on most professions), running away (most times doesn’t work) or moaing them (which only 2 classes can do)…

why are people defending this again?

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

So we got a highly destructive elite where the most reliable tactic to countering it is blind spam (which only one class can do effectively), evading and avoiding nearly every attack (which is hard to do on most professions), running away (most times doesn’t work) or moaing them (which only 2 classes can do)…

why are people defending this again?

I don’t see them defending arena net’s worthless balancing and more like mocking the guy because he let himself get hit 4 times, big difference.

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

It’s not about never getting hit, it’s probably impossible to do even with perfect micro managing and kiting. Mistakes are bound to be made, but choosing which skills to dodge and which to take is probably what works best.
IMO rampage is a slight bit over powered,not horribly so because it’s an elite skill with a very long CD, but it could use a shave.
A whole nerf? No, I’m glad to finally see warriors out of their rezzing banner mold they were almost forced to keep before.
Elite like rampage, lich and moa are what every class should have. It may be an I-win button, but it’s on a long CD and they are basically making sacrifice for a part of the game because they are stuck without it.
I don’t see anyone crying about lich, and yet, before the stability nerf they got, one lich could make a whole team leave a point. Rampage is on equal o-kitten reaction than pre nerf lich and that’s how I feel elite skills should be.
Tornado is laughable, basilisk venom is merely annoying and so is root, while fgs is a running shoe weapon…those should get revamped.

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

Your Mes statement is misleading. Yes you can burst for about 10K with a full on power shatter, however your damage is broken into 4 parts: you and your three illusions. Each part can be killed, cc’d, or mitigated separately using the usual conditions/dodge etc., and the illusions have to run to the target in order to shatter if they aren’t very close.

Then consider that you have to generate those three illusions in first place, which requires using skills before hand to build the number up. There is a reason why mesmer is one of the harder classes to play. Also there are plenty of cues before a shatter happens and while it is happening. However mes do not have direct skills that can do 4-7K damage per hit like rampager even if they do crit, you have to work hard for your damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

Welcome to the new patch, Warriors can kill you with 3 skills now, Daze and downed! If you manage to survive that then they will take no damage for ever, till they can hit you again and down you in 2 sec!