Why locking us in Lobby?

Why locking us in Lobby?

in PvP

Posted by: Echiel.8196

Echiel.8196

Hello,
1. I would like to ask why are we locked in lobby? I did much of map completition during the wait for spvp matchup, and whyle I would wait in sPvP map till the match starts….
Now all I can do is wait at Lobby doing nothing… What activity are you suggesting there while waiting for matchup? Lets say I have my build finished, dont need to test it and I have got what I want from TP, sorted things at bank…. Whitch for most players I would say is truth…
To be honest there is a bigger possibility of people going afk because they dont have anything to do there… so yeh lets look on web for something or whatever…. creating afk players who dont accept the matchup forcing it to reset thus prolonging the wait time which you wanted to shorten….
Maybe I am the only one who feels that way but it realy got boring to go do sPvP and I love it tbh…
2. Why putting out soloq? I know there is much on forums about it but what was the reason? all it created is that people who goes in solo goes against parties etc… I thought if I go solo it will automatically pair me with solo players too and that was the change you made…. not like this… its annoying to play with randoms (wolf ranks) against premade team (dragon ranks)….. how does it consider ranks?
I just hope you will get soloq back….. I think people would rather wait for balanced matchup than to jump right in against premade team with randoms at your side…
3. would it be possible to make the window saying I should go to map or accept the spvp to be movable… It anoyes me as hell when it pops up in the middle of battle in the middle of the screen, not being able to see what is happening…

Why locking us in Lobby?

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

I would like to know as well, it’s very much a waste of time to be forced to sit in the lobby while waiting on the queue.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Why locking us in Lobby?

in PvP

Posted by: Tuvinator.8163

Tuvinator.8163

Or at the very least, as other people have requested… provide us with something to do there. merchanting/bank is very limited in what you can do with. Crafting areas, trading post, something more than just sitting with another window open doing something else, like say, trolling the forums.

Why locking us in Lobby?

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I know I’m in the minority, but I don’t mind being in the lobby waiting for a queue to pop. It was the same deal in GW1. Though I’m fairly confident that’s not the reason they implemented this in GW2. More like, to make sPvP look like it’s active.

Why locking us in Lobby?

in PvP

Posted by: Style.1092

Style.1092

You know what is funy ? You can still quit hotm through LA portal and you will not be kicked from queue but it is likely oversight. And forcing us to stay in hotm is just a result of disshonor system which solve nothing in current state.

Cpt Nemo Kolkozy

Why locking us in Lobby?

in PvP

Power.2957

You know what is funy ? You can still quit hotm through LA portal and you will not be kicked from queue but it is likely oversight. And forcing us to stay in hotm is just a result of disshonor system which solve nothing in current state.

If this is true, I will have fallen in love with you.

Why locking us in Lobby?

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Ranked queues are getting longer and longer, we need to be able to go back to the PvE world while we wait either for map completion or faming, or implement some type of reward or activity for being in the mist. Most of the community demands it.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Why locking us in Lobby?

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

If nothing else fix it so that costume brawl wins in the pvp lobby count towards the achievement. That could be a start of something that can be done while waiting.

or set up arcade machines somewhere…I don’t know :P

Why locking us in Lobby?

in PvP

Power.2957

Just tried walking through the LA portal- didn’t work =/