Why meet top 250 people in gold div

in PvP

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

Why can you meet people who have top 250 titles in gold division? Even if they are currently not in top 250 anymore, they should be hardcoded to only appear in high platin/legend matches, since they obviously do not belong in gold. It is quite silly if you get near instant queue pops but still have to play with people who are basically in a different league…

(This is based on EU where top 250 has never been below platin 2 yet, might be different for NA)

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

The difference between them and and average gold player is minimal. More and more good players leave every season and now it’s just a complete kittenshow. Platinum players play like bronze sometimes too.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

A lot of former top players aren’t trying anymore and spend time in ranked playing fun builds over viable ones (NA). They got their titles and have no interest playing that seriously with the game in its current state.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

But you can also notice a huge skill level difference between plat and gold (EU)

in PvP

Mel.3064

A lot of former top players aren’t trying anymore and spend time in ranked playing fun builds over viable ones (NA). They got their titles and have no interest playing that seriously with the game in its current state.

Yes I noticed it. Those top players usually go afk as soon as someone does something they do not like while bragging about their own skill in chat. They achieved their goals and do not care if they ruin it for others anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Yes I noticed it. Those top players usually go afk as soon as someone does something they do not like while bragging about their own skill in chat. They achieved their goals and do not care if they ruin it for others anymore

Straight BS, the AFK’rs and map ragers are the 1550 rated, former duel server stars

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Straight BS, the AFK’rs and map ragers are the 1550 rated, former duel server stars

Pretty much. People playing easymode cheese tend to believe there’s still some integrity to the game and subsequently winning.

Game/professions need to be better-designed/balanced for people to keep caring, OP. There’s no incentive to try very hard in GW2’s competitive scene since from all angles it’s currently a joke and the best of the best are fully aware of this, so they spend their time either just having fun with it or being more productive elsewhere.

in PvP

Mel.3064

what are duel server stars?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

People who think they’re so hot right now, spending hours dueling in 1v1 servers.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

People who think they’re so hot right now, spending hours dueling in 1v1 servers.

That sounds like more fun and more competitive then Ranked actually.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys