Why must i look like a noob at the character select screen?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos.5893

Chaos.5893

This issue must be fixed. I thought the point is this game was that you didn’t have to play through content you didn’t enjoy.

The character select screen needs to show the equipment that you have in the map you are currently in. If i log out in the heart of the mist, when i come back my character should show the armor i have in the heart of the mist.

I’m i the only one really bothered by this? I don’t think it would be to hard to implement.

It takes away my motivation to actually play spvp. Makes it feel somewhat pointless and i end up enjoying it less.

I’m currently rank 26 and would really like to see this change.

Illuminated One

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

go level up your pve character i guess.

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

This would be a nice addition, to have whatever set you currently have on in the map you’re in show, but on the totem pole of things to fix and adjust right now, this is a low priority.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Xahz.8406

Xahz.8406

100% agree. It should also show rank instead of character level when mousing over a someone in the mists

in PvP

Posted by: DangerMonkey.3158

DangerMonkey.3158

>buy 500 gems
>obtain cosmetic set
>wear on lvl 1 thief

Fear me! For I am the dangerous primate!
Rank 1X SneekyTheef (T), Wizzizard (M), Gerdierhn (G)
Builds:http://www.gw2builds.org/user/dangermonkey

in PvP

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

uhm. sorry but who really gives two kittens about this. level your pve char. easy to get kitten skins.

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

in PvP

Posted by: Pimpslapper.2047

Pimpslapper.2047

some of us do not intend to play PVE in this game, for those that only pvp like me, this should be an option, albeit low prio. Also like the idea of seeing rank in the mists and not everyone as level 80, would like this in the spvp maps as well.

in PvP

Chaos.5893

No i dont want to lv my PvE character. I dont play guild wars to kill ai. Im not going to play a mode i dont enjoy. PvP is the only place for me. Why should i be punished because i feel this way?

This game is designed to allow you to only pvp if you want to. I want my character screen to reflect my pvp progress not my pve progress.

Why do pvp only players need to be punished? We paid for the game just like everyone else, we deserve to be able to choose how we spend our time.

Making pvp only players look horrible in the character screen is a negative thing, it doesn’t help anyone. Allowing your pvp progress to be reflected in your character screen is a good thing. It gives people motivation to keep playing, to get better at the game and gives ranking up more meaning.

This is a necessary feature. It can only do good.

Illuminated One

in PvP

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

uhm. sorry but who really gives two kittens about this.

A lot of people do, actually. This needs to get a change, either what the OP suggested, or an option where you can set what to display.

in PvP

Posted by: DangerMonkey.3158

DangerMonkey.3158

No one else sees your character screen mate, just chill the kitten out

Fear me! For I am the dangerous primate!
Rank 1X SneekyTheef (T), Wizzizard (M), Gerdierhn (G)
Builds:http://www.gw2builds.org/user/dangermonkey

in PvP

Posted by: Tesler.5783

Tesler.5783

you’re right bro, the lack of bad-a armor on your character during the 2 seconds before you click “play” is unacceptable. ANet should stop other things and “fix” this right nao, no doubt
seriously though, it would be a nice cosmetic addition to the game to have the option to reflect gear, but its far from being the most pressing issue, or a serious issue at all for that matter. you’re already allowed to equip all that gear without being max level, previous games would never allow that. and you’re upset about some title screen

(edited by Tesler.5783)

in PvP

Posted by: Efaithm.1598

Efaithm.1598

you’re right bro, the lack of bad-a armor on your character during the 2 seconds before you click “play” is unacceptable. ANet should stop other things and “fix” this right nao, no doubt
seriously though, it would be a nice cosmetic addition to the game to have the option to reflect gear, but its far from being the most pressing issue, or a serious issue at all for that matter. you’re already allowed to equip all that gear without being max level, previous games would never allow that. and you’re upset about some title screen

OMG. He is not saying “fix this now, this is unacceptable,kittenyou ArenaNet”, he is just telling his opinion. And i think he is right, this is a game which PvE and PvP doesnt affect each other, so there should be “show my pvp armor in character selection” option. And to the people who are saying “go pve you lazy s*** noobtard”, please go hate somewhere else, you obviously didnt get the point of this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Vecna.8197

Vecna.8197

I also only do spvp. So I would like to see other peoples rank in heart of the mists.

in PvP

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

Just strip your pve chars naked then. Makes you not look like a noob. Try town clothes too- not sure if those will stay on character select though..

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

in PvP

Posted by: Zzulu.5489

Zzulu.5489

If you wanna look cool you better go do PvE. Same armor sets as you get in sPvP but less time invested and you can wear the armor everywhere =)

in PvP

Posted by: Irishbrewed.6537

Irishbrewed.6537

Lol at the thread title! I really did laugh. But yeah I think it’s reasonable to think they will correct this in a future patch, for all our self indulging needs

in PvP

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

There are a whole lot of major issues to fix. Anet shouldnt bother on focuing on this minor stuff.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in PvP

Posted by: andybmcc.8751

andybmcc.8751

I’m too busy playing the game to stare at the character selection screen.

in PvP

Posted by: JStereo.6953

JStereo.6953

It would be nice, but are you seriously saying that you have less motivation to pvp because of what your character looks like at the login screen? :/

in PvP

Chaos.5893

Pve is meaningless in my eyes, I dont enjoy it nor will i ever do it.

I show my character screen to friends and family as i try to explain what classes there are and what they can do. Even if i didn’t I personally really dislike seeing a watered down version of my character.

I understand this is not a priority but it must be fixed at some point.

A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT. No one cares you if personally dont mind. Stop trolling the thread.

Illuminated One