Why necro's are not treated fairly

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Each class has their disadvantages

Guards have low HP

“Virtues have been said to help balance the guardian; for example, they have a lower base health than the warrior profession but compensate for this with their higher health regeneration granted by Virtue of Resolve.” – from Gw2 wiki

Ele’s have low HP

“They also have the lowest base health in comparison to other professions, so they have to make up for their lack of durability under fire by managing their attunements and skills carefully and avoid putting themselves in dangerous situations. They also are very versatile, able to easily adopt a support or damage role.

Mesmers have low HP

- They essentially make up for that with high mobiliy, stealth and clones.

Engineer has high recharge times on their skills

With an kitten nal of turrets and kits, the engineer can also become quite durable when properly prepared. However, this is somewhat offset by the long recharge times of their abilities.

And so on..

Now for the Necromancers it’s nothing but good news.

“Necromancers gather Life Force from nearby deaths that allows them to transform into Death Shroud which gives them access to different set of skills and enables them to use life force instead of their health.

Necromancers have more health than other scholars; they not only are able to extend that health through the use of the Death Shroud, but also possess a wide variety of life stealing abilities, meaning the necromancer can potentially be a very sturdy profession. The necromancer is also great at inflicting debilitating or damaging conditions on enemies as well as removing conditions from allies and boons from enemies.

Necromancers also prominently make use of fear — a removable condition that forces the enemy to flee directly away from the caster for a short period of time."

Overcompensating much?

The truth is, they let out two incredible important facts about the necromancer
1. They are only viable with conditions.
2. They are slow as the slowest things to ever be slow

Being slow is a HUGE drawback in pvp. We’re talking PvP here. Even in the “world of kungkitten speed determines the victor”.

The same can very easily be applied to this game or nearly any game out there.

Some say, “well necro’s have better sticking power. They’re able to keep their enemies near them longer”

In what world? As far as I can tell, every other class is well equipped to do just the exact opposite; avoid getting cc’d as much as possible.

So these perks cancel each other out. This means… Necro is left being slow.

Now again, not a huge problem if you’re just playing with your conditions. You just stand there in one spot just facerolling your keyboard until the enemy dies. Boring, unfun, and dull. All meaning the same thing but idc.

Its a sad way to play and a frustrating thing as well considering this game marketed itself has having dynamic professions. Letting you do you when it comes to building your character. Which, lets face it, is true. You can do you. However, again, they just so happened to leave out another little fact: you CAN play these builds… but they suck; which is pretty much anet consolidating the professions into very specific roles.

Necromancer = No mobility. Lots of conditions. Lots of health. The durr profession.
Mesmer = Lots of mobility. Lots of flashyness. Lots of utility. Lots of damage. Lots of love.
Elementalist = Lots of mobility. Lots of aoe damage. Lots of stun breaks and evasion. Lots of killing.
Engineer = Lots of sustain. Lots of durability. Lots of CC. Lots of damage. Plenty of mobility. Plenty of condition damage builds. Plenty of power builds. Plenty of plenty. High cooldowns on their 20 million abilities.

It just doesn’t seem right.

Why are necro’s forced to play such a boring role becuase their lack of mobility is not compensated for.

Why isn’t Necro littered with Quickness buffs to counterbalance their overly sluggish ways?

doesn’t make sense to me.

in PvP

Posted by: MrPinks.2015

MrPinks.2015

Dont forget that they have super good traits
necro can press one button in shroud and gain 25 might stacks… ONE BUTTON

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

reaper can have some limited combat mobility with shroud knight skill 2 though.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

OP’s point is that Necro is underpowered, and the supporting reasoning are 2012 gw2 wiki entries, and how the grass is greener for Mesmer, Engineers, and Eles.

When you actually log in to these classes you claim have oh so much build diversity and everything at their disposal, you’re in for a fun realization – everything you think about other classes is a lie. Nobody has everything or wide open viable build options.

Back to the basics here, Necro is not even the most immobile with Shroud 2 leap on 6s CD, adequate swiftness uptime from Warhorn, and chills for fleeing/pursuing enemies.

If you want to know Necro’s real weakness, it’s that it’s the worst class at coping with outnumbered situations, and requires fast rotations, healing, or reviving support to survive against aggressive focus fire.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

They are not that slow m8. Shroud 2, warhorn swiftness, signet movespeed bonus in a spite build. They get around pretty fast.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

People really should try all professions..before opening this kind of thread

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Necromancers have considerably more options for movement than for example guardians do. Their real issue is rather active defenses. Their only way to avoid damage is dodging. Everything else is just mitigation.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

lol Really?

It’s not even just mobility though.

People bring up Shroud 2 and thats fine. It also costs LF.
Warhorn and swiftness? Sure I guess.
signet of the locust? Also a fair example i guess? You’re still taking a huge hit to your utility just for that since the active seems hardly worth it. Kinda just meant for bunkers which makes it a bit contradictory.

I mean sure you can name a few things on a necro that provides some mobility

Then go think about all the mobility the other professions have and you’ll see the difference.

Should I list all the mobility a warrior, thief, guardian, elementalist, mesmer, and engineer, and ranger have? I will if you want.

besides its not even just that lol. I can’t stand the fact that the necromancers entire theme is “Slow”. The GS is slow. Their movment is slow. Their skills are slow and telegraphed af. Their job is to be the slow class

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Hehe. It said guard has mobility.
Yeah, necro is one of the slower classes. So what?
Not every class can jump around the battlefield and ncero is certainly one where slowness is rather fitting.
And they are powerful enough to make being able to be outrotated a balance element.
Trust me, you dont want mobility. As soon as you have access to perma swiftness, infinite shadowsteps and are immune to immobilize, people start to claim you should not be viable in combat because you can pick your opponents and always disengage.

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

Hehe. It said guard has mobility.
Yeah, necro is one of the slower classes. So what?
Not every class can jump around the battlefield and ncero is certainly one where slowness is rather fitting.
And they are powerful enough to make being able to be outrotated a balance element.
Trust me, you dont want mobility. As soon as you have access to perma swiftness, infinite shadowsteps and are immune to immobilize, people start to claim you should not be viable in combat because you can pick your opponents and always disengage.

I’m sure calling me “it” made you feel so cool and snarky on the internets just now

anways,

Guardian
Greatsword 3
Sword 2
Judges intervention
merciful intervention
retreat
Symbol of swiftness

So even the Guardian has more mobility. Stay greasy my friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Guardian:
Sword 2, Judge Intervention, Merciful Intervention( not even used anymore) require a target…. Symbol is a staff ability….retreat is a shout….

Are we talking about meta and viable pvp builds or what?
At lower divisions ( up to ruby ) 50% of players in a match are necros

The question is…OP have you ever played any other profession against a necro?

It just blow my mind to see necros still complaining at this point…like wth more do you want?

-All utilities are viable
-Multiple viable traitlines
-powerful elites

Just have a go at the professions you’re whining about, I only use ele as healbot for the occasional pvp match and guard core as wvw frontline

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

I’ve just spent the weekend play testing and optimising a Necro build for PVP, I don’t think it’s unbalanced it has it’s advantages and disadvantages like every class. Until I got a build right that I liked playing I was getting hammered but now I’m performing where I need to be.

in PvP

Yannir.4132

People bring up Shroud 2 and thats fine. It also costs LF.
Warhorn and swiftness? Sure I guess.
signet of the locust? Also a fair example i guess? You’re still taking a huge hit to your utility just for that since the active seems hardly worth it.

Can you give me an example of a mobility skill that doesn’t cost anything? Yes, shroud 2 costs LF but every mobility skill has a cost in the form of CD. Except for thieves but mobility is in their job description and they’d be useless without it.
Warhorn would be the best off-hand choice even without the swiftness, so I have no idea what your grudging reply is about there.

SotL has a considerably smaller trade-off than similar skills on some of the other professions. SotL in a teamfight is a 2nd healing skill, with 5 targets which don’t need to be players it’s better than most of the actual healing skills necros have. Additionally, necromancers are barely tied to their utilities unlike elementalists for example who have around 7 better choices than Signet of Air. And the current meta doesn’t allow eles to spec into air, they’re dead meat without water and earth. Guardians have nothing on this department. Rangers rely on shouts for swiftness since Signet of the Hunt is a wasted slot in PvP.

Only engineers, thieves and warriors have an easier access to a speed boost. And Heralds, but condi reves f/e don’t use Herald usually. That would make necro mid tier in this aspect which is hardly bad.

All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

I’m sorry but I simply cannot empathize with your position here. I’ve been playing Revenant in sPvP recently and I’ve struggling at lot with necros, so much so I decided to test one out myself. Needless to say, the result was just absolutely hilarious (15 stacks of bleed and 5 poison from scepter AA only…?).

You’re arguing to give the class more, more and more. I say fine. Cut the damage and condi application in half, reduce the maximum amount of life force, remove condi transfer signet and you can have your mobility. Seem fair? Of course not, having mobility with this insane condi application should be a given right? Anyway, the toxic and dilluted point that I am trying to make is that the insane condi application comes at a price. A price you should be happy to pay. Bear in mind necros are in no way roamers, you point guardians and assaulters, basically the core of rotation.

Now if they were to reduce the condi damage, buff the direct damage, give you mobility – what would you end up with? The loss of a unique class. If you don’t enjoy the playstyle of the Necro and want it to be more like ele or mesmer, then why not just play ele or mesmer?

Btw, you do have a signet which increases your speed by 25%.

Edit: You say Mesmer has “lots of damage” – Mesmer is the lowest damage class in the game. It does 25-35% of what the top classes do, 60% of what a necro can do. Here’s one source for comparison: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ft01q/qt_dps_benchmarkstests_for_all_classes/

“Lots of mobility”. Blink. Portal. Swap. Whoopdeedoo. So if Ele has “lots” of mobility and Mesmer also has “lots” of mobility, how come Ele has far more than Mesmer?

(edited by Crowley.8761)

in PvP

Yannir.4132

Guardian
Greatsword 3
Sword 2
Judges intervention
merciful intervention
retreat
Symbol of swiftness

Greatsword 3/Sword 2 – You can only have one of these since guardians need a ranged weapon for kiting. Guardians sustain is so bad that it can’t stay in melee for prolonged periods of time.
Judges Intervention – I’ll give you this one but even this skill has a 60 s cooldown…
Merciful Intervention – Utterly useless. Only works when you have allies around, even then the healing it gives is insignificant.
Retreat – Is only used PvE, since all shouts have too high of a trade-off for PvP.
Symbol of Swiftness – Requires you to stand still for 4 seconds, which kinda defeats the purpose of swiftness. And staff is the most useless weapons guardians have for sPvP.

All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I think necros are ok atm honestly. They are balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: MrPinks.2015

MrPinks.2015

necros mobility
also include
[Locust Swarm]
[Spectral Walk]
[Signet of the Locust]
[Summon Flesh Wurm] For teleport
[Death’s Charge]
and his trait line [Speed of Shadows] 25 pc faster in shroud
he has planty of mobility

but who cares about his mobility most of them play tanky and stay on point
necro are almost unstoppable killing machine , with insane condi and healing capabilities self reliant buffs and debuffs on enemies , he can destroy almost every class
in this rock paper scissors meta

not only that his chill makes every one slower than him

(edited by MrPinks.2015)

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

Each class has their disadvantages

Guards have low HP

“Virtues have been said to help balance the guardian; for example, they have a lower base health than the warrior profession but compensate for this with their higher health regeneration granted by Virtue of Resolve.” – from Gw2 wiki

Ele’s have low HP

“They also have the lowest base health in comparison to other professions, so they have to make up for their lack of durability under fire by managing their attunements and skills carefully and avoid putting themselves in dangerous situations. They also are very versatile, able to easily adopt a support or damage role.

Mesmers have low HP

- They essentially make up for that with high mobiliy, stealth and clones.

Engineer has high recharge times on their skills

With an kitten nal of turrets and kits, the engineer can also become quite durable when properly prepared. However, this is somewhat offset by the long recharge times of their abilities.

And so on..

Now for the Necromancers it’s nothing but good news.

“Necromancers gather Life Force from nearby deaths that allows them to transform into Death Shroud which gives them access to different set of skills and enables them to use life force instead of their health.

Necromancers have more health than other scholars; they not only are able to extend that health through the use of the Death Shroud, but also possess a wide variety of life stealing abilities, meaning the necromancer can potentially be a very sturdy profession. The necromancer is also great at inflicting debilitating or damaging conditions on enemies as well as removing conditions from allies and boons from enemies.

Necromancers also prominently make use of fear — a removable condition that forces the enemy to flee directly away from the caster for a short period of time."

Overcompensating much?

The truth is, they let out two incredible important facts about the necromancer
1. They are only viable with conditions.
2. They are slow as the slowest things to ever be slow

Being slow is a HUGE drawback in pvp. We’re talking PvP here. Even in the “world of kungkitten speed determines the victor”.

The same can very easily be applied to this game or nearly any game out there.

Some say, “well necro’s have better sticking power. They’re able to keep their enemies near them longer”

In what world? As far as I can tell, every other class is well equipped to do just the exact opposite; avoid getting cc’d as much as possible.

So these perks cancel each other out. This means… Necro is left being slow.

Now again, not a huge problem if you’re just playing with your conditions. You just stand there in one spot just facerolling your keyboard until the enemy dies. Boring, unfun, and dull. All meaning the same thing but idc.

Its a sad way to play and a frustrating thing as well considering this game marketed itself has having dynamic professions. Letting you do you when it comes to building your character. Which, lets face it, is true. You can do you. However, again, they just so happened to leave out another little fact: you CAN play these builds… but they suck; which is pretty much anet consolidating the professions into very specific roles.

Necromancer = No mobility. Lots of conditions. Lots of health. The durr profession.
Mesmer = Lots of mobility. Lots of flashyness. Lots of utility. Lots of damage. Lots of love.
Elementalist = Lots of mobility. Lots of aoe damage. Lots of stun breaks and evasion. Lots of killing.
Engineer = Lots of sustain. Lots of durability. Lots of CC. Lots of damage. Plenty of mobility. Plenty of condition damage builds. Plenty of power builds. Plenty of plenty. High cooldowns on their 20 million abilities.

It just doesn’t seem right.

Why are necro’s forced to play such a boring role becuase their lack of mobility is not compensated for.

Why isn’t Necro littered with Quickness buffs to counterbalance their overly sluggish ways?

doesn’t make sense to me.

this post is a joke right? you do not need speed. i have seen a necro that took my entire team on alone. we lost the match because everyone blew off everything else just to see if we could kill him. so there are some pretty insane builds out there

master jedi david

(edited by trunks.5249)

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Ele has no mobility, 40s CD 900 yard blink wooooo.

Necros have more mobility than eles by a lot thanks to reaper shroud 2.

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

That moment when virtue of resolve regenerates 10% of what warriors passively regenerate for…

Oh yea its since 2 years ago.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Mhhh something tells me this is about power necros, not condi necros. Let me guess it is about greatsword and the op wants more mobility/quickness on it?