Why no GvG ANet?

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

And here I thought that the Obsidian Sanctum update would quiet the small minority of GvG players.

You obviously missed the twitch viewers when EU v NA recently?

GW2 has nothing to do with actual Guild Wars.

A point which no one except lore junkies gives a %$#@ about.

Uh no…..a point that GW1 HAD GVG. It had far more varities of PvP. You having issues with Lore is just you, no one in this thread is even discussing lore.

I did NOT say GW2 has nothing to do with GW1. Please read your own quote of my statement. GW2 has NOTHING to do with GUILD WARS, as in GUILDS FIGHTING GUILDS, as in GVG.

KISS

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

It’s called team queue….

But this is better, because even people without a guild can join up and play together….

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

The GvG scene has definitely dropped since it started, but it’s still alive, and one could say it actually competes with game modes anet supports and advertises. For ex: two big GvGs between the kings of EU and NA racked up nearly 1400 viewers on a stream, and that was unadvertised. A PvE tournament, which was advertised on the forum page by Anet, barely exceeded that if at all, in viewers. And PvE is supposed to be the most popular game mode… makes you think eh? Now i’m not saying GvG is or ever was the most popular thing to do in GW2, but what I am saying, is that even without anet’s support it can compete with things that anet advertises and pushes. Just imagine the GvG scene if anet actually supported it. I’m willing to bet that if anet actually focused on GvG and supported it, it could very well have been the most popular competitive game mode and the closest thing GW2 would ever get to an “esport”.

GvG was popular in Guild Wars 1.

If the creative geniuses that made GW2 had just followed in the footsteps of the people who made Guild Wars 1, how would we know what savants they are? Obviously they’re too good to copy anything from anyone, or take any suggestion from their community. Because they’ve avoided doing either of those things as much as humanly possible.

Unfortunately some of the greatest achievements are accomplished not by an individual, but by teams. I’m very much convinced that the death of GW2 was somebody’s enormous ego and need to have it validated.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

But…but…for GvG we’re gonna need GUILD CAPES……but they clearly said that guild capes are too hard to make in gw2 (Due to some clipping stuff i can’t remember) and we will never get them…you know it’s not like going to mars or bs like that…capes on characters are some serious business…

Clipping killed Capes…No Capes killed GvG…get over it

Not even considering those reterded (And ugly as kitten) flags pinned on your az ofc…

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: Skenderbeu.9102

Skenderbeu.9102

Guild Versus Guild could be added in form of battlegrounds for 10v10 20v20 30v30 40v40 50v50 and so on.
But, this would require design of new maps, with missions (such as take or return the flag) and a big space in the middle for fighting; not to mention design for guilds to challenge each other, and for officer to accept the challenge with selected members from guild.
The idea is easy. The design and programming is the hard part. And in the end the reward will be small because customers will not buy more items (except finishers) from Trading Post just because they have GvG.

Let them release it with an expansion I’d buy it for 60 dollars hands down as long as that gamemode is there =)

Little Krisi
WvW <3

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

Unfortunately some of the greatest achievements are accomplished not by an individual, but by teams. I’m very much convinced that the death of GW2 was somebody’s enormous ego and need to have it validated.

That could be a reason for the change in design philosophy but GW2 is neither dead nor dying, it’s a pretty successful 2nd year MMO. What’s dead is most of the support of the original GW1 player base who hoped to see some semblance of the game in GW2.

I really don’t have any good insight into the matter but I think it was more like a new group of developers who had different ideas about how the game should be and wanted to move forward with their own ideas. I also think it was probably a bit irresponsible to, while using the franchise name, deviate so much from the established game formula. However, what’s done is done and here we are. If GvG(as we know it from GW1, not this senseless royal rumble wrestlemania crap in WvW), can ever make sense in GW2 context then so be it, but until then expect something different.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

ryston.7640

I think Twitch statistics show it’s a pretty unsuccessful 2nd year MMO if the goal was, and I paraphrase the Devs, “To have AAA Esport PvP.”

Irresponsible seems a bit of an understament, I think they participated in false advertising. They clearly avoided communicating the fact that they were completely deviating from the established game formula, and even said they were sticking to it as a source of inspiration on occasion.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

This has probably been asked 100 times, but why no GvG yet ANet?

I even heard at some point that an ANet employee found 2 guilds doing GvG in the Obsidian Sanctum and told them to stop.

What’s up? It’s called GW for a reason no? :s I am very sad

Haven’t you noticed that WvW is super GvG?
WvW is a GvG on a much larger and grander scale than GW1 GvG ever was
In fact, GW1 GvG wasn’t really very GvG at all, it was simply an 8v8 lord kill match
~ Which we’ve already had on GW2 since day 1 release

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I even heard at some point that an ANet employee found 2 guilds doing GvG in the Obsidian Sanctum and told them to stop.

In fact, GW1 GvG wasn’t really very GvG at all, it was simply an 8v8 lord kill match

10 v 10

That’s what most of the well known GvG teams in NA started with. 15 became the norm after that.

personally I believe 10 v 10 is prolly the best number for this game due to gameplay mechanics

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

ryston.7640

WvWvW is too big, and involves seige equipment.

We’d like something sized right at about 8v8.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: Flyingepeto.1254

Flyingepeto.1254

If you played the original gvg in gw1 you would understand why we are asking for gvg on an instanced area and not wvw, the pvp in gw1 was brutal, teams were in combat for more than 30 minutes until someone made a crucial mistake, it was awsome, that doens’t happen in wvw there is too many stuff going on at the same time and any person can enter it, i’m talking about a good 8v8/ 6v6 (it’s not my function to choose the number) with side objectives in an instanced area and for guilds vs guilds only, it’s brutal and it’s epic

I would first like guild halls tough

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: Azo.5860

Azo.5860

What is large scaled grouping death match in obsidan sanctrum arena? We say it is gvg unofficially,

• it is escape from wvw which is chaotic place..
    - in terms of fair challenge as,
    o same player vs same player
    o no use of siege, weapon sigil stacks,
    o in limited area,
    o no pugs, blobbing, slackers, afk or upskilled players
    o one goal is outnumber others and kill,
    o no waypoint
    o no resing dead
    o rounds best of 9 7 5
    And all of them is for both teams..

And from my side i think most differences of gvg from tpvp is,
Have some siffer style/roles, as tpvp meta has, decapper, roamer bunker etc..
And most important think is the gvg is innovative because of them, where as gw2 has not other offical competitive than tpvp, excatly u dont need to be competitive player from gw1 who used to play various different competitive play and, has different meta role specs/styles than tpvp, gvg uses more holy trinity spec.. Has tpvp any fronline, midline, or backline/focus party etc.. ? Maybe the reason that largescaling is often +15 +20 players.. For efficienty which game mechanic include aoe and dodge system.. That it makes frontline(meleetrain) midline(peripheries staff ele necro etc) or backline(periphunters/harrassers thiefs dd eles or mesmers) roles/styles more importand.. And still gvg is not someting as end stage as tpvp, ( tpvp meta we already see often same things where as gvg still hasnt any offical perspective yet..)
And i think gvg has more active combat/action, and different sync, synergies and positioning..

Azolina – Mesmer
“There Is No Shame In Not Knowing; the Shame Lies In Not Finding Out.”

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

T raw.4658

GvG matches get more twitch viewers than tPvP tourney

The majority has already voted just anet being stubborn at this point

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

You really believe people want to see the current GvG where 20 ppl just running into each other and everwhere something explodes and you cant see sh*t?
GvG matches have like 300 viewers which tpvp tourney has less than that. Even the tpvp tourneys that aren’t that popular have more than the double of that.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

You really believe people want to see the current GvG where 20 ppl just running into each other and everwhere something explodes and you cant see sh*t?
GvG matches have like 300 viewers which tpvp tourney has less than that. Even the tpvp tourneys that aren’t that popular have more than the double of that.

No.

I believe people want to experience and play (and spectate) what GW1’s GvG had. It had objectives. The reason GW2’s current state of imposed GvG is lackluster is………there is no real objective. It’s just street fighting out of boredom.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

rumors say that we will be getting a new game mode this patch…
and there is a sentence that caught my eye:

We also looked to the most glorious place of all: the Hall of Heroes from the original Guild Wars. One of the key visuals from the Hall of Heroes is its majestic statues with ornate wings, which we decided to incorporate into our new armor sets.

so arenanet basically went into gw1 to look at stuff… my guess is we won’t get 2v2 3v3 ctf or something but a traditional gw1 game mode. maybe GvG maybe hall of heroes.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

ryston.7640

rumors say that we will be getting a new game mode this patch…
and there is a sentence that caught my eye:

We also looked to the most glorious place of all: the Hall of Heroes from the original Guild Wars. One of the key visuals from the Hall of Heroes is its majestic statues with ornate wings, which we decided to incorporate into our new armor sets.

so arenanet basically went into gw1 to look at stuff… my guess is we won’t get 2v2 3v3 ctf or something but a traditional gw1 game mode. maybe GvG maybe hall of heroes.

Ya or just a statue of dwayna.

Honestly even if they added a GW1 game mode, that game really took a turn for the wtf when they introduced assasins and the ‘teleportation’ mechanics.

Rather than learn from this anet just gave everybody a teleport mechanic and then took away cross-class because building unique strategies wasn’t fun and it was hard for the devs to…

thinking.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

try 1200 + viewers, if you’re going to try and argue against something, educate yourself on the matter first. Also keep in mind that GvG isn’t advertised or supported by anet and rakes in those viewers, whereas the Tpvp tournament has forum threads, live videos from anet discussing it, and links of the forum’s main page. Even if the tournament got more viewers it wasn’t that big a difference, especially considering how much support it receives from anet.

GvG in gw2 is the deathmatch battle people have wanted since beta, not some conquest garbage anet seems to think is an “esport”

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

(edited by warriorjrd.8695)

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

T raw.4658

I believe the Agg vs TA match had 2.5k viewers with all 3 servers queueing obsidian sanctum…so you were right in a sense because 300 ppl were in attendance

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Ristillath.6745

I believe the Agg vs TA match had 2.5k viewers with all 3 servers queueing obsidian sanctum…so you were right in a sense because 300 ppl were in attendance

Yeah you are right it’s the best to watch the current GvG and you can see everthing that happens when the 40 guys run into each other.
The only thing the matches get so many viewers is because a bunch of ppl are zerging around and like to see the teams that they get kitten from on the battlefield.
You can’t say it’s fun to watch it.
When it’s fun it’s only fun because you have a favour for one of the teams that are facing each other.
I watched a lot of GvG and even played some back in when RG was still there. It only was fun to watch because i kinda liked RG and hoped they win the matches and oc later on because of Sacrx’s commentaries.
But it wasn’t fun to watch because of the gameplay.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

warriorjrd.8695

Yeah you are right it’s the best to watch the current GvG and you can see everthing that happens when the 40 guys run into each other.
The only thing the matches get so many viewers is because a bunch of ppl are zerging around and like to see the teams that they get kitten d from on the battlefield.
When it’s fun it’s only fun because you have a favour for one of the teams that are facing each other.
I watched a lot of GvG and even played some back in when RG was still there. It only was fun to watch because i kinda liked RG and hoped they win the matches and oc later on because of Sacrx’s commentaries.

I disagree with you. I enjoy partaking in GvG’s and the more experience you have with them, the easier it is to understand what you watch resulting in it being more entertaining. I could say the exact same thing you did about tpvp, which just shows the whole thing is a matter of opinion.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Ristillath.6745

I disagree with you. I enjoy partaking in GvG’s and the more experience you have with them, the easier it is to understand what you watch resulting in it being more entertaining. I could say the exact same thing you did about tpvp, which just shows the whole thing is a matter of opinion.

Yeah oc you can see more if you are experienced with it.

But anyways it’s a lot easier to watch 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or even 5v5 in spvp than 20v20 in GvG

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

T raw.4658

The only thing the matches get so many viewers is because a bunch of ppl are zerging around and like to see the teams that they get kitten from on the battlefield.

I have zero problem following a GvG of any size and watch them all the time

And I don’t have a favorite team

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

If you played the original gvg in gw1 you would understand why we are asking for gvg on an instanced area and not wvw, the pvp in gw1 was brutal, teams were in combat for more than 30 minutes until someone made a crucial mistake, it was awsome, that doens’t happen in wvw there is too many stuff going on at the same time and any person can enter it, i’m talking about a good 8v8/ 6v6 (it’s not my function to choose the number) with side objectives in an instanced area and for guilds vs guilds only, it’s brutal and it’s epic

I would first like guild halls tough

I did play the original GvG in GW1
And the obvious fact of the matter is that those brutal elongated matches
Were only possible due to Monks

There are no Monks in GW2
A small 8v8 deathmatch is not going to play like you are hoping it will in GW2

A GvG match in GW2 is going to look exactly like Courtyard
You were already given that and it didn’t go over well

The game is based around respawning
It’s just different that the old GW1 dynamic

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

If I ever made a game I would not ignore an entire playerbase like this.
Its kittening deplorable.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

ryston.7640

Ya… I think anet owes me a refund and a nice BJ after kittening me and leaving me this unsatisfied.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

T raw.4658

Why do ppl think you need monks for GvG?

Water fields, ice fields, light fields, and current healing skills are more than adequate for GvG

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

i think this GvG issue could be solved by giving us a 10v10 map designed about deathmatch.

give each character a 1 extra life. when all players have had all their lifes taken ( res abiltys)
the team left standing wins.

if you die twice. ur out for the entire match.

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

deathmatch 10v10
everyone gets 2 lifes.

res ability like warbanner only effect 1 person. not 5.

kill each other until the team left standing wins.

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Archaon.9524

deathmatch 10v10
everyone gets 2 lifes.

10 celestial wars with banner gg

deathmatch with downed state will never work, let alone is not even close to what gvg is supposed to be… (GvG is not dat noskill zerg vs zerg pve heroes used to do in wvsw, that’s just an insult to pvp and even more to gw1’s gvg)

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Ristillath.6745

deathmatch 10v10
everyone gets 2 lifes.

deathmatch with downed state will never work, let alone is not even close to what gvg is supposed to be… (GvG is not dat noskill zerg vs zerg pve heroes used to do in wvsw, that’s just an insult to pvp and even more to gw1’s gvg)

^

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

T raw.4658

deathmatch 10v10
everyone gets 2 lifes.

You know prolly 95% of GvG players have done tPvP at one point in time. They still choose the unsupported no skill zerg game mode over it….why?

Why does this unsupported no skill zerg game mode command more audience/interest than sPvP?

Why is it to spark any semblance of interest in their precious sPvP do the dev’s bribe players with reward tracks?

Answer these questions while actually trying a GvG.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I don’t find 20v20 very watchable either, I’ve watched a 10v10 and still generally the Compositions remained the same, but it’s far more easier on the eyes to clearly see what was going on, that format also allows a bit more diversity with Compositions if people dare.

It does take alot of practice together so that your group’s cohesion and Build Synergy is right. Still, GvG is what I’d call organized TDM to avoid interruptions out on the open field, but it’s no where near to being game where there will be be a Competitive Scene that I’d take seriously, that is anywhere near being top level PvP with the Profession Balance Philosophy as it is.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Why does this unsupported no skill zerg game mode command more audience/interest than sPvP?

Why is it to spark any semblance of interest in their precious sPvP do the dev’s bribe players with reward tracks?

Answer these questions while actually trying a GvG.

Because it’s way easier than being good in tpvp, when you fight with 10-20 ppl personal skill and mistakes don’t matter that much…if you screw up in 5v5 you kitten your whole team. Most people just like to go easy mode without putting much effort and don’t want to take the long way starting from being ganked by better teams and slowly climbing up…going with other randoms were your role doesn’t count dat much and you can play bad and still win because of the mass it’s the first choice of most casual players…and more casuals are interested in it obviously.

Noone ever asked for reward tracks…but since they dumbed down ranks (and removed glory) in order to please pve heroes they probably wanted to give us something back, i’d rather have old rank progression (And 2kk of my rank points since they deleted all points after 1kk) back without pve crap as reward..anyday

Ark 2nd Account

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Ristillath.6745

So right now dF vs TUP is going on and they have like 50 viewers.
Stop talking to me kitten.

(edited by Ristillath.6745)

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

warriorjrd.8695

deathmatch 10v10
everyone gets 2 lifes.

Put a group together and fight one of these “no skill zerg v zerg” guilds in a 15v15, and after you’re done getting steamrolled, come back here and tell me how little skill you must have to not be able to beat those skilless “pve heroes”.

You have fun with your conquest game, that has more bunkering points than actual player killing, while I actually enjoy something that is closer to deathmatch. Tpvp is a joke when you think of what PvP means. It’s conquest, give me a deathmatch gamemode in heart of the mists, and maybe you could call that pvp. Right now it’s whoever gets knocked out of the circle and whoever runs to the points faster. Stop kidding yourself bud.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

warriorjrd.8695

Stop speaking to me kitten.

So now you are comparing a simple GvG to a massively advertised tournament? Wow, great logic dude. A better comparison to make would be that GvG compared to any Tpvp match going on at the same time, and have streamers from both. No advertising, and see how many people watch. I’m willing to bet the GvG would have roughly the same if not more viewers. Just because you don’t like GvG doesn’t mean it isn’t popular. You’re just making yourself look foolish now, so save yourself the trouble and stop.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Ristillath.6745

So now you are comparing a simple GvG to a massively advertised tournament? Wow, great logic dude. A better comparison to make would be that GvG compared to any Tpvp match going on at the same time, and have streamers from both. No advertising, and see how many people watch. I’m willing to bet the GvG would have roughly the same if not more viewers. Just because you don’t like GvG doesn’t mean it isn’t popular. You’re just making yourself look foolish now, so save yourself the trouble and stop.

Spvp streams hit 300 viewers quiete often even if they are just soloq’ing.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

(A) GvG means guild vs. guild, which can be done using any match type
(B) When you say you want GvG, what you really mean to say is you want 10v10
© 10v10 already happened with GW2 dynamic, it was called Courtyard

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

warriorjrd.8695

And a member in my guild gets around 150-200 average when we do our daily raids. GvG isn’t unpopular and can often times get more attention than Tpvp. Also keep in mind that tpvp has anet’s full support, so it’s only expected for it to receive more viewers. However when an unsupported game mode competes with a supported one, it should tell you something.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Posted by: Carbonize.1530

Carbonize.1530

I agree that people that want GvG should have it available to them. Maybe custom arena servers can serve a purpose for this if tweaked.

I disagree with it being viable as an e-sport. It is a casual play style and although people that put thought into will do better than people who don’t (obviously), it doesn’t change the fact that more people just dilutes the importance of each player( You can be hardcore about a casual thing).

Arguing about viewers is not apples to apples. GvG has viewers because everyone in their tier sees these large guilds running around and knows which to fight and which to avoid. You get your “guild” exposure to a much larger, but casual player base. It’s only natural for the casuals to hear there is a clash of two guilds they respect happening on twitch (or whatever) and come on over for a peak. However I can’t see that viewership growing much more than what it is. There isn’t a big upside because even compared to tpvp it is much harder to watch the blobiness of it all (I’ve watch a few). There are no individual plays or highlights, it’s as it is with most Group vs Group death matches. The first to land the first couple kills just keeps the snowball rolling.

Tpvp allows for individual plays, team comps, and synergistic opportunities. I know conquest isn’t for everyone and it isn’t without it’s flaws, however you need to consider more than just a “team fight at mid,” which makes it more nuanced and competitive. People always say that you just spam condi aoe on point with a couple bunkers and you win, but that’s not the case. The best team out there plays a movement based comp with 2 zerker classes for spike damage, they just out rotate the clunkier comps and do it well.

TLDR:
I agree both game modes should exist but believe A-net has chosen the more competitive of the two to back as an e-sport.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Ristillath.6745

And a member in my guild gets around 150-200 average when we do our daily raids. GvG isn’t unpopular and can often times get more attention than Tpvp. Also keep in mind that tpvp has anet’s full support, so it’s only expected for it to receive more viewers. However when an unsupported game mode competes with a supported one, it should tell you something.

If you are talking about Chem he does not get 300 viewers not even 150 he has an average of maybe 110-120.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Ristillath.6745

I agree that people that want GvG should have it available to them. Maybe custom arena servers can serve a purpose for this if tweaked.

I disagree with it being viable as an e-sport. It is a casual play style and although people that put thought into will do better than people who don’t (obviously), it doesn’t change the fact that more people just dilutes the importance of each player( You can be hardcore about a casual thing).

Arguing about viewers is not apples to apples. GvG has viewers because everyone in their tier sees these large guilds running around and knows which to fight and which to avoid. You get your “guild” exposure to a much larger, but casual player base. It’s only natural for the casuals to hear there is a clash of two guilds they respect happening on twitch (or whatever) and come on over for a peak. However I can’t see that viewership growing much more than what it is. There isn’t a big upside because even compared to tpvp it is much harder to watch the blobiness of it all (I’ve watch a few). There are no individual plays or highlights, it’s as it is with most Group vs Group death matches. The first to land the first couple kills just keeps the snowball rolling.

Tpvp allows for individual plays, team comps, and synergistic opportunities. I know conquest isn’t for everyone and it isn’t without it’s flaws, however you need to consider more than just a “team fight at mid,” which makes it more nuanced and competitive. People always say that you just spam condi aoe on point with a couple bunkers and you win, but that’s not the case. The best team out there plays a movement based comp with 2 zerker classes for spike damage, they just out rotate the clunkier comps and do it well.

TLDR:
I agree both game modes should exist but believe A-net has chosen the more competitive of the two to back as an e-sport.

^ I agree with everthing he said. I’m not saying GvG deserves no attention, but it’s not an esport and it will never be an esport.
Even if tpvp in GW2 will never be a real esport it has better chances than GvG.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

warriorjrd.8695

If you are talking about Chem he does not get 300 viewers not even 150 he has an average of maybe 110-120.

I didn’t say 300, but even your low number of 110-120 during raids, not even GvGs shows that it isn’t unpopular. You’re into thinking that if it isn’t the most popular game mode it therefore isn’t popular, which is wrong.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

Archaon.9524

deathmatch 10v10
everyone gets 2 lifes.

Put a group together and fight one of these “no skill zerg v zerg” guilds in a 15v15, and after you’re done getting steamrolled, come back here and tell me how little skill you must have to not be able to beat those skilless “pve heroes”.

You have fun with your conquest game, that has more bunkering points than actual player killing, while I actually enjoy something that is closer to deathmatch. Tpvp is a joke when you think of what PvP means. It’s conquest, give me a deathmatch gamemode in heart of the mists, and maybe you could call that pvp. Right now it’s whoever gets knocked out of the circle and whoever runs to the points faster. Stop kidding yourself bud.

already did for testing like one year ago since there were some ppl like "come for a 8v8 deathmatch and we will own you outside conquest mode… " and bs like that so…8 r50+ (Old rank system, r55 required same amount of points like 80 now) randomly picked up vs 8 ppl from a top sfr wvsw guild (So top guild from top server)…deathmatch at legacy graveyard…ended up with all wvsw guys stomped with our 10 guys all up, they didn’t even want to go for second try….i was on shatter mesmer at that time and they were attacking my clones rofl…nough said, without cakes and candies buffs and insane gear/level advantage fighting on same level where only skills matters they had no chance (I remeber they did all their might stacking blasting bs too before starting rofl) I can try to find the screens too if you want..on a 15vs15 with the coordination and focusing a team with high rank ppl would have pve guys would probably die not even knowing what happened…i already imagine 3-4 s/f eles on ts istantly bursting down 3-4 ppl…would be great fun

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

warriorjrd.8695

deathmatch 10v10
everyone gets 2 lifes.

already did for testing like one year ago since there were some ppl like "come for a 8v8 deathmatch and we will own you outside conquest mode… " and bs like that so…8 r50+ (Old rank system, r55 required same amount of points like 80 now) randomly picked up vs 8 ppl from a top sfr wvsw guild (So top guild from top server)…deathmatch at legacy graveyard…ended up with all wvsw guys stomped with our 10 guys all up, they didn’t even want to go for second try….i was on shatter mesmer at that time and they were attacking my clones rofl…nough said, without cakes and candies buffs and insane gear/level advantage fighting on same level where only skills matters they had no chance (I remeber they did all their might stacking blasting bs too before starting rofl) I can try to find the screens too if you want..on a 15vs15 with the coordination and focusing a team with high rank ppl would have pve guys would probably die not even knowing what happened…i already imagine 3-4 s/f eles on ts istantly bursting down 3-4 ppl…would be great fun

Lmfao. “top SFR wvw guild” “SFR top wvw server”. You really have no idea how wvw works do you? If you fought against SFR you most likely fought some T1 bads, as most of T1 is just blobbing bads. Try going to silver league or actually gold league now, where there are actually good guilds. Unless you fight a top guild you can’t say anything, and considering you fought against SFR one year ago, you couldn’t have fought a good guild.

Why no GvG ANet?

in PvP

ryston.7640

Kid at anet wanted to prove he was smart and could make game good without copying what worked for others, or listening to input from others.

But kid wasn’t smart, because letting others help is how one makes good, and kid should have known.

So now game bad.