Why no ingame leaderboard?

in PvP

Posted by: Nacht Fuchs.3762

Nacht Fuchs.3762

Q:

Could someone please explain me why we still don’t have this feature?

An ingame leaderboard with real-time actualization gives ppl the imediate information if a win was an easy or kittene.(Jesus textfilter)
The system as it is now can not even view individual game results….

comon Anet look at the GW1 ingame board and make it happen ASAP!

I know justin would love to make some nice stylish UI for that.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

There was no intake leaderboard for guild wars classic, and the one that existed was primarily for guilds.

There is a good reason why the rating and gains are not shown, it’s to prevent people from complaining that they are losing because of their teammates, so they verbally abuse the presumably lower rated players. This is exactly what happened when ranks used to show at the end of the match.

Also, this game does not charge a subscription. Every time that leaderboard updates, they are paying out of their own pockets for the bandwidth. I’m not saying they are losing money, but they lose significantly less if it updates once per hour instead of every minute.

in PvP

Nacht Fuchs.3762

Are we seriously talking about bandwidth? Then let’s only show your rank and the previous gained or lost points… tadaaa! Like GW1 i cannot mention it to many times!

And the flameing that happens now will not get more i guess if everyone’s rank updates after leaving the match will it?

(edited by Nacht Fuchs.3762)

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I would like to know this as well. all this info should be available in game.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I think because the leaderboard is not definitive, so it’s more easy to change a web frontend than an ingame leaderboard.

in PvP

Nacht Fuchs.3762

I really want to know if this is a planned feature of if my hopes are lost on this !