Why nobody talks in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

So yes. I kind of dont understand why all my attempts of communicating in PUG groups are hitting the wall. I am not even talking about hotjoin since I already accepted the fact that most players in hotjoin are just glory grinding zombies hunting to kill stuff that is red. But this also concerns PUG tPvP. No matter what I say, there is absolutely no response. I may ask and try to organize things. I may just try to chat asking people what build they use. I may be very polite, I may be rude and troll. No matter what I do, nobody cares to reply or react when I ask for things. I can play 10 matches with not a single line of chat appearing (other than occasional “gg”). I remember in other similar games the level of response was generally higher. Not all people cared but some did. In GW2 I can hardly find any and this is frustrating me to some point. Why GW2 is different?

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I’ve complained about this before: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/This-happens-when-you-Don-t-Communicate/first#post1836089

There are people who think that you can win a match with no strategy and that people should miraculously “understand their roles” without discussing it.

They spoil it for the rest of us who are not arrogant enough to think we can win on cruise control.

in PvP

Posted by: rarebo.1073

rarebo.1073

There just using tournaments the same way they do hot join. The only way it gets better is by increasing your rating and getting away from the …i dont know….tournament hot joiners…..

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

i used to try to talk, but i gave up because i kept getting no answear back

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

“A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.”

That’s why.

(just kidding)
There’s really no reason to “talk”, because sPvP is a glory farm zerg fest, therefore, no strategy involved…

in PvP

rarebo.1073

Why do people even farm glory..its almost worthless…have over 100 boosters last i looked..

Do people still think glory = rank ?

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Why do people even farm glory..its almost worthless…have over 100 boosters last i looked..

Do people still think glory = rank ?

Not just for that, of course. Is also fun testing some crazy totally non tPvP viable builds, plus it’s fun to test your skills in 2×1/3×1 situations.

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Actually I recall in World of Warcraft battlegrounds there was plenty of chatter although half of it was people complaining that their side was losing. Nonetheless it was really fun to read all the chat with or pertain to strategy or was just people having fun with each other. I don’t really see this in GW two and a makes all the players look like zombie minded glory farmers playing in their dark basements.

Maybe it’s something that their cartoonish graphics of World of Warcraft and its overall silliness that promotes this type of Jolly chatter. I also notice that it happened more on alliance that on the horde side.

Yeah the reason I don’t Dodge joins is really just for some random fun and or deftly be more fun if people would communicate more. I don’t even care if it’s not strategy talk but just people bashing each other and Internet humor.

in PvP

rarebo.1073

Well if there just solo joining tournys for a few hours, most of these player probably aint taking it too srs anyways and with the breaks in between likely do something else , browsing forums , smoking..etc

Thats what i’d put my money on.

Its a shame because its not really difficult to say i’ll go enemy home with +1 or whatever…

in PvP

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

if i get on tPvP nowadays, it’s mainly to get my daily done. if i don’t see the regulars on, i’ll solo q and i always say herro. go o/ and let them know where i’m headed first, or general streatgy. ic all out if i had 3 on me, so they can cap other points, call out where a the “zerg” is heading if i see it, etc..

most of the time people dno’t respond. though many a time, i see people react to what i type out. which is encouraging. if anything, at least i knew they were reading. and you’ll get the occasional miracle of having 3 matches in a row, all different teams, from what i could tell, all solo q’s, and all 3 times massive communication going on. did very well in all 3. : )) though nto to say communication = win. cause i’ve had matches where we did talk strat and got wiped. mayeb too much typing. lol i kid i kid.

i even talk in sPvP. is that taboo? lol

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

Well i can understand this problem in EU, since we have multi cultuer and no everybody can english.

Basicly you don’t have time do explain tactics to 5 ppl, because you don’t even know build of them. I miss function that you could ping you build in chat like in gw1.
This is action based pvp, so not everyone can play and type at once [like in good quake 2 times]

Personaly I never go alone to tpvp, min. with 4 ppl + TS.