Why not a beta for the Celestial Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: vier.1327

vier.1327

Why not?

The things have change since the beginning of HoT.

And the bunker meta builds are not so common now.

i sugest a beta to bring this amulet again, and, with this, all the celestial builds.

Do you think this change could destroy the meta? Or do you think it could be bad for the game?

Mejor músico de Bahia de Baruch.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

There’s a reason if there’s no more bunker builds: there’s no more bunker amulets

Add back the celestial amulet and every elementalist, ranger, warrior, mesmer and necromancers will turn back to that amulet in time zero, making the bunker era come again.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Hell to the no, no

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

560 of all stats is too power compared to 3 and 4 stat amulets, but if Celestial Amulet’s stats were lower, I think it could work. 425 of all stats would roughly match a 4 stat amulet. And 425 of toughness, vitality and healing power isn’t that powerful. They could bring the stats even lower even, like 400.

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

There’s a reason if there’s no more bunker builds: there’s no more bunker amulets

Add back the celestial amulet and every elementalist, ranger, warrior, mesmer and necromancers will turn back to that amulet in time zero, making the bunker era come again.

Most if not all of the skills that were used in the bunker meta were also nerfed, some of them nerfed hard. Bringing back celestial would make some builds tankier, but it wouldn’t be enough to bring back a bunker meta like S1 saw.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

no, celestial is cancer, having power + condi presure at the same time that healing power toughness etc etc is to strong for some clases like eles

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

no, celestial is cancer, having power + condi presure at the same time that healing power toughness etc etc is to strong for some clases like eles

ironically, celestial is the only good stat combination for an ele in pvp… everything else sucks or is a band aid.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I miss the cele amulet too, but I’m not sure if now is the right time to bring it back. I’m not against them trying it out internally. Or if they ever made test servers, but just bringing cele amulet back is not something I support.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

ironically, celestial is the only good stat combination for an ele in pvp… everything else sucks or is a band aid.

celestial makes op the ele cuz they have “4 weapon sets”(atunements) with a diferent role in every weapon they can use, ele need a rework on weapon sets making them more oriented to a purpouse and not being ever a jack of all trades, a set dps oriented(either in water) a set oriented to condis and a set oriented to bunkering like everyother class
other classes(except engi with kits9 cant xploit celestial at the same level cuz their weapon sets are more role oriented

(edited by megilandil.7506)

in PvP

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Big NO NO NO NO.

in PvP

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Nice try, Chaith alt account.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

It’s off season so why not just in unranked?

I think the total stats should be lowered to match 4 stat amulets though.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Don’t forget that before HoT, most OP builds use celestial amulet as well.

Remember shoutbow, cele ele and cele engi? They dominated PvP for quite a while.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Why not?

1. In the post-HoT incarnation, it had way too many total stats. If it did come back, the total stats would need reduced considerably. Before the trait re-work, trait lines had stats and amulets had less. Celestial was a percentage of those amulets. When stats were removed from trait lines, celestial maintained its percentage of the new higher stats. So celestial gained way more stats than non-celestial.

2. Pre-HoT, the issue was a handful of skills which were too strong.

3. Most forum posters don’t understand #1 and #2. They blame celestial amulet for their losses and troubles in PvP. And ANet tends to listen to people who shout really loud, even if there’s no logic to back them up.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

(edited by Exedore.6320)

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Celestial was a problem because it had more stats than other amulets (kind of like how 4-stat amulets have more than 3, but scaled a little higher), but the scaling was too high. Before scaling the stats to be too high, celestial had the same number of stats as other amulets and NEVER got taken.

Logic would suggest there is a point somewhere in the middle where celestial is usable but not OP for everyone.

Of course, celestial is semi-tanky, which might be too good on HoT specs that have tons of hard mitigation, but they would hit like a wet noodle. Honeslty, only something like ele, which relies on soft mitigation + healing should be able maximize celestial.

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

lock this thread.

I don’t want the cele meta back.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

I even used celestial amulet succesfully on necro lol. Basically all classes were able to use it effectively except thief, so claiming that only Ele used it is bs. I don’t want to see the amulet back in pvp. We need less can-do-it-alls instead of more. Implement more specialized amulets instead.

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

Why not?

The things have change since the beginning of HoT.

Yes, thngs have changed. If you hadn’t noticed already, most of the things that made cele OP haven’t got nerfed at all (Anet is only toying with amulets when it comes to pvp balance).

Actually, in many cases the healing power scaling was buffed (druid, mes, rev, probably others too), so Cele could be stronger than ever.