Why not balance every 2 weeks?

in PvP

Posted by: Jimmy.1476

Jimmy.1476

I dont understant why there is not small balance patch every 2 weeks? I dont mean only bug fixes, but small balance changes like a little increase/decrease damage,cd,cast times,cc durations on some skills.I think it will be better and not so much gamebreakeing like only 1 big balance patch every 3 months.

in PvP

Posted by: Nevarion.5283

Nevarion.5283

dude, devs are writting like 1-2 forum posts per week, and you want to make them to do 1 balance per 2 weeks? no way jose, i dont know what they doing, but man, its not going to happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

You mean like how some other successful esports games do things? What a crazy idea.

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

What a ridiculous idea.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

i legitimately cannot wait for the next cycle of “oh yeah big balance patches aren’t working out for us so we’re going to do small shaves frequently” then we wait for 2 months between ‘shaves’ while they announce the next “big balance patch”.

Like seriously guys its been a cycle of this since launch

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

This is something I have asked for going on THREE YEARS now.

Honestly, I don’t think A-Net has an excuse anymore. If they do, I’d love to hear it.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Honestly, I don’t think A-Net has an excuse anymore. If they do, I’d love to hear it.

too busy designing gem store fluff (and obviously spamming reddit with silly stuff), not enough people/time to actually work on game~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

That would make pvp less frustrating and more enjoyable to play. But that’s not esports is it?

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in PvP

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

They never had one in the first place. They’re always “too busy”.

in PvP

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

too busy designing gem store fluff (and obviously spamming reddit with silly stuff), not enough people/time to actually work on game~

Okay, I want them to balance the game more, too. But the people who designed gemstore items are not going to be the same people who work on game balance. I doubt they even have the same skillsets. Now, you could suppose that Anet gives one group more budget than the other, but to say that the people designing gemstore items should instead be working on balancing is silly. And would probably make the game worse.

But for reals, we need more frequent balancing for PvP.

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Too much work.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in PvP

Posted by: DeusVI.7942

DeusVI.7942

r u crazy? r u outta ya mind?

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Hold on a minute guys, we’re still waiting to see how this meta is going to pan out.
~Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I dont understant why there is not small balance patch every 2 weeks? I dont mean only bug fixes, but small balance changes like a little increase/decrease damage,cd,cast times,cc durations on some skills.I think it will be better and not so much gamebreakeing like only 1 big balance patch every 3 months.

Because game balance isn’t just throwing darts at a dart board. Balance decisions can only be made once they have a large body of evidence obtained from long term monitoring of the live game. Games are balanced from metrics, and accurate metrics require time.

Throwing out rebalances rapidly would result in a ton of kneejerk changes that would likely make the game worse.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Hold on a minute guys, we’re still waiting to see how this meta is going to pan out.
~Anet.

Well lets see, the first thing people jumped on after HoT launched was druids. Then a few weeks later everyone was complaining about Dragonhunters, and then a few weeks later it was reapers, and then a few weeks later it’s revenants, and a while after that it was chronobunker, and nowadays it’s tempests.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: zeref.5983

zeref.5983

please be realistic guys

in PvP

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

~Anet.

Well lets see, the first thing people jumped on after HoT launched was druids. Then a few weeks later everyone was complaining about Dragonhunters, and then a few weeks later it was reapers, and then a few weeks later it’s revenants, and a while after that it was chronobunker, and nowadays it’s tempests.

That’s wrong. Druids weren’t the first thing people hated on because the spec was gutted just before launch, with AF taking 60 seconds or more to build up and draining completely within 2 seconds of leaving combat. It was chrono, reaper, herald, scrapper, and dragonhunter when HoT hit, then druid after they fixed that. Then the bunker meta hit, and it’s been chronomancer (which is still extremely strong post nerf), tempest, scrapper, herald and druid. Reaper is strong against most things, but gets shut down hard by diamond skin.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Presumably because the company is a bureaucratic mess.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

You asking devs to actually spend time on their work? How dare you. Ban this dude, on pal with him!

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

You must be new here.

in PvP

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

We used to have big balances patches every six months, with almost no changes in between.
I love that they now take care of bugs, instead of just always hiding them under shinies elsewhere.
They already came a long way, and making balances on bugs is not the way I hope they would take.
I wonder what those “unnamed awesome e-sport games” who do better are really doing. I guess they do have their downsides, like LoL, that changes so much that what was great yesterday is garbage the next day? or are they unidimentional games that are way less interactive than GW2 is? If there was such an “awesome” game, then why not just go there?

I want to thank Anet Devs for their dedication, for looking at incredible amouts of codes to try and correct what went wrong.

Maybe the ones who are so sour and salty should take a GW break, and just focus on those games they find so great…

in PvP

Posted by: WuGzaGenius.5684

WuGzaGenius.5684

dude, devs are writting like 1-2 forum posts per week, and you want to make them to do 1 balance per 2 weeks? no way jose, i dont know what they doing, but man, its not going to happen.

If only, if only, the woodpecker sighed… the bark on the trees was as soft as the skies….

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

During GW1’s golden age, every new month was something to look for with enthusiasm, because you knew they would bring you a whole new batch of updated skills.

It wasn’t perfect mind you, although it wasn’t the Izzy’s dartboard people liked to call it either, but it was alive. Every month something renewed to look for, think about and fight with.

Since the very, very beginning of GW2 it’s just stale. Waiting six months for critical tweaks once because something hot is cooking, alright. And then you realize it’s the actual balance rythm – not even renewal, BALANCE.

So what happens, people leave, come back months later. Meanwhile the game is like a wasteland where big portions of the player base succeed to one another like swarms of migrating locusts.
There’s no sense of community (or at such a small scale it doesn’t matter), no continuity, no iconic guilds/players (spare me pegi 12 helseth thanks) people will remember in the next few years because the ones who are worth it don’t even have a decent roster of opposing teams to build the legend.

Such a slow rythm was a horrible idea from the start, but it seems economically it makes more sense for them to continously refresh their player base at the loss of current customers, it has been proven times and times again.
I don’t know. But financially they probably know better than all of us.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You think they can go from balancing twice a year to once every two weeks? That’s pretty unrealistic.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Have you seen AN ET leadership? They actually think that a feature release in HoT was a balance patch. If they don’t know the difference between new features and balance, what makes you think they’d know what to balance every two weeks anyway?

That said, they do need more frequent balance updates with people who actually understand the classes making some decisions.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

There is no balance because there is no balance team. Duh.