Why oh Why

Why oh Why

in PvP

Posted by: Dealta Vortex.7610

Dealta Vortex.7610

Why am I being punished for not being able to carry the lower random team mates I get? I win like 6 mmr and lose 20.

Why oh Why

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Because team game and no mortal has been able to create a MMR system that can deal with individuals bringing teams down (or up).

Why oh Why

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

That’s a team based game and we can’t make a team to play with. That’s the reason of every sPvP problem.

Force players to do teams to enter ranked and they will do teams to do ranked, balancing the game easy and fast.

Why oh Why

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

That’s a team based game and we can’t make a team to play with. That’s the reason of every sPvP problem.

Force players to do teams to enter ranked and they will do teams to do ranked, balancing the game easy and fast.

As long as it’s strictly team vs team. It was solos vs team at one point and that was even worse than we currently have. I’ve always said that there should be solo players as one queue and then 2-4 as another queue and then 5v5 only as a third. 5 player teams never fight 4+1 player teams, but that queue has the best rewards because the queues will likely be longer and the games harder because you’re going against organized teams. If a team of 4 or two teams of 2 players queue up, then the most suitable player from SoloQ is put onto that team, and that is the only exception where a SoloQ player would be put into a more organized game . 4+1 vs 3+2 should be fairly even overall. If at all possible, the matchmaking algorithm should try to prevent these kind of games though, especially a 2+2+1 vs 4+1 game. Only when there are simply not enough players online should games like those be possible. And don’t kitten anyone by saying that 2+2+1 vs 4+1 would be fair when the +1 on the double duo team has a higher MMR than the +1 on the other team. That person will either do nothing useful or just carry the whole team. Nothing fair about that.

Why oh Why

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

well there are some options.
Pure solo Q + class lock on Q + narrow down MMR diffrence to somethign like max 200 (even if Q time for higer ranks will get crazy out of peak times).

Or bring back 5 man premade Q. (mixing with solo will get ranting).

Or make new game modes for smaller teams like 3:3 which is much easier to build than full 5 man.

What we have now is more inacurate in measuring personal MMR and going for wide spread MMR diffrence results in blowouts.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

Why oh Why

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

As long as it’s strictly team vs team. It was solos vs team at one point and that was even worse than we currently have. I’ve always said that there should be solo players as one queue and then 2-4 as another queue and then 5v5 only as a third. 5 player teams never fight 4+1 player teams, but that queue has the best rewards because the queues will likely be longer and the games harder because you’re going against organized teams. If a team of 4 or two teams of 2 players queue up, then the most suitable player from SoloQ is put onto that team, and that is the only exception where a SoloQ player would be put into a more organized game . 4+1 vs 3+2 should be fairly even overall. If at all possible, the matchmaking algorithm should try to prevent these kind of games though, especially a 2+2+1 vs 4+1 game. Only when there are simply not enough players online should games like those be possible. And don’t kitten anyone by saying that 2+2+1 vs 4+1 would be fair when the +1 on the double duo team has a higher MMR than the +1 on the other team. That person will either do nothing useful or just carry the whole team. Nothing fair about that.

What I was talking about is Not turn back to the old queue system.

I was talking about something like “go 5 or go home”.

If you’re forced to be in 5 to Join a Ranked you have to use LFG to make a team. That will make you able to chose who play with you, your class composition and your strategy. You can make a Plan of Actions Before queue for the match, granting you the chance to have all the different classes you want and all the Rating you need.

The queue can be divided by Ranks, a little like in Fractals, and the higher rank in the team will determinate the level of your team. You will fight players of your same rank (bronze, silver, gold, platinum, legendary), with only few situations where you fight teams of higher or lower rank.

It’s a rework that can work.

The actual queue system work for players too lazy to make a team and that like to cry about the MM system because is the cause of all your problems. “I was good, but they was of platinum!” or “I was paired with silver ranks while I’m platinum!”, things like that.

If you make your own team and match by match change the players that you think aren’t good enough for you, you’ll be able to play with your own team.
If you’re in a sPvP guild, you’ll be able to play with your friends.
If you have Friends (and looking to the last vote for the Queue system only few players have friends) you can play with them.

Why oh Why

in PvP

Posted by: Khaoscell.3641

Khaoscell.3641

Chances are like most players your over estimating skill or misreading games. Everyone complains about matchmaking but most ppl are playing with others around their skill lvl and even out in MMR where they should be after enough games

Why oh Why

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Why am I being punished for not being able to carry the lower random team mates I get? I win like 6 mmr and lose 20.

What is your rating? If you are towards the top of the ladder this is what will happen. If you are in the middle, it means you are always getting queued against a team that is rated lower than you.

Why oh Why

in PvP

Posted by: Eagelseye.6312

Eagelseye.6312

This is the most logical and well structured PvP post I ever read since I play this game. Hopefully the developer act sensible soon…

PvP mail DH and Thief, PvE main Staff Tempest/Druid/PS

Why oh Why

in PvP

Dealta Vortex.7610

What is your rating? If you are towards the top of the ladder this is what will happen. If you are in the middle, it means you are always getting queued against a team that is rated lower than you.

My MMR is 1610 atm.

Why oh Why

in PvP

Dealta Vortex.7610

Chances are like most players your over estimating skill or misreading games. Everyone complains about matchmaking but most ppl are playing with others around their skill lvl and even out in MMR where they should be after enough games

Don’t worry, I have 115 games atm. I know my abilities and when it’s my fault. Every season, I’m win > lose by 20-35 games. I know the players who aren’t in my mmr because I played enough to know the better players. I’m wondering why I have to tank 20 mmr in the event the gold on my team loses while my gold team loses 8-12 at best. And if I were to win, I gain 8 as opposed to my gold team mate winning 15-20.