Why people are so hostile towards necro

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

I used to main my guardian (stopped playing +8 months ago, started to play again recently) and everything seems pretty the same.
However, i started playing the worst class (necro) with the worst specialization (minion mancer) and it is like 24/7 hateful comments from other players. Oh, and this happens in unranked, so it seems like a problem.
Why are people so negative even in unranked?

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: creature.5120

creature.5120

Its not cause of nec its cause of minion mancer.
this spec is completly uselss :/

Créature – Dr00d, Nebulâk – Nec
Kämpfe stehts fanatisch, denn du bist ein Menschenjäger!

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Well, tab-ing minion after minion before you finally target a necro or another opponent makes people crazy

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Necro has a ridiculously strong condi burst.. a near one-shot kill. I’ll target a necro before almost anything else. ( Though, p/p thieves are really annoying too . )

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

People hate necros because they’re the worst class in sPvP and think that you will make them lose, because the MM is the worst build for necromancers in sPvP, because you’re supposed to be a boon corruption spammer and if you don’t corrupt you’re “useless” and because people hate when you play with something that is not and Active skill (minions, turrets, traps, things that kills you while the enemy watch doing nothing).

Also, the hate toward necromancers will never end.
You’re weak and inconvenient for buth your team and your enemies.

Also, when a necromancer kill someone the hate grow and grow just because the necro can’t be able kill someone.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Because in reality they are scared of what Scourge is going to bring and they are trying to psyche you out so you dont play it and lose.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: Jugnificent.2061

Jugnificent.2061

I actually see less hate on my necro these days. It used to be that it there were two necros on a team people would insist that one should change but I haven’t seen much of that lately. Minion necro isn’t a great or popular build, but in unranked I think you should be able to run what you want and experiment with builds. If they want to get annoying about it just block them. A further aside about minionmancers: they are viewed as weak because the pets tend to die fast if you are in big fights, but necros tend to fare poorly in. 1v1 situations.

Floopster
Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I have yet to see a good MM Necro in arenas. Also, moa from engi or Mesmer will make you pretty useless.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

War is the worst class… minion mancer is just a noob build, sorta like power ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Necro rely on teammates to play properly. If they think necro is bad on their team, then they themselves are the problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

War is the worst class… minion mancer is just a noob build, sorta like power ranger.

I love my power druid, and I don’t care if you think it is a “noob” build.

in PvP

Posted by: andrenaline.4286

andrenaline.4286

I do played almost all of the necro builds. I played mostly Corruption Mancer. But this photos are made with Minion Mancer and I can bravely say it still worth and its pretty strong and tanky with a decent team or even with a bad one.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Minion Master is one of the very few builds a Greatsword Power Reaper hardcounters.

That irony….

Besides that: Minion Master is trash! Don’t play it in ranked!

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I do played almost all of the necro builds. I played mostly Corruption Mancer. But this photos are made with Minion Mancer and I can bravely say it still worth and its pretty strong and tanky with a decent team or even with a bad one.

My Menders transfusion necro gets quite a bit of rage too…..

“WHERE IS YOUR DPS” lmao

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

@sephiroth, why not just play ele then? For the same support role, you’d bring a LOT more to the table with an ele than a funky necro build that doesn’t do anything well. The necro’s one and only role is to boon corrupt and spam condis and it does it VERY well. For that reason alone, you see it used in most coordinated teams.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

@sephiroth, why not just play ele then? For the same support role, you’d bring a LOT more to the table with an ele than a funky necro build that doesn’t do anything well. The necro’s one and only role is to boon corrupt and spam condis and it does it VERY well. For that reason alone, you see it used in most coordinated teams.

That build IS boon corruption.

I don’t play for higher leaderboards positions, I just play for fun. Challenges to me are fun, so using builds that require you to be skillful rather than the build carrying me is a lot more fun. It feels good when your team is alive because you played a menders necro well, or when you nuke a point continuously with marauder fire/air/temp ele (switch the roles up a bit, pic at bottom) The saves you can do with transfusion too are tide turning, teleporting downs off point and behind walls for easy rez.

I’m only gold but my rank builds that have me here are:
Menders Transfusion Necro
Marauder fire/air lightning rod Staff Ele
Diviner Shout Guard
Diviner Spirit Ranger
Wanderers/Sage trap/bleed stacking shortbow druid.
Menders I don’t know what build (bow of truth, protective shelter and healing ult signet——-somehow it works)
Sage burn/bleed D/D Ele
Menders Lightning Rod staff Ele if I lose 2 games in a row to get my 2 wins back.

Probably all considered useless but all fun to me in the end and with PoF coming, I’m sure none of this will matter anymore with all the new builds about to come out.

Attachments:

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Necro has a ridiculously strong condi burst.. a near one-shot kill. I’ll target a necro before almost anything else. ( Though, p/p thieves are really annoying too . )

tbh you DONT target a Necro cause of the burst it can do, you and everyone else & there mother targets the Necro cause you KNOW he has no disengage.

tell the fncg truth for once

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

That build IS boon corruption.

I don’t play for higher leaderboards positions, I just play for fun. Challenges to me are fun, so using builds that require you to be skillful rather than the build carrying me is a lot more fun. It feels good when your team is alive because you played a menders necro well, or when you nuke a point continuously with marauder fire/air/temp ele (switch the roles up a bit, pic at bottom) The saves you can do with transfusion too are tide turning, teleporting downs off point and behind walls for easy rez.

I’m only gold but my rank builds that have me here are:
Menders Transfusion Necro
Marauder fire/air lightning rod Staff Ele
Diviner Shout Guard
Diviner Spirit Ranger
Wanderers/Sage trap/bleed stacking shortbow druid.
Menders I don’t know what build (bow of truth, protective shelter and healing ult signet——-somehow it works)
Sage burn/bleed D/D Ele
Menders Lightning Rod staff Ele if I lose 2 games in a row to get my 2 wins back.

Probably all considered useless but all fun to me in the end and with PoF coming, I’m sure none of this will matter anymore with all the new builds about to come out.

I really like your mentality, people forget to play for fun. I understand performance and wins are what is fun for some people, but trash talking and being toxic towards others who don’t run copy/paste meta builds even before the match starts is what ruins most games in my opinion. People are so sure they’ll lose they tend to make it happen to justify their ranting, even unconsciously. And you have to work twice harder to prove them wrong. Even if you carry/win, no words of apology whatsoever. No one dies at the end of the game, people should really chill out a bit. And stop being spoiled kids.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

“WHERE IS YOUR DPS” lmao

Bloody Mender Reaper meta incoming.

Attachments:

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

“WHERE IS YOUR DPS” lmao

Bloody Mender Reaper meta incoming.

Aaaayyyyyeeee Looks like you got the build lmao

….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Yeah, even if i love playing with minions, it seems that’s not the option. It is just too bad that necromancer never was viable for pvp.
Though, after some research i built support necromancer and now i get less hate for playing the worst class.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: andrenaline.4286

andrenaline.4286

Well with the stupid traps of Dragon Hunter and the ridiculous AOE of the Berserker your minions will get oneshoted in a long cd and you ll be rekt any soon. But you see Corruption master is very viable and strong

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I’m guessing people are upset because they feel as though you are handicapping the team by playing a minion master build which, if you are playing against competent players, is true. It’s great that people want to play fun and unusual builds, but don’t go into ranked with some minion master or transfusion necro and act all surprised that someone is upset about you gimping the team.

Now there are exceptions of course. If you are playing in unranked then screw those guys complaining about your build, it’s unranked, none of it matters. If they wanted to get serious about an unranked match, they could have easily made a team to queue with. Also, if you are in gold or below and ok with that, forget what others are saying about your build. It’s not like those other gold and below players on your team are any better or else they wouldn’t be stuck with such a low rank.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

I’m guessing people are upset because they feel as though you are handicapping the team by playing a minion master build which, if you are playing against competent players, is true. It’s great that people want to play fun and unusual builds, but don’t go into ranked with some minion master or transfusion necro and act all surprised that someone is upset about you gimping the team.

Now there are exceptions of course. If you are playing in unranked then screw those guys complaining about your build, it’s unranked, none of it matters. If they wanted to get serious about an unranked match, they could have easily made a team to queue with. Also, if you are in gold or below and ok with that, forget what others are saying about your build. It’s not like those other gold and below players on your team are any better or else they wouldn’t be stuck with such a low rank.

The title of this thread should be

“Why people are so hostile towards people who run useless builds in PvP”

This isn’t a necro problem, if you run a bad build regardless of the class , people will call you out and let you know about it.

Of course, this is an extremely toxic community so you’ll probably get called out for just about anything really.

This post to me seems like it’s just bait to try and say necros in general are bad, but they’re not that bad and the point was an entire miss and ultimately makes no sense because the OP is making a common sense statement.

It’s common sense to know that if you run a below par build regardless of class, you accept those consequences of being called out for it regardless of how fun it is.

Sorry, that’s Gw2 Pvp though in a nutshell and you’ll get that criticism in just about any competitively PvP oriented game doing this.

Tanbin

in PvP

Posted by: Jugnificent.2061

Jugnificent.2061

The OP said this was in unranked. There’s no justification for flaming someone for running any build in unranked.

Floopster
Tarnished Coast