Why pvp is annoying? Finding the reasons...

in PvP

Posted by: Anabol.4965

Anabol.4965

My english isn’t perfect, but i hope u will understand me =)
That’s my 5 cents.
The most amount of QQ treads on this forum is not about balance in the game, couz if u read this forum u will find that every class is OP, which is impossible, but why do ppl whine then? Becouz some mechanics in the game just annoying. I can find this annoying mechanics in every profession in the game:
Evade Thief - annoying spaming 33333 (dont say anything, thiefs almost have no option )
Turret Engi - annoying no skill AI build( rly just summon and watch, should it be funny?)
Staff(d/d) Ele - ridiculous healing and ability to kill via the pirate rune and/or might stacking (spam every ability and somehow u’re still able to win)
MM necro - again summon and watch
Condi necro - fearchains are too long, ofc it will kitten ppl off.
Power necro - ulting and spamming 111 rly needs skill.
Spirit ranger - again spam 11111 and u will stack burning, bleeding, buff yourself with protection ( only 1 ability and so many bonuses)
Rangers with birds - again summon and watch
Support Guardians - rly ok, i dont know anyone who says that guardians are anoying.
Bers Guardians - maybe to high damage but still it’s not summon to win or spam to win, thats why it’s not kitten ppl off.
PU/Fantasm Mesmers- summon and watch again
Axe/sword Warrior- again noskill, damage is ridiculous u can kill only landing impale and pin down …rly? Anet u made 10-20 OP abilities and 9999 useless…
Shatter Mesmers- before i create this tread i tryed to play this one, i always thought that mesmer is not balanced (weak), couz all mesmerz whine so hard, but u know the most balanced one is mesmer, there is NO ABILITY which is OP and it’s like high risk/high reward as it should be u can deal big amount of damage and die fast as it SHOULD BE.

So we have 2 main way to win:
- Spam to win
- Summon to win
Where is skill? it’s e-sport (some ppl belive xD) where’s it hiding? The game literely make you to play “EZ to master” builds couz it effective and LESS PUNISHING!!!
I understand that should be a proffesion which is easy to play for new players, but why u think all proffesions should be noskilled.

My opinion why meta is annoying now:
- It’s supossed to be High risk/High reward, Low risk/Low reward. Now it’s more like Low risk(norisk)/High reward. Even my dog can play turret engi…
- Dont make 2-3 abilities much stronger than another couz random evades will kill the game (example: bow on the warrior. Pin Down aplly immob and 6 stacks of bleeding, split immob and bleed, why 1 move should aplly 2 strong conditions???)
-Buff some useless utility abilities, there are so many of them which is not usefull at all… it will deversify builds and change the meta.
- 25 stacks of might. It’s too. The reason why u can be tough and deal damage is might stacking. Lower it to 10-15. If u glass canon u can deal so much damage even with 10 stacks. If u’r tough u should not deal much damage at all!
-Cleansing-conditin apllication. Too easy to aplly to easy to cleanse it. Lower the quantity of condition apllying abilities( couz every single ability apply condi…) and make cleansing punishing. Why? Couz counter to direct damage are evades, conter to condi damage are evades and cleansing. That will make ppl to applicate condies smart and consider the cleansing.

I know it’s not easy to make some changes ( proggraming etc. dont understand it at all) BUT there are some things u can improve right now and it should not to be difficult.

• 2 minuts of waiting at the start of every match. Is it neccesery? it’s too long 1 min could be OK.
  • LB. The source of rage for many ppl. Soloq and LB not warking together, u should add some conditions when losing doesnt affect on LB, so ppl instead of rage will try to fit this condition, and it will encourage them to play better. My proposal – If the game finishes and the player on the defeated team who had the most kills/revives on his team, the loose will not affect his place on LB.( couz he tryed xD)
  • Community is too small, couz farming > PVPing. I tryed to farm on Pav, and u know 1 hour of farming~10 gold chest~13golds. 1 Hour of PVPing ~ 4-5 wins~ 5×30 silvers= 1.5 golds. Why should i play pvp? Couz it’s FUN?? Spaming is not fun, ppl do it on pve and it’s more rewarding on pve. If u cant change spamming mechanics on pvp then make it as rewarding as PVE.

Havent finished but i’m tiered

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

To be really good at PvP you have to have a LOT of knowledge of each other class and build that you are likely to meet in battle.

Then, you have to be able to KNOW how they are likely to play so you can ANTICIPATE an attack and counter it. For every one of them.

You need fast reflexes to dodge. And you cannot dodge constantly, so you have to save them until you know the attack is coming, by instantly reading the animation.

It’s NOT easy.

Those who boast that is is easy are usually just yelling “I am GREAT and you are not!” in another way.

Or, they are so clueless that they have no idea the level at which some classes can be played.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

dude you complain about almost every single spec. i understand some concerns but not everything you listed is op lol.

spam111 power necro made me laught. 1st if you spam 111 you will die to almost every competent player and 2nd why would you use other skills more when dagger1
and deathshroud1 are your main damage skills?

axe warriors cant kill with only impale and pin down. use cleanses.. more important about this build is 24k hp 3k armor and 10k eviscerates on cloth armor.

birds/mm/turrets – welcome to gw2 pvp

s/d acro thief most proken spec right now

fear necro is weak IF you have cleanses/stunbreaks/stability. overall necro is weaker than most classes.

spirit ranger is underperforming against other classes. doesnt mean its a skillful build.

support guardians one of the most op builds in this game. what doesnt kill doesnt bother right?

if you have problems against staff eles im sorry for you. #1 squishy in the whole game.

pu mesmers are op because of a different reason than spam and watch, namely PU. just kill phantasm mesmers.. as their name indicates, phantasms are their main damage source.

d/d ele is only strong because of the might stacking and the burning damage. the healing is fine, they dont bring a lot of armor.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Anabol.4965

dude you complain about almost every single spec. i understand some concerns but not everything you listed is op lol.

spam111 power necro made me laught. 1st if you spam 111 you will die to almost every competent player and 2nd why would you use other skills more when dagger1

axe warriors cant kill with only impale and pin down. use cleanses.. more important about this build is 24k hp 3k armor and 10k eviscerates on cloth armor.

fear necro is weak IF you have cleanses/stunbreaks/stability. overall necro is weaker than most classes.

spirit ranger is underperforming against other classes. doesnt mean its a skillful build.

support guardians one of the most op builds in this game. what doesnt kill doesnt bother right?

if you have problems against staff eles im sorry for you. #1 squishy in the whole game.

pu mesmers are op because of a different reason than spam and watch, namely PU. just kill phantasm mesmers.. as their name indicates, phantasms are their main damage source.

d/d ele is only strong because of the might stacking and the burning damage. the healing is fine, they dont bring a lot of armor.

Hey, thx for ur answer.
1st of all dont watch only from ur point of view, i can whine only on necros as an engi and that’s all. I wanted to bring u reason why some ppl have problems in the game and rage. I wanted to show how annoying some builds can be for another proffs.
And ye that’s not qq tread, i just want to show what’s wrong in the game. I dont whine i just listed current most played builds.

(edited by Anabol.4965)

in PvP

Anabol.4965

PPL read carefully plz couz as i see u dont understand what i want to say

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

We do understand. But you can’t make a thread saying all this kitten and not expect people to think you don’t mean it because you do but you are attempting to qq while saying it’s not really qqing. … kind of hilarious really.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: thechamp.3092

thechamp.3092

Anabolly?

Shad

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Anabolly.

Bullet Punch

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

He has mentioned a lot of things that are annoying, so let’s keep it real. Even when I play full glass warrior/axe I don’t achieve 10K eviscerates whilst having 24K health and 3K toughness. Please don’t over exaggerate the facts. I have hit 9.8K evis on thief and ele’s, yet at the same time I have also only hit 3.8K hits on necro’s that are tanked out. The ability to hit a 10K+ is more dependent on how low toughness they have and vulnerability. A full glass canon warrior has 18K health 2.1K toughness, no cleansing power at all apart from generosity (Which now takes away from being FULL glass.)

I have made a post about this issue already and agree ele water line healing scaling is exaggerated for a weapon skill. The amount of spawn on hit pets with 16K health, 30% evade and 2.5K crits is getting over bearing. A fire elemental, a minor elemental and bird, or Ranger pet such as spider that stands at range, a bird and a melee ranger using evades under minds anet “visual based game” One cannot watch three things at once, especially thru the obscene particle. They have a serious point, the annoy factor currently in game makes PvP something to be endured, rather than enjoyed.

in PvP

Posted by: Anhomedog.7968

Anhomedog.7968

Well honestly half the classes that you just made the description of, arent spam, or summon and watch.
Evade Thief: Yes does seem to spam 3, but they also have to get into the mix of a fight with full zerk and about 14k health, it’s harder than you would think

Turret Engi: Lots of blasts and such in order to stay alive…yes one of the more easy classes, but still

Staff (D/D) Ele: Have you noticed that ele’s are in fact light armor and have the lowest health pool? Yes we can heal a lot, but our health and survival is almost dependent on the fact that we can heal that much in order to stay alive anyway. It’s also not skill spam..try placing something strategically in order to just do damage in the first place. Staff ele’s get my full respect if they are able to stay alive knowing they have 10k health, and full zerk…Nuff Said

MM Necro: Yeah your description is right

Condu Necro: Description is right again:D

Power Necro: 3 in a row!

Spirit Ranger: 4?

Ranger’s with birds: Yeah right

Support guardians: Quite a bit of heals along with a ton of dmg, and yes… they are REALLY annoying.

Zerk Guard: Ton of dmg, along with the spam of the 3 ability I think it is? But what do you expect aye? Use what you have.

PU Mes: What are you summoning to win? Yes illusions and such, but Idk if its just me, but when I played PU for a short time, I was a Shatter / PU hybrid, so its not summon and watch.

Axe/Sword Warrior: Though it doesnt take much skill, if you have condi clear this build sucks…Ele’s FTW!

Shatter Mesmers: Pretty much right, although the burst is crazy, it’s very easy to stun break when you see the 5 ability go off. So in other words it CAN be difficult to land your burst, but still.

If anything the least OP class is Guardian IMO. Although the damage is really high the health is quite low, and once you have wasted your CDs you have to wait again to do any kind of significant damage.

Also, people use meta builds because they are easy…Why play a hard build when your opponents are using the easy ones?

In my opinion, you just need to try out more classes because not all of these classes that you think are “Oh so easy”, really aren’t.

Ride the Lightning: Movement speed adjustments
no longer affect the intended travel distance.
-The Pros at ANET

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Hey, thx for ur answer.
1st of all dont watch only from ur point of view, i can whine only on necros as an engi and that’s all. I wanted to bring u reason why some ppl have problems in the game and rage. I wanted to show how annoying some builds can be for another proffs.
And ye that’s not qq tread, i just want to show what’s wrong in the game. I dont whine i just listed current most played builds.

These aren’t reasons why some people have problems in the game. These are the reasons you have problems in the game. It’s entirely your opinion, and I disagree with it.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Power necro – ulting and spamming 111 rly needs skill.
Try playing power necro.. see how long you survive pressing 1.

I do agree with the rest, except maybe with guardians not being annoying with their 1 second revive.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

He has mentioned a lot of things that are annoying, so let’s keep it real. Even when I play full glass warrior/axe I don’t achieve 10K eviscerates whilst having 24K health and 3K toughness. Please don’t over exaggerate the facts. I have hit 9.8K evis on thief and ele’s, yet at the same time I have also only hit 3.8K hits on necro’s that are tanked out. The ability to hit a 10K+ is more dependent on how low toughness they have and vulnerability. A full glass canon warrior has 18K health 2.1K toughness, no cleansing power at all apart from generosity (Which now takes away from being FULL glass.)

I have made a post about this issue already and agree ele water line healing scaling is exaggerated for a weapon skill. The amount of spawn on hit pets with 16K health, 30% evade and 2.5K crits is getting over bearing. A fire elemental, a minor elemental and bird, or Ranger pet such as spider that stands at range, a bird and a melee ranger using evades under minds anet “visual based game” One cannot watch three things at once, especially thru the obscene particle. They have a serious point, the annoy factor currently in game makes PvP something to be endured, rather than enjoyed.

Believe it or not, i play axe/sword sometimes and those are my stats with soldier amulet. I admit i dont hit 10k everytime but its not the first time i hit 10k+ on a glass necro ele mesmer or thief. 10k would be “fine” if i was glass too but im not. I have 24k hp 3k armor. Ofc this is with 15-20 stacks of might which i can stack by myself.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

PvP is boring because 90% of the time you can’t see kitten due to skill clutter and asuras running abundant once u get out of the percentage rating. Ofc as you mentioned AI builds being this rewarding is a joke. I have tried turret engineer and the sheer amount of effort it takes for enemy to bring me down vses me just drinking my booze and watching TV while pressing a few buttons and watching his health bar drop instantly made me question wtf was the dev thinking when they made this.

That ofc can be said about warriors as well. The effort it takes to take down a hambow or an eviscerate is far greater than the effort it takes for them to just steamroll you all over the floor. In a 1v1 and when given time you can beat and outplay one but the nature of conquest means that doing so is still a detrement to your team score wise as fighting on point against hambow and even turret engineer is a death sentence so you have to forfeit up the point and whittle them down slowly.

(edited by Lifestealer.4910)

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

PvP is boring because 90% of the time you can’t see kitten due to skill clutter and asuras running abundant once u get out of the percentage rating. Ofc as you mentioned AI builds being this rewarding is a joke. I have tried turret engineer and the sheer amount of effort it takes for enemy to bring me down vses me just drinking my booze and watching TV while pressing a few buttons and watching his health bar drop instantly made me question wtf was the dev thinking when they made this.

That ofc can be said about warriors as well. The effort it takes to take down a hambow or an eviscerate is far greater than the effort it takes for them to just steamroll you all over the floor. In a 1v1 and when given time you can beat and outplay one but the nature of conquest means that doing so is still a detrement to your team score wise as fighting on point against hambow and even turret engineer is a death sentence so you have to forfeit up the point and whittle them down slowly.

I rather deal with a turret engi then dem lb/evis might stacking wars.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Yeah that stupid class that becomes completely useless against a player that utilizes the z axis is so OP. Oh and that black and green ping pong ball that shoots that slow green kitten that I can just strafe to avoid very OP. I mean they just dodge all the time and block kitten and then go invuln and they never get cced or knocked down and they are soooo fast.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Anabol.4965

ye it totaly wasnt impale

Attachments: