Why remove Sigil of Hydromancy?

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Is this something you felt was supremely out of balance? I’m not really sure I understand this change.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

They said they wanted to remove the burst sigils while also reducing sustain.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

So they are trying to reduce stalemating fights but also slow down the pace of the game.

Warrior is directly reflecting this concept in their changes.

The biggest worry is still a generous tilt in the appeal of condi builds, but I think it’s best at this point to wait out the changes and see how we adapt.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

they removed EVERY chill sigil, even Ice….

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

Enjoy the Condi spam next season

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

So they are trying to reduce stalemating fights but also slow down the pace of the game.

The biggest worry is still a generous tilt in the appeal of condi builds, but I think it’s best at this point to wait out the changes and see how we adapt.

Poorly though in my opinion. 10% nerf to passive healing from signet is pretty big superficially, but they are still healing for about 475 health every second if they keep T3 adrenal health up, and that is still absolutely trivial to do since primal burst skills still count as T3 adrenaline skills.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Poorly though in my opinion. 10% nerf to passive healing from signet is pretty big superficially, but they are still healing for about 475 health every second if they keep T3 adrenal health up, and that is still absolutely trivial to do since primal burst skills still count as T3 adrenaline skills.

a perfect example of someone who wont be happy until they nerf warrior into the ground.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I would have been fine with a nerf to the damage it could proc,but removing it entirely is just meh.

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

The elephant in the room is Endure Pain / Defy Pain’s effect nerf down to 2 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

The elephant in the room is Endure Pain / Defy Pain’s effect nerf down to 2 seconds.

good decision removing hydromancy. any sigil that was used by everyone had to go. its called a crutch. now people will have more options instead of forced into 1 thing. Endure pain and defy pain got nerfed to a proper level… same as the thieves version trait. Sadly berserker stance wasnt touched which needed the 50% reduced duration as well….. it is too good at simply pumping out adrenline and immune to all conditions for so long with little thought to its use

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

they removed EVERY chill sigil, even Ice….

GOOD! They should!

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I’m glad, those sigils never made any sense.

Two seconds of chilled is actually very nice, as chilled reduces move speed by 66% versus crippled’s 50%, and also lengthens cooldowns under its effect by 40%.

I would understand ArenaNet believing it does too much with it also doing a decent clip of damage on top of the effect, but its replacement Sigil of Stagnation is hilariously bad. Three seconds of crippled is not a good alternative, and most classes that were using Hydromancy prior to today (e.g., warrior and engineer) already have ample access to crippled.

I acknowledge that some elements of game balance depend upon making some additions by subtraction, but this was a decision I find a hard time understanding. What made Hydromancy attractive was that it offered a mobility condition to melee builds that don’t normally have access to it. Crippled, on the other hand, is significantly less rare … and because of that, significantly less effective.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Because was useful. Now we can use some trash.

in PvP

OriOri.8724

a perfect example of someone who wont be happy until they nerf warrior into the ground.

Oh please. Warrior is in a much better state now than it was pre patch and you know it. The amount of personal sustain that it had was beyond broken for how much offensive pressure it could put out.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They said they wanted to remove the burst sigils while also reducing sustain.

yet they don’t reduce condi burst from abilities.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Oh please. Warrior is in a much better state now than it was pre patch and you know it. The amount of personal sustain that it had was beyond broken for how much offensive pressure it could put out.

i think warrior is fine now. but you want to nerf it even more. you want it to be completely useless so you dont have to see it in que anymore.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

OriOri.8724

I don’t want it to be useless, I want warriors (and all classes for that matter) to have to actually choose between having high sustain or having high damage. No build should have high amounts of both, but having primal burst skills count as T3 adrenaline skills (among various other things in the berserker line) allows Warrior to skip that choice and have both high damage and high personal sustain.

That’s just plain bad balance. No class should be able to have a build like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Sadly… they nerfed healing signet (which also affect core warrior) instead of looking into either the f1 counting as x3 adrenal… or simply reworking ‘’Dead of Alive’’ which is a passive on 30 second cooldown that turn any fatal hit recieved when in berzerker form to heal the berzerker for 5.2k instead…

So much could be done instead of making changes that affect core warrior too…

As for sigil choices. It is indeed quite limited. It is now a choice where you look at which sigils is not as bad as the next one.

(edited by Phantom.5389)

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Sadly… they nerfed healing signet (which also affect core warrior) instead of looking into either the f1 counting as x3 adrenal… or simply reworking ‘’Dead of Alive’’ which is a passive on 30 second cooldown that turn any fatal hit recieved when in berzerker form to heal the berzerker for 5.2k instead…

So much could be done instead of making changes that affect core warrior too…

As for sigil choices. It is indeed quite limited. It is now a choice where you look at which sigils is not as bad as the next one.

Anet has always had a love/hate relationship with healing signet. It either gets buffed or nerfed hah.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Hydromancy was removed because chill is a somewhat unique condition and it should be linked to profession abilities. Not only is it a snare, but it also affects ability refresh. If you still want CC, they put in an AoE cripple sigil.

However, they should remove Sigil of Doom since poison should also be linked to profession abilities and not given to everyone.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

They didn’t want sigils to have a huge influence in the game. So they nerfed everything in case sigils was a huge influence in the game.

Why does it seem like we’re always 1 patch away from being balanced, only to have another patch that says we’re 1 patch away from being balanced?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Hydromancy was removed because chill is a somewhat unique condition and it should be linked to profession abilities. Not only is it a snare, but it also affects ability refresh. If you still want CC, they put in an AoE cripple sigil.

However, they should remove Sigil of Doom since poison should also be linked to profession abilities and not given to everyone.

Pretty sure they keep Sigil of Doom around so that classes with little access to poison can still pressure someone with alot of healing. I feel like it is a good sigil to keep around, poison has always been a pretty common condition.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds