Why should I pvp right now?

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

No league as far as I know in the near future. Rotten matchmaking. Crappy rewards. Is this some kind of joke?

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

You should PvP in GW2 if you are looking for a easy way of getting tomes of knowledge.

You should PvP in GW2 if you are trying to relax from playing other competitive PvP games, and want to grab your friends and cheese thru PvP till season 5 comes.

You should PvP in GW2 because it’s pretty easy once you and your friends get yalls rotation down. At that point yall will stomp a large percentage of random teams ANet feeds to yall.

You should PvP in GW2 because it is funny as long as you are not on the receiving end of a massive line of matches where you get team mates who do not even know what combo fields are or do in League matches.

You should PvP in GW2 if you are looking for a easy way with your friends to get dungeon reward track armors and weapon without having the complete the dungeons multiple times, because it’s far easier and faster to do so currently in sPvP then it is to actually fight npcs to get them.

There are also many other reasons to PvP in this game. None of them currently are for me.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

You should PvP in GW2 if you are trying to relax from playing other competitive PvP games, and want to grab your friends and cheese thru PvP till season 5 comes.

You should PvP in GW2 because it’s pretty easy once you and your friends get yalls rotation down. At that point yall will stomp a large percentage of random teams ANet feeds to yall.

Lol what games are you playing that this doesn’t happen? The only ones that come to mind are sc2/quake, and those are 1v1.

And most comp games are simpler than gw2. It’s not that gw2 is outstanding per say, most comp games are little tykes level.

I know dota has solo mmr, but don’t try to hype that up as something that’s a fun, heartwarming experience to grind out.

(edited by duster.7013)

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Lol what games are you playing that this doesn’t happen? The only ones that come to mind are sc2/quake, and those are 1v1.

And most comp games are simpler than gw2. It’s not that gw2 is outstanding per say, most comp games are little tykes level.

I know dota has solo mmr, but don’t try to hype that up as something that’s a fun, heartwarming experience to grind out.

Most of the actual legit eSports games. Since I play a lot of Smite lately I’ll use that as a example. Smite uses both solo, and mastery level ELOs. Smite also uses a item system so that players that have good game knowledge can go into not so friendly match and still win. From my experiences with my little 217 hours of played PvP time in Smite the matches are much much more closer and you can actually feel that every player can make or break the team. Also that if you are what we call a “Alpha” player you know that 9,3,3,3,2 without VoIP going up against that 5,5,5,5,5 team with VoIP you can actually still win during the end by Deicideing(Killing all of their gods and causing them a 50 sec respawn timer) the enemy team. In GW2 that 9,3,3,3,2 team without VoIP is normally fodder for that 5,5,5,5,5 team with VoIP because skill just don’t matter as much as communication in GW2.

In my experiences playing Smite I only have a blow out match like maybe 2 out of 10 matches as a solo queuer. In GW2 my experiences are I got blow out matches when I last played PvP like 9 out of 10 matches. No matter how good or kitten I was in my GW2 matches my team mostly lose by a huge mergin completely telling me that my personal skills don’t matter one bit. Because again competitive skill don’t matter more then the social skill in GW2 matches.

In smite you don’t need the “perfect” comp to win. You just need to be able to adapt to the enemy team and buy the proper, relics and items, and how more skill then the enemy team’s players to counter their perfect team comp in order to win.

In GW2 comp, communication and rotation trumps player skill 9 times out of ten times. I can be the best player in the match. However because GW2 is more social based then skill based it is highly unlikely for me to be able to hyper-carry my team to victory. Like I can in Dota. LoL, and Smite. Because once again all the enemy team has to do is kill my mostly clueless team mates and just rotate the other two points against me, since it’s a three point king of the hill type game mode.(Main reason no other real MOBA uses this layout for it’s competitive matches.)

And that’s just it. In GW2’s sPvP you can just casually farm others. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with GW2. I’m just saying it is currently not the game mode for me, when I want fun and competitive matches. Since GW2 is not built around players having fun and competitive matches. It’s built around players farming for dailies and other special items that ANet throws into the mix.

Also in Smite the matches are much longer and there is a surrender feature. However because the match ups are so much competitive. People even losing will not use that surrender option because in Smite unlike GW2 one player or play can turn certain defeat into a underdog surprised victory. So I only see players give up in Smite maybe 1 out of every 20 to 30 matches.

Again I think there are loads of reasons to play PvP in GW2, just currently none of them are reasons for me to play PvP in GW2. Big difference there.

But at least I admit it!

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

No league as far as I know in the near future. Rotten matchmaking. Crappy rewards. Is this some kind of joke?

what do you think ToL is for?

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

Most of the actual legit eSports games. Since I play a lot of Smite lately I’ll use that as a example. Smite uses both solo, and mastery level ELOs. Smite also uses a item system so that players that have good game knowledge can go into not so friendly match and still win. From my experiences with my little 217 hours of played PvP time in Smite the matches are much much more closer and you can actually feel that every player can make or break the team. Also that if you are what we call a “Alpha” player you know that 9,3,3,3,2 without VoIP going up against that 5,5,5,5,5 team with VoIP you can actually still win during the end by Deicideing(Killing all of their gods and causing them a 50 sec respawn timer) the enemy team. In GW2 that 9,3,3,3,2 team without VoIP is normally fodder for that 5,5,5,5,5 team with VoIP because skill just don’t matter as much as communication in GW2.

In my experiences playing Smite I only have a blow out match like maybe 2 out of 10 matches as a solo queuer. In GW2 my experiences are I got blow out matches when I last played PvP like 9 out of 10 matches. No matter how good or kitten I was in my GW2 matches my team mostly lose by a huge mergin completely telling me that my personal skills don’t matter one bit. Because again competitive skill don’t matter more then the social skill in GW2 matches.

In smite you don’t need the “perfect” comp to win. You just need to be able to adapt to the enemy team and buy the proper, relics and items, and how more skill then the enemy team’s players to counter their perfect team comp in order to win.

In GW2 comp, communication and rotation trumps player skill 9 times out of ten times. I can be the best player in the match. However because GW2 is more social based then skill based it is highly unlikely for me to be able to hyper-carry my team to victory. Like I can in Dota. LoL, and Smite. Because once again all the enemy team has to do is kill my mostly clueless team mates and just rotate the other two points against me, since it’s a three point king of the hill type game mode.(Main reason no other real MOBA uses this layout for it’s competitive matches.)

And that’s just it. In GW2’s sPvP you can just casually farm others. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with GW2. I’m just saying it is currently not the game mode for me, when I want fun and competitive matches. Since GW2 is not built around players having fun and competitive matches. It’s built around players farming for dailies and other special items that ANet throws into the mix.

Also in Smite the matches are much longer and there is a surrender feature. However because the match ups are so much competitive. People even losing will not use that surrender option because in Smite unlike GW2 one player or play can turn certain defeat into a underdog surprised victory. So I only see players give up in Smite maybe 1 out of every 20 to 30 matches.

Again I think there are loads of reasons to play PvP in GW2, just currently none of them are reasons for me to play PvP in GW2. Big difference there.

I play SMITE pretty much every day and whilst it is MUCH better than GW2 imo, it does still have its own problems. The matchmaking in SMITE has a tendency to suck and you can end up on loss streaks, as it can put you with feeders that keep trying to 1v5 the enemy, ignore the objectives etc, against a well co-ordinated team.

The class balance for the most part is pretty good though. Of course some of the characters are a bit on the OP side coughNOXcoughScylla. Having said that, even with the annoyances that come with the game I still love it, and at least if you reallly want to prove that you are really good at 1v1ing and are convinced your team is the problem, you can play the 1v1 mode in Ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Because of all the great unique PvP rewards!

For example, they give you, eh….um….ah…nothing.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

To draw attention from the state of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

At the moment I usually PvP one match per day. For the daily ^^. I am in WvW roaming the rest of my playtime.
See you next season :-).

in PvP

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

To have fun…….

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

To draw attention from the state of PvP?

what attention is that?

Anet is doing nothing else for the game, halloween was worse then years before. People are caring less for raids, WvW is slowly dying and TOL showed PvP is dying.

Yes please draw attention to 5 vs 5 off point fights!!!!!!!!!

At least bring us a death match map if we are forced to play this crap meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

You should only PvP for reward tracks and dailies. That’s it.

in PvP

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

1.) Reward tracks, Mystic Clover, Obsidian Shards, Karma, Dragonite Ore, Empyreal Fragments, Bloodstone Dust, Exotic Gear from Dungeons/PVE events you don’t want to do, Gold.
2.) Try out Classes and builds, gearsets before you buy them.
3.) Get practice for the upcoming next Tournament: Because everyone wants that Black Diamond next to their name and that PVP Backpack.
4.) Dailies.
5.) Entertainment/Stress Relief (for this go to Hotjoin and join the stacked team)

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

If you are not happy, “you shouldnt”. Thats it. To all whiners, if you are not happy with the current spvp, do not play it. Only then Anet would be forced to improve it.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

If you are not happy, “you shouldnt”. Thats it. To all whiners, if you are not happy with the current spvp, do not play it. Only then Anet would be forced to improve it.

I for one completely agree with you.

However most would argue that it’s the devs jobs to provide them entertainment, which is completely wrong. It’s the devs job to provide their employers and employers investors top dollar. It’s you job to find a game in which you would have fun playing not the devs jobs.

From what I’ve heard the devs. are doing a wonderful job at doing their actual jobs in this game. Can you say the same for your self?

But at least I admit it!