Why should i keep playing?

in PvP

Posted by: cek.5478

cek.5478

Just look at the attachment please. if i gain 20 points from 1 win i have to win 15 games without losing any.. for claiming to platin. Lets say i did it and i never lost even 1 game my ratio will be 27w – 3L with 1518 points and i never ever get top 250 placement ridiculous

( If you wanna say enemy rating please dont. this is not mid season we started together and as you can see on leaderboard 11/4 has 1758 points.. that r9 players gain 11 wins from top 8 players Also he’s duo and always getting better mm than us. I really tried hard for wins and keeping my team up with pure solo..)

Such a pointless pvp and season… Why should i keep playing?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Luci.7018

Luci.7018

THey gain bonus Rating from previous Season’s Results and if they keep playing, they will loose Rating because they will face other top players or top MMR players .
Or they will reach a point (or they are atm) when they will get 7 rating per win / 20 for loose

(exept of nights trolololol)

PS : Remember the advice of a Gold player !!!
When the casuals will get the rewards , the ones that will left thery will be the ppl that play 1 game per day , you will have 6-7 min que + huge disperency in the MMR of the enemies and allies .
GET IT WHILE ITS HOT !!!!

On break

(edited by Luci.7018)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They start with higher mmr and face higher rated players hence why they place higher. Remember when in previous seasons top players and new players were put in same divisions and last were getting farmed for first 2 weeks or so? It does not happen as much anymore due to current system (unless people resort to farming low ranks at 5 am for easy points like 2 last seasons but it is different issue).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: ibThuggin.1758

ibThuggin.1758

Well Nos is back doing what he and the rest of the goon squad does, match manipulate with smurfs, win trading, bribing etc. Even Naru is on there I’m sure he’s just using an alt account because everyone knows how much of cheater he was last season. Basically it’s BS, everyone should reset in a new season regardless where you place. But Anet are cheater apologists, so do not expect that ever.

I’m looking forward to the release of AO next month, hopefully the next expansion in this game will turn out better then what HoT was. However, I am not holding my breath.

(edited by ibThuggin.1758)

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Well Nos is back doing what he and the rest of the goon squad does, match manipulate with smurfs, win trading, bribing etc. Even Naru is on there I’m sure he’s just using an alt account because everyone knows how much of cheater he was last season. Basically it’s BS, everyone should reset in a new season regardless where you place. But Anet are cheater apologists, so do not expect that ever.

I’m looking forward to the release of AO next month, hopefully the next expansion in this game will turn out better then what HoT was. However, I am not holding my breath.

Just so you know the OP is from the noble, glorious and honest EU PvP not the backwater cesspit of NA PvP.

Ok little bit carried away with that joke but yeah, OP is not on NA so will be unlikely to encounter this “goon squad” as you say.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

There is a clear difference in winning against a gold rated enemy team and a diamond rated enemy team. If you don’t believe me, watch a stream of someone really high up the ladder and watch their rotations.

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

There is a clear difference in winning against a gold rated enemy team and a diamond rated enemy team. If you don’t believe me, watch a stream of someone really high up the ladder and watch their rotations.

What’s diamond?

in PvP

Posted by: Varron.4291

Varron.4291

@OP – MMR is soft reset on a new season, not full reset.

So I ended 1650 last season, went 8/2 in placements this season—all solo-queued—and got 1700 this season.

Sind’s new account, after his placements and skill, only got Gold-ish last season out of placements. Though you should factor in that the threshhold for plat was higher last season, but the point still stands. That is, “fresh accounts” start with lower MMR (compared to those with those with above average MMR who played in the past season).

in PvP

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Could you explain the skill ratings to me. Couldn’t find comprehensive info anywhere?!

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Soft reset. Not hard reset.