Why stack the most annoying stuff on Ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Two shouts were greatly improved, and both of them are totally frustrating to play against.

I would like to put some attention into “Protect Me!” and how loaded it is.
1. It’s a shout.
2. Breaks stun.
3. Applies 66% of the protection time of armor of earth.
4. Allies get the benefit from both the stun break and protection.
5. It gives another CC
6. It is instant (read instant CC)
7. Cooldown is three times shorter than armor of earth when traited.

I’d like rangers to meet the elementalist 75 seconds cooldown Arcane Shield, Armor of Earth utility.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: santso.9201

santso.9201

It doesnt give you 10 stacks of stab for 10s which makes you pretty much immune to cc for the duration of stab…and doesnt benefit from trait synergy which also makes it remove condi, but the ranger has to use shout runes to get same benefit…

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I wish I could give
Regen
Fury (option 2)
Swiftness (option 2)
Prot (75% of protect me) (option 1)
Vigor
Condi clear
Heal and
Shocking aura
all aoe all with one skill on a 25s cd.

Wow please buff ranger. Armor of earth can give stab, that is what is important with that skill and why it warrants a large cooldown. Don’t compare traited vs untraited versions of two different skills cherry picked for whatever point you are trying to prove. Ele carries some broken utility skills that only search and rescue can hope to match in value to a team.

Edit: fixed some stuff

Ranger | Elementalist

(edited by Ryan.9387)

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

What is actually all about the ranger persecution lately? I see a lot of complains on everything across the ranger class, pets, traits, skill and utility skills. Ppl even complaining about stuff which where here for some time already, they didn’t complain before, but they complain now.

Ranger is my main and I would even agree with some nerfs, e.g. "search and rescuse " seems to be more broken then “protect me”. You ppl posting all the benefits, but never the conditions under which the skill is actually working. Ranger got a lot of issues as well, you can’t simply nerf everything on ranger just because you think it’s op. You should play ranger first some time to see what is working how and when and then bring some construktive changes instead of " NERF NERF NERF ".

Be reasonable people !!!

(edited by Miyu.8137)

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

The protection isn’t AoE. Just the breakstun.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

And the taunt is not instant on skill activation. You get taunted, if you hit the ranger within 6 seconds after he has used the shout (and if the pet is in range).

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

This is not instant cc at all. If the next attacking thing is some mesmer clone, illusion, necro minion, ranger pet then those get taunted and it goes to waste.

Super silly thread.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I wish I could give
Regen
Fury
Swiftness
Prot (75% of protect me)
Vigor
Condi clear
Heal and
Shocking aura

Wow please buff ranger. Armor of earth can gives stab, that is what is important with that skill and why it warrants a large cooldown. Don’t compare traited vs untraited versions of two different skills cherry picked for whatever point you are trying to prove. Ele carries some broken utility skills that only search and rescue can hope to match in value to a team.

On your description, 4 trait lines are used. You’d need Earth, Water, Air and Tempest. Stop cherry picking.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

ye ranger is pretty b/s, i suggest to change all their skills to giving 3 sec aegis

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

I wish I could give
Regen
Fury
Swiftness
Prot (75% of protect me)
Vigor
Condi clear
Heal and
Shocking aura

Wow please buff ranger. Armor of earth can gives stab, that is what is important with that skill and why it warrants a large cooldown. Don’t compare traited vs untraited versions of two different skills cherry picked for whatever point you are trying to prove. Ele carries some broken utility skills that only search and rescue can hope to match in value to a team.

Not only did you take traits from 4 different trees, but you even took 2 Grandmaster traits from water. Nice work, champ.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I wish I could give
Regen
Fury
Swiftness
Prot (75% of protect me)
Vigor
Condi clear
Heal and
Shocking aura

Not only did you take traits from 4 different trees, but you even took 2 Grandmaster traits from water. Nice work, champ.

Kinda sorta right. I did pick four traits to list all the options but have clarified that in the original post. Secondly soldier runes prevent you from needing two water gm traits.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

I wish I could give
Regen
Fury
Swiftness
Prot (75% of protect me)
Vigor
Condi clear
Heal and
Shocking aura

Kinda sorta right. I did pick four traits to list all the options but have clarified that in the original post. Secondly soldier runes prevent you from needing two water gm traits.

Soldier runes remove a condition on a SHOUT, not an aura.