Why the dishonesty on premades?

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

We were told at the start of the season that players would never be matched against premade five mans unless they were in a 5-man themselves, and yet I’ve fairly regularly been matched against them? Why were they dishonest about this to the players? What did they have to gain from it?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

“Five-person premade groups will never be matched up against a group made up of five solo players.” – https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-league-season-two-changes/
Solo players… it never said groups of 2players, 3players, 4players. So as long as you que with someone else you can face a 5man premade…
Is the system flawed? yes imo. However it is not dishonest at all.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

2-3 player groups matched with solo players is NOT competitive with a 5-man guild squad. That’s a disingenuous statement at best.

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

The system does not seem to be matching a full pre-made with a full pug. To that extent, the system is honest.

The matchmaking is another matter.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: StinkyLord.7950

StinkyLord.7950

It happened once where we were teamed up with 5 premades but luckily we won

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

I’ve beaten pre-mades before too, and sure, being a pre-made doesn’t guarantee anything alone, but it does typically indicate a level of coordination that you aren’t likely to get out of a pug. For example, a pre-made is more likely to have voice coms, more likely to have a well balanced party comp, and more likely to have individual strategies worked out.

Keeping such premades quarantined from the general population is just common sense, if you want balanced matches.

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Just to let you know, I can’t find the quote from a DEV, but they said that a full soloq team versus premade had a 50% win / loose ratio.

This was with the old MM system, where team of “even” skills where pit together.

This means, that good premade got paired versus good soloqer.

All the soloq guyz that QQ about it, are the looser on all level (low, mid, high).

With the stats here… it’s mean that GOOD soloqer team can WIN versus good premade.

In 2013, the minimap was showing green dot for your party (no class indication) and you were not able to see your enemy position. In that time, communication on TS was KING. Since then… not much.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

2-3 player groups matched with solo players is NOT competitive with a 5-man guild squad. That’s a disingenuous statement at best.

It’s not a disingenuous statement if you read what they had said.

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Read what the statement actually says. Not what you think it says.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I’ve beaten pre-mades before too, and sure, being a pre-made doesn’t guarantee anything alone, but it does typically indicate a level of coordination that you aren’t likely to get out of a pug. For example, a pre-made is more likely to have voice coms, more likely to have a well balanced party comp, and more likely to have individual strategies worked out.

Keeping such premades quarantined from the general population is just common sense, if you want balanced matches.

nope.

casual players group together and queue together as well.

no voice communication.
no well balanced party comp.

stop blaming premades for your losses.

in PvP

Posted by: vulneraria.4865

vulneraria.4865

with MM of season 1 all the palyer in premade have the mmr of the best player of team (after the fix at duoq with amber), so they face a team that have avarage of best player of premade.

all player of soloq team are better then player of premade, so they can go over the comunication/teamcomp gap.

sUk Clan

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

they could disable teamQ vs soloQ completely but im guessing Q times would skyrocket. maybe they wouldnt? who knows. only anet apparently.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I may not like it either but did no one read the statement that was put out there a number of times.

“Matchmaking

There is an additional matchmaking change we’ll make that will affect a specific type of match-up:

Five-person premade groups will never be matched up against a group made up of five solo players."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-league-season-two-changes/

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in PvP

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

they could disable teamQ vs soloQ completely but im guessing Q times would skyrocket. maybe they wouldnt? who knows. only anet apparently.

Queue time would skyrocket during non-peak hours for sure. There just isn’t enough player base to support two separate queues for ranked PvP.

The issue could be solved by a “benefit/penalty” system for team members (+/- 50 points for each additional difference) but for some reason that point normalization is not even tried.

in PvP

Posted by: Tengu Talons.7921

Tengu Talons.7921

full premade group against pugs? I thought you had patched this out.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Blue team has a 2-man premade. Blue team does not consist of 5 soloq.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Why-the-dishonesty-on-premades/first#post6033803

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: Tengu Talons.7921

Tengu Talons.7921

Thank you for the reply. Another failed attempt on Anets part I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

It was alot of lip service by Anet to quell the agitation, even if temporarily. You can see how passive aggressive they were in the blog post.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Chaba.5410

It was alot of lip service by Anet to quell the agitation, even if temporarily. You can see how passive aggressive they were in the blog post.

I dunno. When I read about the 5-man premade change, I wasn’t confused.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in PvP

Chaba.5410

Should read the rest of that blog post too:

“Only 1% of all Ranked matches played in season one were a full five-person premade group vs. a group of five solo players, and even then, the win rate for those five solo player teams in those cases was consistently at or above 50% throughout the entire season. "

In other words, just because you are facing a 5-man premade isn’t a guaranteed loss.

Chaba Tangnu

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

full premade group against pugs? I thought you had patched this out.

And there is an amber, I don’t know what the fudge is going on but it’s always my case when I’m one pip before progressing to the next tier.

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

A disingenuous statement is one which is factually true when read in a certain way, but which is worded in a way intended to cause confusion. In this case they should have been aware that players did not ever want to face 5-man premades with anything less than a 5-man premade, so their phrasing left plenty of room for justifiable misinterpretation.

Queue time would skyrocket during non-peak hours for sure. There just isn’t enough player base to support two separate queues for ranked PvP.

I described this system in another thread, but I think it would work:
I don’t think they should bring back soloQ in full, but they should bring it back in spirit. Just as you can choose to only play Conquest or only play Stronghold, you should be able to set your own matchmaking preferences.

There should be a toggle “Only match me with other solos,” another “ONLY match me with small groups,” and another “Match me the fastest.”

If you pick ONLY solo, then nobody on either team would ever be in a group, although this might be slower to get. Of course you can only solo yourself to use this feature.

If you pick ONLY small groups, then it would never match you against a five-man pre-made, but might put you into a 4+1 v 2+3, or other mixed/solo grouping. Of course you cannot be in a five-man and use this (it would just automatically ignore this toggle if you’re in a five-man).

If you pick “Fastest” then it doesn’t care, it’ll match you with the first four players against the first five players that it can find, which means that you will end up in mixed matches, and would be ideal for pre-mades or people who think they can handle pre-mades.

If it takes more than a few minutes to find a match, perhaps there would be a pop-up that asks if you’d prefer opening up your options to a winder selection, but you could always just wait it out.

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

A disingenuous statement is one which is factually true when read in a certain way, but which is worded in a way intended to cause confusion. In this case they should have been aware that players did not ever want to face 5-man premades with anything less than a 5-man premade, so their phrasing left plenty of room for justifiable misinterpretation.

I described this system in another thread, but I think it would work:
I don’t think they should bring back soloQ in full, but they should bring it back in spirit. Just as you can choose to only play Conquest or only play Stronghold, you should be able to set your own matchmaking preferences.

There should be a toggle “Only match me with other solos,” another “ONLY match me with small groups,” and another “Match me the fastest.”

If you pick ONLY solo, then nobody on either team would ever be in a group, although this might be slower to get. Of course you can only solo yourself to use this feature.

If you pick ONLY small groups, then it would never match you against a five-man pre-made, but might put you into a 4+1 v 2+3, or other mixed/solo grouping. Of course you cannot be in a five-man and use this (it would just automatically ignore this toggle if you’re in a five-man).

If you pick “Fastest” then it doesn’t care, it’ll match you with the first four players against the first five players that it can find, which means that you will end up in mixed matches, and would be ideal for pre-mades or people who think they can handle pre-mades.

If it takes more than a few minutes to find a match, perhaps there would be a pop-up that asks if you’d prefer opening up your options to a winder selection, but you could always just wait it out.

This would make the q time for 5 man teams even longer than it is now. What I have noticed is that the bigger the party the longer it takes to q up. So if players are opting out of match-ups against five man teams there will be less players in the matchmaking pool for them. Which is what all you complainers want. Bunch of communists.

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

This would make the q time for 5 man teams even longer than it is now.

Probably, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Better that 5-man premades have a longer time getting into a match than for them to be quickly placed into a match where they have an unfair advantage, right?

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You chose to read it the wrong way and not literally.

How confusing is “Five-person premade groups will never be matched up against a group made up of five solo players.”? I mean, come on!

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

This would make the q time for 5 man teams even longer than it is now.

Probably, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Better that 5-man premades have a longer time getting into a match than for them to be quickly placed into a match where they have an unfair advantage, right?

Why is it unfair? Are you not allowed to make a team?

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Reading comprehension problem. Read it again and think about it.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

daum, I hope ze pugs never realise that by simply inviting 5 people from hotm will magically make them 100% winrate. It is impossible to loose!

5mans are so rare, and probably not even in TS. And even if they are, it probably just distracts them.

[TA]

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Oh come on. Quit crying. Most premades are just bunch of randoms that happen to not be braindead. Thanks to soloQ matchmaking being absolute trash I was forced to group up with bunch of people who I won once in soloQ. (Either that or uninstall Gw2 because I was being matched with trashy teammates versus skilled opponents)

We play together ever since, yeah sometimes we face enemy premades with voip while we do not use such a thing.

But do you know what so cool about that?
– No more blowouts.
– No more rage in losing because I know everyone is capable and they did what they thought was the right thing at the time
– No one talks back at me
– No one AFKs
– They all cleave and stomp and peel and ABOVE ALL ELSE
– They avoid outnumbered fights, instead they/we rotate somewhere else, even if it costs us a capture point.

After being stuck at sapphire T1 from soloQ I went up into ruby fighting teams of primo legends all the freaking time. But I kittening did it. Got me second tier in ruby, lost some pips, it got late. Will continue later otnight

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

We play together ever since, yeah sometimes we face enemy premades with voip while we do not use such a thing.

– No more blowouts.
– No more rage in losing because I know everyone is capable and they did what they thought was the right thing at the time
– No one AFKs
– They avoid outnumbered fights, instead they/we rotate somewhere else, even if it costs us a capture point.

After being stuck at sapphire T1 from soloQ I went up into ruby fighting teams of primo legends all the freaking time. But I kittening did it. Got me second tier in ruby, lost some pips, it got late. Will continue later otnight

No, you’re not allowed to do that! Making friends is against the rules! Go back to being miserable!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

– No more blowouts.
– No one AFKs

No, you’re not allowed to do that! Making friends is against the rules! Go back to being miserable!

Still miserable and frustrated here. I’m sure I can make up for Raven’s good luck with my bad (and then some).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.