Why the ele has no place in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

So I want to keep this rather short.

The problem with ele is not his build diversity. Which pretty much got nerfed with this patch even more.

The problem is that ele just has no place, every role another class does much better.

Tpvp has several roles:

1. Mid-Main bunker —-> Always a guardian
2. High dmg Roamer for decapping (should have high mobility and disengageability) —> always a thief, possibly a mesmer
3. Close Bunker --> ranger
4. Teamfighter/Roamer
5. Farpointbunker

Ok the 1. is a guardian. We can’t change that.

2. Is a possible role for the ele. Ele has reall nice damage. But not enough mobility or ways to sustain himself / disengage. (thief is faster, lives longer and deals the same or more dmg..)

3. Ele could be a closebunker with fullbunker ele. That could actually work. But ranger is still ALOT better. Huge teamsupport + rezzes.

4. Teamfigher. Same problem with 2. Ele just has to less surviveability. Means sustain AND disengageability. Other Builds in this role have blocks, invul (don’t tell me ele has invul too, i know that. But invul is useless if you can’t disengage). stealth and are incredibly fast with several ports (mesmer, thief). Both mesmer and thief do EVERYTHING better than ele probably.

5. Farpoint invader. This could possibly work. But engi has more utility can live longer and disengage better.

So what the ele needs is more ways to disengage and sustain himself. Not new traits or lowered cooldowns on attunement swap or moar dmg on staff.

If you don’t nerf (“shave”) warriors, mesmers, thiefs, rangers, necros, engis (what you won’t) ele NEEDS to be reverted BACK to the state at the ELE META

This would actually make him viable again.

Give more sustain :
Enable multiple heal triggers on dodge again with evasive arcana.
With warrior heal signet as it is you might also change ele signet back to it’s current stat
give ele more base HP
lower the cooldown on RTL and all the movement skills. (give more movementskills as option)
Give more options to block

discuss I would really like to see ele again in the meta…

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I think it’s a bit too soon to know how well will the ele fare in pvp now. We still don’t know how feasible diamond skin builds are, we still don’t know what other new builds might come out of the new traits, and we still have a vague idea of the impact the nerfs to other classes have had in our profession.

If anything, I would prefer if we ele players could discuss potential new builds and see how well they fare in pvp.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: BakiSaN.9281

BakiSaN.9281

Invalid. I main an ele and find myself in a serious team playing serious people and making my way to the top ranks. And your #2 is invalid as well, I always dissolve thieves. Try running 0/30/0/30/10 fresh air with soothing mist and Condi removal on last trait win zerker or valks amulet. You’ll find yourself to be much more efficient.

Sta ce biti s’ kucom!?

in PvP

Posted by: BakiSaN.9281

BakiSaN.9281

Invalid. I main an ele and find myself in a serious team playing serious people and making my way to the top ranks. And your #2 is invalid as well, I always dissolve thieves. Try running 0/30/0/30/10 fresh air with soothing mist and Condi removal on last trait win zerker or valks amulet. You’ll find yourself to be much more efficient.

Fresh Air (especially with S/F) is very viable in 1v1 but in a groupfight you still pop in a matter of seconds.

Soz, I dunno what you’re running but I’m doing fairly well in tfs as well. And that’s team Que and midhigh ranked solo.

Sta ce biti s’ kucom!?

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Soz, I dunno what you’re running but I’m doing fairly well in tfs as well. And that’s team Que and midhigh ranked solo.

I think your teammates are doing an absolutely fantastic job of protecting you or something.
There is just no way a zerker/fresh air Ele can survive more than a few seconds in a teamfight if the enemy team has their priorities right. Playing that kind of Ele made me finally realize what “rally bait” meant.
As Thief I’ve taken Ele’s down from 60% to 0% before they even have time to dodge.

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

With two anti-projectile skills, an invulnerability, perma-vigor, and some decent healing, a fresh air has enough tools to delay their death while they attempt to burst down their opponent. More so if they bring valkyrie amulet and spec for 30 points in water.

in PvP

Posted by: Morderger.6298

Morderger.6298

I disagree also. My staff dps elementalist kitten s the kitten out of people. And also A bunker staff home point staff ele is nice as well and can bring a lot to team fights as well.

Morderger – Elementalist / Zarnik – Warrior /Zerlurd – Ranger/ Slurd -Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/morderger

in PvP

Posted by: AngelSayaka.8605

AngelSayaka.8605

I disagree. The ele have a place in pvp. I own one as a main and I kill a lot people with dagger/dagger build. It’s fun to play with them. Of course when I fight a mesme … i died, but its fun.

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

I think auramancer will have a place

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I have been having success with 20/0/0/20/30 and 20/0/0/30/20 cantrip d/d ele in valks/battle sigil. It has great condi management and good sustained damage. A little decrease to RtL CD (or the stupid 1550 range back) would help immensely in trying to fill different roles, but I feel like there is a build somwhere here that does o.k.

Of course, I am not fighting top competition, so take it with a grain of salt.

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

Anyone having success with builds that require no arcana investment? I’ve been trying a few and I don’t feel any weaker (in fact, somewhat stronger) than before the patch, but I’m only scratching the top 850-1000, so I don’t know how feasible my builds would be in higher-end pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP, as others have said, there are good options now. You just need to experiment instead of waiting for someone to create a specific guide (if you remember when most everyone followed the d/d guide earlier this year)

in PvP

Posted by: Sickness.9831

Sickness.9831

i play ele in top 100 teamq and think im very experienced with ele in pvp.
my team probably could be ranked way higher if i would for example play thief, but i love the elementalist, thats why i dont do it yet.
ele isnt out of the meta cause he is so weak, ele is okay. but in every aspect there is another class that can do what he does, by far more efficent. or why do you think wasnt there a single top team with elementalist for months?…cause ele is strong enough to be viable?…not rly… maybe just because there isnt a single skilled ele around theese days….sure………
if you play soloq, hotjoin or only on 1v1 servers you realy can kitten peole like a boss, but you could even own soloq and kill a lot of people with a double potato 1/3/3/7/0 build……
something realy needs to change, but it seems like peole dont even notice it.
i think djangos suggestions would be a nice possibility for theese changes….would be the easiest way for anet to make ele viable again…the better possibility would be to “shave” every other class imo…..

Shaku – Elementalist – Made in Meta [MiM]
http://www.twitch.tv/shakuzan

(edited by Sickness.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

I think all eles needs to be viable is the 20 sec cooldown on rtl again. With mobility, eles could afford to play a glass build and be a viable roamer. Seriously, just give ride the lightning back and you will see a lot of eles, both bunker and glass. The old RTL was what let eles play glass, because they could always get away when kitten hit the fan. Every other class can do anything eles can and better; the disengage was the main reason ele was viable. (They nerfed the other crap such as using healing skill during mist form).

It is simply too risky to play a fresh air build in tpvp without having your team build around reviving you constantly (aka gimping your team). This is why no one messes with an ele in tpvp; just not worth it.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I think all eles needs to be viable is the 20 sec cooldown on rtl again. With mobility, eles could afford to play a glass build and be a viable roamer. Seriously, just give ride the lightning back and you will see a lot of eles, both bunker and glass. The old RTL was what let eles play glass, because they could always get away when kitten hit the fan. Every other class can do anything eles can and better; the disengage was the main reason ele was viable. (They nerfed the other crap such as using healing skill during mist form).

It is simply too risky to play a fresh air build in tpvp without having your team build around reviving you constantly (aka gimping your team). This is why no one messes with an ele in tpvp; just not worth it.

I do agree with this immensely. RtL was OP before because it went 1550 range (essentially putting you instantly OOC) AND had 15, then 20s cooldown. Nerfing the range AND cooldown was just silly. Heck, even make it 1100 or 1000 range on 20s cooldown and you would see more eles.

Nerfing RtL kills ele like nerfing Healing Signet in half would do to warriors. Healing signet needs shaving (maybe 10-15%) as did RtL, but they dropped an A-bomb on the skill and destroyed so much of what made ele viable.

Plus, I just want to zip around like a fool again.

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

There isn’t any kind of team play in sPvP so ele is kind of useless. Ele should always use staff and have max healing power.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

my buddy who has mained his ele since release is tearing his hair out trying to make himself viable in the higher brackets. so far, he hasnt found a build to justify his ele over something else.

ive seen really well played s/d eles work, but theyre really easy to train.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

The OP’s frustration (my class can be outperformed by another class in every possible role) sounds much like the issues necros were facing…and then, dhuumfire was come.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Ele needs more ways to sustain himself ? It is not enough that half the classes get free sustain without any HP ? jesus

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

I do agree with this immensely. RtL was OP before because it went 1550 range (essentially putting you instantly OOC) AND had 15, then 20s cooldown. Nerfing the range AND cooldown was just silly. Heck, even make it 1100 or 1000 range on 20s cooldown and you would see more eles.

Rtl is too op to have 1000 range at 20 sec cooldown.Why ? Because it is not affected by condition/movement skills and cannot be interrupted.Take warrior rush for example.It has 20 second cd and 1200 range ,BUT * it is subject to movement speed and impairing effects* and can be interrupted,immobilized.

What does that mean ?It means that as soon as it enters combat range of rush is shorter,animation is slower/takes more time to reach it’s destination.More so if it’s chilled ,crippled movement is reduced by up to 90% and the animaton is still as long making it a self stun instead of an escape ability.

If you suggest rtl to have a 20 sec cd IT MUST be brough down to these parameters for balance.Being basicly an immunity/teleport more than a movement skill is the reason of the cd nerf in the 1st place.Do not get fooled by the animation making it look something else.

Ps: wars are in the same position or worse now since ther only viable teampvp build was nerfed too hard so basicly all Op’s arguments can easily apply to warrior in the current meta,except ele is better viable burst than zerk war and war is still worse at going bunker even with healing signet.

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Rtl is too op to have 1000 range at 20 sec cooldown.Why ? Because it is not affected by condition/movement skills and cannot be interrupted.Take warrior rush for example.It has 20 second cd and 1200 range ,BUT * it is subject to movement speed and impairing effects* and can be interrupted,immobilized.

What does that mean ?It means that as soon as it enters combat range of rush is shorter,animation is slower/takes more time to reach it’s destination.More so if it’s chilled ,crippled movement is reduced by up to 90% and the animaton is still as long making it a self stun instead of an escape ability.

If you suggest rtl to have a 20 sec cd IT MUST be brough down to these parameters for balance.Being basicly an immunity/teleport more than a movement skill is the reason of the cd nerf in the 1st place.Do not get fooled by the animation making it look something else.

Ps: wars are in the same position or worse now since ther only viable teampvp build was nerfed too hard so basicly all Op’s arguments can easily apply to warrior in the current meta,except ele is better viable burst than zerk war and war is still worse at going bunker even with healing signet.

Please note here that Warriors can spec into removing all movement impairing effects with mobility skills.

Also, RtL is affected by immobilize and, unlike spin, is not an evade. If you immobilize an Ele right before he RtL’s, you have a few seconds of just free damage while they’re locked out of all their skills.

Also, why shouldn’t Ele’s have better mobility then a warrior? Why should the Mesmer, Thief, and Warrior all have better escape options then an Ele when they all have more health, or armor, or both.

And lastly, I think Warriors can still move faster then previous-RtL by using Sword/* + GS.

in PvP

mini.6018

Please note here that Warriors can spec into removing all movement impairing effects with mobility skills.

Also, RtL is affected by immobilize and, unlike spin, is not an evade. If you immobilize an Ele right before he RtL’s, you have a few seconds of just free damage while they’re locked out of all their skills.

Also, why shouldn’t Ele’s have better mobility then a warrior? Why should the Mesmer, Thief, and Warrior all have better escape options then an Ele when they all have more health, or armor, or both.

And lastly, I think Warriors can still move faster then previous-RtL by using Sword/* + GS.

Is not faster but farther, and only ooc and ofcourse if you are chilled crippled you are doomed .Movement skill trait only removes immobilize not cripple/chill too.I am not inventing stuff just please make a lvl 2 warrior,equip gs and try it in spvp.You will realize rtl is 10 times better even with the current cd both for closing gaps or escaping.

in PvP

Posted by: Sickness.9831

Sickness.9831

if you have rush, you also have whirlwind attack….nice dmg, evade, gapcloser/disengage…the combination of both of them is just awsome for mobility, and with their low cds you have pretty much everytime the possibility to disengage a fight…yeah, they are taking two weaponskill slots instead of one, but whirlwind attack is just such an awsome skill, it isnt like youve got one skill less in an actual fight, infight its still awsome dmg and gives additional survivability due to the evade
ps: rtl can be interrupted and immobilized

i had to laugh at this part, but maybe we are playing different games.
“only viable tpvp build” …not the only one, the most op one, and even after the nerf its still strong
“ele is better viable than war” …..okay, we are defenitely playing different games.

Shaku – Elementalist – Made in Meta [MiM]
http://www.twitch.tv/shakuzan

(edited by Sickness.9831)

in PvP

mini.6018

if you have rush, you also have whirlwind attack….nice dmg, evade, gapcloser/disengage…the combination of both of them is just awsome for mobility…yeah, they are taking two weaponskill slots instead of one, but whirlwind attack is just such an awsome skill, it isnt like youve got one skill less in an actual fight, infight its still awsome dmg and gives additional survivability due to the evade
ps: rtl can be interrupted and immobilized

i had to laugh at this part, but maybe we are playing different games.
“only viable tpvp build” …not the only one, the most op one, and even after the nerf its still strong
“ele is better viable than war” …..okay, we are defenitely playing different games.

You must have missed the patch notes.And yes .We are definately playing different games if you are still holding onto that tunnel vision that war is OP. War was op only because he could trait full tank and max dps.Dps nerfed by 40% on that build leaving them jsut a mediocre tankish cc suport.If there were other builds that could do what hambow was able to before the patch you would have seen people playing them.Now it’s either tanky/cc or focus dps.Both these options are really worse than other classes.One is not tough enough and the other dies too fast if focused compares to other classes(or run away wich in pvp terms is the same as having 1 afk).

I would welcome though any arguments about why warrior has other biable builds for tpvp but please you should bring some strong facts and links if you want to be taken seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

TLDR: I played top 100 tpvp with an Ele. Ele is decent, not useless. However, if we want to win at all cost, we will not play an Ele. It’s not optimized for any job in this game mode.

I was in between NA rank 50-100 before I grew impatient and queue alone without waiting for my friends to be online (end up losing a bunch). My rank now is about 500 something.

• In mid level team queue, or solo queue, Ele can be great. You can kill a lot of people, back cap, tank, heal. I can even control cannon in Sky hammer. Ele is not useless, at least not that bad.
  • However, in high level team queue, Ele is very team dependent. In high level team queues, there are specific roles to be filled, and Ele is not the optimized way to play it. I’m pretty sure my team would have done even better if I had played a different class.

At that level (top 100):

• Bunker: bunkering far/near point is pointless for Ele, since it’s not about who can kill faster, it’s about who can push the other person out of the point and decap it bit by bit. The fight can last minutes. Ele has very few accesses to stability/block, so you will have trouble staying on point to prevent a decap. On top of that d/d bunker ele play style jumps around a lot, and you may accidently go out of the point, giving the opponent one decap tick. However, d/d Ele is not useless as a bunker. With perma Vigor, you can survive pretty well; you just can’t hold point against a high level player who knows how to push/pull/fear. How about bunker mid? Proving mid bunker ele’s ineffectiveness is trivial, and is left as an exercise for the readers xD
  • Team fighter: Ele is pretty good in teamfight. The key thing is to not get focused. If an Ele gets focused, their effectiveness drops by 50% since they have to worry about healing, and hardly do any damage during that time. There are only two reliable escape mechanisms: Lightning Flash, and FGS. It’s always on my bar, regardless of builds. Anything else, Mistform, RTL, etc, is just a delay to your imminent death. Does that mean those skills are useless? No. By delaying your death, you can sometimes kill your opponent back. Or you can also hope the opponent makes mistake, and let you run away with a 40/32 seconds cooldown RTL, which doesn’t happen a lot in high level games. Also, the point of the game is not to kill, but to stay on point. Staying on a point for 5 seconds worth more point than killing a person (without points buffs, of course).

Conclusion: Ele is pretty fun to play at mid/low level. It’s still fun to play in high level games; however, your friends may tell you to bring in another class in serious games. The next tournament may see some Ele, but not many.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: KarsaiB.9475

KarsaiB.9475

Ele is still kitten. Theonly possibly suitable role for ele right now is a glass canon roamer with ok-ish mobility. Don’t wanna use rtl for roaming anyway but for increased burst. It’s also a premium target and pretty much a freekill.
Ofc, you could come up with a very, very defensive defensive build, that would die in 20 seconds instead of 3 but then again, no damage, no mobility. So no point in even trying to run it.
We need our sustain back. In some ways at least.

55 HP Monks // Random scrubadub

in PvP

Django.5923

mini you have no idea…. warr is still op. You just change 2 traits and have the same effect.

At least karsaib and sunshine now what is going on thx for the good posts

btw I’m NOT an ele, i play engi

in PvP

Django.5923

Why actually do eles need to have a cooldown on attunement swap ? Why are they not like engi kits.

It’s not that you can spam anyway because the skills have such high recasts. This would allow much more skilled play

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

This. Something is broken when a heavy, plate-wearing high-HP class is substantially more mobile than the light, cloth-wearing lowest HP class. I like my warrior but the combination of sustain, CC, dmg and mobility is kinda ridiculous. GS + Sw/? is more mobile than my D/D Ele ever was.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Eles are still the worst class in the game for pvp, the only eles you’ll see in high level play are there because they are seriously skilled players. The only way to make it as an ele is to completely outplay your opponent, one mistake and it pretty much means your dead. Even skill level pretty much every other class wins.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

Isn’t it great that such a well designed class with amazing mechanics sees zero play while ranger just presses 1 on shortbow.

It’s really awesome.

in PvP

mini.6018

mini you have no idea…. warr is still op. You just change 2 traits and have the same effect.

There is no possible way to even get remotely close to what UF and soldier plus hammer used to achieve.The loss of dps even if traited into UF again is over 40%.Basicly you go from berserker to soldier dps wise.You know nothing about warrior if you claim this

in PvP

mini.6018

You are only trying to ridiculuze but anything you mention in not even true at 1%.There are a few threads and posts explaining the issue in the minimum detail including myself.But there still are a few people believing otherwise and that’s why they are not the ones making meta builds from everyone.

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Can we not turn this into a “warrior isn’t OP” thread? Yes, Warriors aren’t OP, glad that’s out of the way.

But they’re still more effective in TPvP at just about EVERYTHING better than Ele’s, that’s the point.

If I told someone from another MMO that in GW2 a warrior can zoom around the map or melt people from range better than the iconic “mage” class, they would fall down laughing.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I’ve try to make an ele, make a casual dps build whit staff, go in tournament whit no more games like a ele, find a place where rangeds can’t hit me easy and melee can’t hit me (in Temple and Foefire is easy to find a place like that near the mid point).
Then AoE spam of skill 5 of staff+fire element, skill 5 of light element, healing AoE if needed, and frosen arrow skill 4.
I can do 3.5k damage at second in AoE whitout be attacked by the enemy.

Whit that build you can hold the mid in 2, bunker or thief + you, easy. You stay away hitting whit AoE and the bunker hold the point.
I win the match easy whit a casual team.

That’s a casual build, but don’t say the ele isn’t a good class.
I’ve try it 2-3 time, allways the same result. Very good dps, aoe for everyone and if you play whit strategy you can’t die so easy.
(at last, you’ve mist form, swiftness and auto activating barrier that block 3 attacks to run away and survive)

If a good ele play a build like that I need to kill he quickly because he’s dps is aoe and very very high.
(I’ve try a build 30/10/0/0/30 full berserker whit staff)

in PvP

mini.6018

I’ve try to make an ele, make a casual dps build whit staff, go in tournament whit no more games like a ele, find a place where rangeds can’t hit me easy and melee can’t hit me (in Temple and Foefire is easy to find a place like that near the mid point).
Then AoE spam of skill 5 of staff+fire element, skill 5 of light element, healing AoE if needed, and frosen arrow skill 4.
I can do 3.5k damage at second in AoE whitout be attacked by the enemy.

Whit that build you can hold the mid in 2, bunker or thief + you, easy. You stay away hitting whit AoE and the bunker hold the point.
I win the match easy whit a casual team.

That’s a casual build, but don’t say the ele isn’t a good class.
I’ve try it 2-3 time, allways the same result. Very good dps, aoe for everyone and if you play whit strategy you can’t die so easy.
(at last, you’ve mist form, swiftness and auto activating barrier that block 3 attacks to run away and survive)

If a good ele play a build like that I need to kill he quickly because he’s dps is aoe and very very high.
(I’ve try a build 30/10/0/0/30 full berserker whit staff)

What you said is perfectly true.But the point of this thread is that other classes can civer that role better hence why bring an ele.For example a nade spamming engie or a mesmer could do the same thing a lot better.

Another tricky thing is that spvp only holds 3 or 4 roles while there are 8 classes to chose from.Balancing 2 classes at perfection is practicly impossible so one will always be chosen over the otherr if resulted 1% stronger.Until the balance between proffessions will be perfect someone will always fall short.

That could probably change if they added more gametype modes other than conquest and put into rotation so that will create more roles inside of pvp over the existing ones

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Ele is not kitten , ele is fine . We have totally out of control OP warriors atm with free easy mode sustain and condition clears and the metagame is focusing around them with rangers and necromancers supporting and spamming conditions . Not that long ago ele was top dog and not many nerfs came their way . It is just that some classes were totally overbuffed and they need to be brought back down again , not ele or nonspirit rangers or some other classes/builds buffed

in PvP

Django.5923

mini gets my point finally xD

I don’t say ele is kitten. I love ele (even tough i’m not an ele player). I love having one in my team and that its one of the coolest classes.

The problem is it just has no role in this meta. And for ele to be le’ts say used and not viable, ele needs to find a place in these roles.

For him to find a place there are 2 options: Shave the better options to ele (which probably wont happen), or buff him to the same extend as these other classes.

Which would mean give him more movement.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

So many people think that eles are apparently viable lol. Probably fotm build mains not wanting to deal with the ele meta again, kinda sad.

Eles are not viable at all. Every other role outclasses them.

Build diversity is horrible, survivability is bad, base stats are horrible, damage is decent, condition removal is average.

Why not just play a warrior?

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

So many people think that eles are apparently viable lol. Probably fotm build mains not wanting to deal with the ele meta again, kinda sad.

Eles are not viable at all. Every other role outclasses them.

Build diversity is horrible, survivability is bad, base stats are horrible, damage is decent, condition removal is average.

Why not just play a warrior?

this

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Soldier ammy warrior should never have been able to do what it did , it was mega super duper Op, now warrior is just super strong.

I see lots of people running ele successfully in team que…

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Django.5923

Soldier ammy warrior should never have been able to do what it did , it was mega super duper Op, now warrior is just super strong.

I know like 5 ppl who run ele in high ranked team queue and they could all be more successful on another class.

in PvP

mini.6018

I know like 5 ppl who run ele in high ranked team queue and they could all be more successful on another class.

And following that stream everyone would do better on a spirit ranger .

in PvP

Posted by: swordbreaker.5189

swordbreaker.5189

We got a lot of pll that saying ele is fine but I don’t see any possible role where a Ele is better than an other Class. I wan’t to know where Ele is fine? In Hot Join, Solo Q, Team Q and with rank.
When I wan’t to play Ele in TPvP my mates want me to change to another Class and I can understand why. It’s possible to play ele in TPvP but you automatically have a disadvantage when you have one in you’re team.

in PvP

Django.5923

I have to say that my team plays with an ele and we don’t really play meta and still can stand foot in the meta pretty decent.

But at a certain skillcap (at about top 70) you can’t win with better tactics. Everyone is good there, you need to win the fights and you can’t if you don’t play the op meta builds.

And ele just doesn’t have a place in the “best teambuild”. I don’t want to QQ in here, but this thread shows how less people know about the bad state of ele. We should work together and make this class (which is one of the coolest class designs in my opinion) good again.

So it’s not the question IF the ele is viable but HOW to make him viable again.

in PvP

Posted by: DrLane.5248

DrLane.5248

I still play ele in team Q sometimes ( im like top 50eu or used to be for a very long time).

And 90% of your game you will face 2 warrioirs team → u re screwed

They dont have any warrioirs ? nice , still a Nec and a s/D thief that will own you in 5secs.

Ele was viable before june patch. , but it was not easy to play , and burst wasnt that easy to pull off.
Now as elem , you have to play perfect to win every 1N1 , when your opponents can just make tons of mistake and still win.
In team fights , you still have nice dmge outcome , but you will be the first target in every team fights , with not so much ways to disengage/protect urself → ur team get outnumbered and u jsut loose the team fight.

And when you love elementalist , its a pain to watch this ,Ele is so fun to play , it requires skills to be effective.Then 1 ranger come (culd be any other class) spam 1 for 90% of the time , and he just win.

=> Back to online poker , http://imgur.com/2HDUMp4

Tapss being bored.

[SmK]Tapss , pvp and <°)))))><