Why wasnt Druid touched?

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

There were nerfs to the sustain of most bunkers, the tempest, the chrono, yet druid is fundamentally unchanged. A menders or crusader druid has the same playstyle as prepatch. What gives?

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

I guess there wasn’t qq enough about druid, the focus was on chronobunker and ds tempest.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: Bianca.8943

Bianca.8943

Well they basically annihilated the entire Mesmer class. GG Anet.

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

And not to mention how they deleted eles too lol

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

There were nerfs to the sustain of most bunkers, the tempest, the chrono, yet druid is fundamentally unchanged. A menders or crusader druid has the same playstyle as prepatch. What gives?

Because druid has clear counters?

You can CC him, only 2 sources of stab, 1 is rooted and 1 is an elite.

You can condi bomb the druid too in astral form, AF #2 and Verdant etching is horrible for condition cleanse.

I feel bad for tempest, it had counters too, focus the ds ele and he will melt. Everyone treats the game as 1v1. It should not have been nerfed for DS.

Chronobunkers on the other hand is laughable, 3v1, 2v1, it can hold the point for a long timmme. lots of stab, plus alacrity, plus cleanses..

If you play as a team (even in solo q, but have teammwork with pugs) eles will melt in a 2v1. Druids can be chain CCed in astral form making their mechanic obsolete. I feel bad for ele being nerfed.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

You can condi bomb the druid too in astral form, AF #2 and Verdant etching is horrible for condition cleanse.

I feel bad for tempest, it had counters too, focus the ds ele and he will melt. Everyone treats the game as 1v1. It should not have been nerfed for DS.

Chronobunkers on the other hand is laughable, 3v1, 2v1, it can hold the point for a long timmme. lots of stab, plus alacrity, plus cleanses..

If you play as a team (even in solo q, but have teammwork with pugs) eles will melt in a 2v1. Druids can be chain CCed in astral form making their mechanic obsolete. I feel bad for ele being nerfed.

This is the biggest load. The only profession that can chain stun anything due to the amount of CC they have access to is a warrior. Were talking long Stuns, knock downs, and etc and of multiples of them… Druid absolutely annihilates a warrior.

The truth is ANET doesn’t even know what they put in their own game, because they don’t play it they rely on tears of players who they usually don’t listen to to tell them There simply just wasn’t enough druid complains so they don’t even know about it.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

This is the biggest load. The only profession that can chain stun anything due to the amount of CC they have access to is a warrior. Were talking long Stuns, knock downs, and etc and of multiples of them… Druid absolutely annihilates a warrior.

The truth is ANET doesn’t even know what they put in their own game, because they don’t play it they rely on tears of players who they usually don’t listen to to tell them There simply just wasn’t enough druid complains so they don’t even know about it.

If you read my post, PVP is 5V5. The CC wont be coming from you ALONE.

Warrior only one can chain CC?

I can bet you a 1000 gold right now I can give 2 or more classes that can chain CC.

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I think he’s new to pvp

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Warlord.9074

You said chain stun not chain CC.

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Where on earth did i mention stun?

Even if i take the stun argument, I can bet you 1000 gold right now and I can give other classes that can chain stun.

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Warlord.9074

Even if i take the stun argument, I can bet you 1000 gold right now and I can give other classes that can chain stun.

The point is stun is not the same as soft CC. And Druids/rangers do have plenty of access to stability compared to some other professions, Rangers druids have more. Nice edit by the way. But you can’t edit out your reasoning that their stability is short which is false. Stability only helps vs hard CC like stuns.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

The point is stun is not the same as soft CC. And Druids/rangers do have plenty of access to stability compared to some other professions, Rangers druids have more. Nice edit by the way. But you can’t edit out your reasoning that their stability is short which is false. Stability only helps vs hard CC like stuns.

What?

2 sources is a lot for you? one is rooted and gated by astral force, the other one is an elite.

Can be corrupted, can be stripped, This is the whole problem with the forums, If you can’t beat a class, you deem it is OP.

CC the druid in astral form = no more heals

Again where did i mention soft CC here? immobilize cripple? where?

Just gonna leave this here:

PVP is 5v5 Conquest, you have a team

Warriors have an abundance of stab, mesmers, revenants, guardians, etc.

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Celestial Form has some pretty clear counters. I don’t think it’s much of any issue. It’s quite easy to neuter with some CC. The only things that I find are too powerful when I’m using my Druid is Ancestral Grace and Ancient Seeds. I think both of them need tweaking – possible further CD increases.

Gandara

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Difference is you can 100-0 a Druid in a CC chain in a second or two, can’t do that with a bunker mes. Meanwhile the diamond skin change was just the removal of really poor game design for an overrall healthier game.

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

What?

2 sources is a lot for you? one is rooted and gated by astral force, the other one is an elite.

Can be corrupted, can be stripped, This is the whole problem with the forums, If you can’t beat a class, you deem it is OP.

Not that I’m complaining about druid, but you’re wrong in regards to them having only two sources of stability.

There’s RaO, Celestial Avatar #5, Signet of the Wild, and Enlargement. Slotting all four of these amounts to an impressive amount of stability, and isn’t an unviable combination either.

Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Soilder.3607)

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

What?

Not that I’m complaining about druid, but you’re wrong in regards to them having only two sources of stability.

There’s RaO, Celestial Avatar #5, Signet of the Wild, and Enlargement. Slotting all four of these amounts to an impressive amount of stability, and isn’t an unviable combination either.

Does the meta have that? No.

Noone will trait that in their right mind if you go Marksmanship, you will melt to conditions.

So you will have MM/Druid/x

Wilderness – no boonshare to pet, will not do any damage since you will be playing full bunker. No team support either. High Cd Shouts.

Nature Magic – No might stacking still, no BM. High Cd shouts

BM – 0 condition removal

Signet of the wild, so your utilities are? Daze glyph and signet of stone? 1 stun breaker? cannot see this happening. Solo q only.

But again the game is balanced around 5v5 team conquest.

PS: Noone will run enlargement in competitive play, Clarion Bond offers more esp for the team.

Signet of the wild has a long cast time. Easily interruptable

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

To anyone complaining about druid, play condi rev or any reaper build well and druids will be an issue of the past. Also, if you can avoid pet swaps for bursts on thief druids are also fairly easy to kill with d/p + pulmonary impact trait.

Poor stability access, direct heals also scale very poorly with hp (regen scaling is very strong however), huge weakness to condis and confusion in general (shout build with soldier runes may counter this however), and go down in a 1v2 like cake.

There’s also the issue that the majority of damage from a ranger spec’d druid/x/x comes from bristleback quickness swaps, which still needs to be toned down imo; nerfing bristleback will leave any druid/x/x spec with 0 damage and they will become a non-factor in the meta. GS, sword, axe, and sb all need some serious work in the damage department if a bristleback nerf ever comes to light.

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

how is bristleback balanced? can anyone seriously say bristleback doesn’t need a damage reduction?

druid itself is fine, just nerf bristleback damage PLEASE.

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

how is bristleback balanced? can anyone seriously say bristleback doesn’t need a damage reduction?

bristleback is single target burst, can be reflected, can be dodged, can be LoS’d because it is a projectile.

Are we talking about 1v1 again? you thieves just get buffed in terms of damage. And you guys are complaining about an AI that you can only control 1 skill?

sounds like an l2p issue to me. To be fair ALL ranger pets should be like Bristleback and Smokescale so They can hit their targets.

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

I’m not defending BB damage, I clearly stated it needs to be “toned down”, please read…

The majority of a druids damage in a fight comes from pets, most notably Bristleback. If you nerf Bristleback damage has to be compensated for on weapon skills, all of which are on the weak side for power builds; % mod traits* for GS and LB are awful as one relies on having your endurance full (in pvp, yea right…) and the other requires they have a movement impairing debuff, meanwhile HoT introduced multiple traits for several classes that provide removal for immob, cripple, chill, and duration decreases for these skills that are on very low icd’s.

In order for GS to perform well as a melee option, you’d need high swiftness uptime, constant cripple and chill removal (which kills youre ability to remove condis through the druid line and seeds) and to reliably be able to stick to a target that is likely to drop several point aoes that will almost insta gib you if you try and stay in melee range for a few seconds; GS ranger is incredibly easy to kite. There is really too much to discuss in terms of balancing out power weapons for ranger when nerfing pets such as bristleback or smokescale.

To get to the point quickly, any bursty or high continuous pressure would require a ranger to forgo taking the Druid line, severely reducing defensive capabilities. Sure, you shouldn’t have a class that can do everything (cough cele tempest cough), but nerfing pets into the ground and doing nothing else isn’t the solution; this would essentially turn any power based ranger spec into a less mobile thief. There still exist too many braindead aoe condi bombs and point coverage skills that really hurt conquest balance imo, another thing that hurts melee based power specs such as warrior, thief, rev, and ranger.

I’m done… I think…

(edited by AegisFLCL.7623)

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Why druid got untouched? Here is answer.

In order to sell HoT expansion to earn money for anet, some elite specs should be OPer than anything ever, such as reaper, druid, scrapper are good example.

Of course, dd cele eles had been claimed for more than a year for their OPness. I am pretty sure they had to delete it becuz it kept ripping off anet’s credibility since they haven’t removed it for more than a year.

But in reality, they actually made alternative sustain spec like druid. So just play it if you own HoT, and just pwn people around until they would play same OP spec in the future.

If you want real fair game plz run core build.

But plz don’t be angry, anet need to sell games thus They would make some random x thing OP regularly. They probably nerf it regularly as well wen people claim too much, just like dd ele case.

All you have to do is understanding anet’s business model, and just play OP class, and pwn people.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Amusing that you went the “ELITE SPEC PAY TO WIN!!!!” path with druid, Online. It’s one of the few professions right now where the elite spec isn’t just a straight upgrade to the base profession.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-versus-Druid/first#post5955495

Druid is extremely strong at what it does, but for the ranger it isn’t always the best option depending on what you intend to do.

Is core ranger meta? No. But then it wasn’t meta BEFORE druid was introduced either.

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

What?

Does the meta have that? No.

Noone will trait that in their right mind if you go Marksmanship, you will melt to conditions.

So you will have MM/Druid/x

Wilderness – no boonshare to pet, will not do any damage since you will be playing full bunker. No team support either. High Cd Shouts.

Nature Magic – No might stacking still, no BM. High Cd shouts

BM – 0 condition removal

Signet of the wild, so your utilities are? Daze glyph and signet of stone? 1 stun breaker? cannot see this happening. Solo q only.

But again the game is balanced around 5v5 team conquest.

PS: Noone will run enlargement in competitive play, Clarion Bond offers more esp for the team.

Signet of the wild has a long cast time. Easily interruptable

WS, Druid, and Marksmanship will not melt to conditions.

You run Empathetic Bond, Verdant Etching, Glyph of Rejuvenation, Glyph of Equality, Gylph of Alignment, Bristleback and Smokescale. You have three sources of 2 condition removals (glyphs), EB to proc every 10 seconds (your pets are tanky + you have healing from druid so they won’t melt) and you have #2 in celestial avatar form. You also have enlargement equipped along with Signet of the Wild and RaO, stuns are nothing to you. Oh, and I forgot to mention druids have that trait with removes all conditions upon entering CA form.

This is not an unviable setup at all and is commonly run. Often times the team does not need Clarion Bond as swiftness and fury are some of the most commonly produced boons in the game in a team setup.

Also, you can’t be claiming that this won’t fit against meta specs as the meta amulet, celestial, has only been gone for less than a week. No one knows what the new meta is yet.

Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Soilder.3607)

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

I don’t see many people running MM/WS/Druid – for good reasons.

1st: this build WILL suffer from heavy conditions pressure. Bristleback has only 15,4k hp and is very vulnerable to conditions, especially without BM (low hp and higher cd on petswap). If it is dead, smokescale will die sooner or later too and then you are left without your main dmg and only with the delayed and stationary cleanse from glyphes and CA.

I would use EB only in combination with shouts/soldier rune (unlike glyphes this is actually a reliable way to remove condis from the pet) and beastmastery.

2nd: SotW and RaO are on 60 sec cd (unless you give up MoC, which is usually the main reason, why druids trait for MM) and have 1 second casttime. You have to use them preventive and can’t use them as reaction to cc. If you get jumped, it is already too late.

3rd: Without protection from NM and no SoS/Guard, the build is weak against power spikes too.

4th: NM/BM offers better dmg than MM because of stronger pets and might stacking. On top of better survability against direct dmg. You don’t gain much by taking MM as druid (MoC got nerfed, Remorseless only usefull with RaO – so 9 seconds every minute).

5th: No swiftness/running speed increase and untraited main heal (unless you use the healing glyphe, which is weaker than traited TU or HaO).

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Druids were not close to the problem Chronos and Tempest were. They may or may not need nerfs but not in the same league as those two were last meta.

Why wasnt Druid touched?

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

And not to mention how they deleted eles too lol

The fact ele was part of the meta for so long, I think no one would shed a tear. But the hate for Mesmers because they were meta for once is super unreal.