in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

that is just rank suicide no ?

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

not every1 cares about rank. Solo Que is still a great option for the semi competetive player who can’t stand the trash that is hot join.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Last I checked you don’t get paid for having a high rank, so I am just fine with not caring about it.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

1. Don’t care.
2. Lack of alternative options, given that 5v5’s are dead.
3. Couldn’t understand why the hell everyone was zerging in WvW and letting themselves getting backcapped* as a result of their horrid tunnel vision.
4. The actual alternative is to log-out and open up another game.

The great forum duppy.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Salvo.8290

Salvo.8290

Actually join solo is horrible. You cant be semi competetive with leavers/afkers. It is absolutely rank suicide, plus you will be pitted in an uneven match against premades. Anet has successfully split the community again into hotjoins and 5 person teams. There is no path you can take to get better as a solo player. And yes it is absolute rank suicide.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

SwickHobo.5096

Actually join solo is horrible. You cant be semi competetive with leavers/afkers. It is absolutely rank suicide, plus you will be pitted in an uneven match against premades. Anet has successfully split the community again into hotjoins and 5 person teams. There is no path you can take to get better as a solo player. And yes it is absolute rank suicide.

I’ve been playing solo q’s non stop for the past idk 5 days, i’ve yet to have a single leaver/afk. So i’m gonna say your being slightly dramatic.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Nunganok.4590

Nunganok.4590

not every1 cares about rank. Solo Que is still a great option for the semi competetive player who can’t stand the trash that is hot join.

Yeah but a lot of people actually do care, so…why should the fact that some children dont care and are lazy negatively effect those of us that do care? “Semi-competitive”? Theres nothing competitive about these solo queues. If you dont care you arent competitive in any way shape or form beyond thinking its cool when you get a lucky win since you arent trying.

I’ve been playing solo q’s non stop for the past idk 5 days, i’ve yet to have a single leaver/afk. So i’m gonna say your being slightly dramatic.

You’re lying.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Yeah but a lot of people actually do care, so…why should the fact that some children dont care and are lazy negatively effect those of us that do care? “Semi-competitive”? Theres nothing competitive about these solo queues. If you dont care you arent competitive in any way shape or form beyond thinking its cool when you get a lucky win since you arent trying.
Effect how? A full teams rating will be marginally affected by solo que participants unless they lose, in which case jokes on them. If you’d like to suggest the other formats for solo joining of worth go ahead. There aren’t any. Note I can tell your full of crap since you’re trying to dictate what is and is not “trying”. Solo que by it’s nature will never be a competition relative to team-play seperate or not, as the profession set-up is randomly done. Build wars plays it’s head easily when you solo que, and that won’t change presuming they follow up on their goal of removing character swapping.

You’re lying.

It’s still rather dramatic, I haven’t had anyone leave yet today

The great forum duppy.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Now i believe no one should ever solo que.

Not only you are risking your rating, but you’re also lowering the level of your pre-made, if you create one, making your team to face worse enemies, slowing your ( and their) rating increase.

Solo queing is actually bad and not beneficial in any shape or form.

The only positive note is that MMR will make the same teams to face each other over and over, so the super cheese will soon get discovered, abused, AND NERFED, with subsequentially buffs to other classes.

Maybe balance will come from it, who knows.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Here are the solo spvper options in GW2:

1) Thresh the wheat in Hotjoins (assuming you know how)
2) Solo Queue for a tournament and get placed against a premade.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

then invite your team ( or some guy you think is skilled) in a party and join again.

rinse and repeat till you get a full party.

now you have a premade.

you’re welcome.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Now i believe no one should ever solo que.

Not only you are risking your rating, but you’re also lowering the level of your pre-made, if you create one, making your team to face worse enemies, slowing your ( and their) rating increase.

Solo queing is actually bad and not beneficial in any shape or form.

The only positive note is that MMR will make the same teams to face each other over and over, so the super cheese will soon get discovered, abused, AND NERFED, with subsequentially buffs to other classes.

Maybe balance will come from it, who knows.

Did you check the leaderboards? 2/4 of them is thieves/rangers..yeah so much for “cheesy” classes

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Because I want to play and don’t always have a team available. And yes, its an issue.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

then invite your team ( or some guy you think is skilled) in a party and join again.

now you have a premade.

you’re welcome.

Why even have a solo queue then? “Find a team” seems to be all you people say when confronted. I can only surmise you get your wins purely from fighting a team full of solo queuers, while you are in a premade.

That response is a poor excuse for not splitting solos and premades.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

SwickHobo.5096

“You’re lying”

I’m not. The only “leavers” i’ve had are literally right before we lose like when its 490-X. I figured they weren’t worth mentioning as we were gonna lose with or without them.

Edit: stupid quote messed up and i CBF to fix it.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i do see it as in issue. but sometimes i want to get a quick game in. afterall, games are for fun right? as competitive as they are. or i might not be able to be on with the usuals i tPvP with in the past. or they’re not all onlnie beacuse of IRL stuff.

then i solo join. and i don’t take it as far as seeing how it affects rank, etc. if we get pit against a pre-made. then oops. but we still play our best. in pugs, have beaten pres before. and have been walked all over by pres as well of course. it happens.

when i DO have the time and i know i’ll get to be sitting there playing for a while, then i’ll try to premake. or keep adding peolpe that we played together well in solo joins.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

i do see it as in issue. but sometimes i want to get a quick game in. afterall, games are for fun right? as competitive as they are. or i might not be able to be on with the usuals i tPvP with in the past. or they’re not all onlnie beacuse of IRL stuff.

then i solo join. and i don’t take it as far as seeing how it affects rank, etc. if we get pit against a pre-made. then oops. but we still play our best. in pugs, have beaten pres before. and have been walked all over by pres as well of course. it happens.

when i DO have the time and i know i’ll get to be sitting there playing for a while, then i’ll try to premake. or keep adding peolpe that we played together well in solo joins.

Well yeah games are for fun, but it’s not really fun when you play for something (X goal) and it just goes down the drain when you solo Q when you have no friends to play with.

I don’t know how solo Q and premades are not seperate yet.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

There’s nothing fun about solo queue except for the occasional match where I am pleasantly surprised that my team didn’t do a 5-0-0 opening. It always makes me emo and I just wish I knew who to fellate in order to get groups.

Just now I had a mesmer, while I and an enemy were downed, just blurred frenzy the air. I ended up dying because the ranger used the pet rez and the mesmer was afk.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

(edited by mbh.8301)

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

SwickHobo.5096

There’s nothing fun about solo queue except for the occasional match where I am pleasantly surprised that my team didn’t do a 5-0-0 opening. It always makes me emo and I just wish I knew who to fellate in order to get groups.

Just now I had a mesmer, while I and an enemy were downed, just blurred frenzy the air. I ended up dying because the ranger used the pet rez and the mesmer was afk.

Its a lot more fun then hot join will ever be tho. and the 5-0-0 openings seem to be a thing of the past. Haven’t had it happen to me or an opponent in a long while.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Altwazar.3708

Altwazar.3708

Same. Played 80 games and don’t see a single leaver or get stomped by premade. I like how matchmaking system working.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Not everyone cares about leaderboards, but those who don’t may now have fewer opportunities to play against each other, since there will be fewer people willing to queue without a 5-man.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

At OP, one would solo Q, because:

1) They don’t like the abomination that are hotjoins and ‘tournaments’ are the only pvp alternative.

2) They don’t have a regular team, because it quit due to the game being purring meow.

3) They wish to have quick and relatively decent matches without the constant shrine mobbing that is present in hotjoin, but without the nuisance of trying to look for randoms to make a premade.

4) Because, perhaps, they have a set amount of people they want to play with, but cannot due to the fact most quit the game for games with an actual pvp; moreover, the pvp in its current form is barely worth the effort of making premades. What do you gain from stomping soloers? DEM CHESTZ SOU GUD? Or is it that whooping extra 200 glory? Whoa! The sad part is, some actually ARE farming tournies for the title, lolilol.

Extra facts:

- Premades can and SHOULD go to hotjoin, join an empty room and invite another premade and do skirmish matches with it. You’d actually learn a thing or two that way, instead of farming solo Q. If you form a premade, that must mean you are at least partially serious, and as such, your end objective should be to get better at the game…rite? Consider it preparation for Custom Arenas, which will without doubt satisfy all your competitive desires. Cough.

- Why do you tell solo queuers to make a premade and do exactly what they hate most – stomp randoms with a premade. Sorry, but that can barely be called a solution.

- GW1 Random Arenas are more competitive than 2-team tournaments are.

For the record, I’ve had my share of leavers, and I left once or twice myself, because it is pointless to bother when you face a premade and your team opts for the hotjoin cap tacticz, and even fails at that, resulting in a 100-0 innitial score. Do tell WHY exactly should anyone NOT have the right to leave that kind of a team.

Oh yea, almost forgot about the ratings – probably the most accurate and truthful information about your own performance ever to have been implemented in a game. Especially because they operate under the way of the ninja, and thus cannot be seen until their mighty creaters feel like displaying them in all their glory. Srs bzns.

Does that mean I don’t try to form a partial premade team when I can somehow persuade one or two guildies to tag along? I most definitely do so, but we (well, they; I somewhat care enough to at least trash the purring meow squeak game and whoever farms solo queuers) take the game as serious as hello kitty online, and that is how it should be, for this excuse of a pvp barely deserves something beyond that. Moreover, we usually get to carry a few straight from la, so we’re in for some guaranteed quality matches. Cough cough.

So, super serial esportz-wanna-be premades, what is YOUR excuse? Or if I simply reformulate the OP’s question…Why would one join as a premade?
To farm what are for the most part matches you’d be able to win blindfolded or 4v5?

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Wow, you guys hate solo Q…

I guess if MMR and winning are your things, congrats you’ve got a nice leaderboard but kind of only one way to hunt to the top of it (dedicated premades) :/

I personally haven’t had any major issues with solo queing yet, the occasional leaver is annoying, but to put it frankly, winning every match isn’t everything… at least from an enjoyment perspective. There are still enemies to kill and BOs to cap even in most 4v5s or decntly imbalanced matches and that at least keeps me entertained short of the occasional roflestomping premade against rank 5~s or terribly matched 4v5 or 3v5…

The matchmaking in this game is far from golden but compared to the other PvP MMOs out there… they really can make it seem to shine from time to time (and I know GW2 is far from good).

(edited by garethh.3518)

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

For competitive play solque is now a locked door. A-Net has just to split soloq-teams from premades and everyone is happy.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

For competitive play solque is now a locked door. A-Net has just to split soloq-teams from premades and everyone is happy.

Rather, they should have a guild ladder and an individual ladder, so premades have to play under a guild tag.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Rather, they should have a guild ladder and an individual ladder, so premades have to play under a guild tag.

I don’t know how things going in NA, but in EU the guild-ladder would probably cotain 15 guilds max. It’s too early/too late to do that.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

WTB ID district.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Nunganok.4590

Nunganok.4590

now you have a premade.

you’re welcome.

Hammerheart and I have been spvp’ing/tpvp’ing in premades since BWE’s. Our Unique ID’s on the forums are not our UID’s in game. So dont look us up and rate us on that. We dont like revealing who we are.

We roll with premades all day, we roll you and people like you all day. But, as people on the top, we have noticed these huge defects in the system and are trying to voice our opinions NOT as scrubs on the bottom, but as hardcore spvp’ers on the top noticing the sad state of the game for you little peons, filthy peasants.

Sorry if that offends you, deal with it.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Hotjoin or full premade. Otherwise you’re just going to feed farmer’s premades..

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

We roll with premades all day, we roll you and people like you all day. But, as people on the top, we have noticed these huge defects in the system and are trying to voice our opinions NOT as scrubs on the bottom, but as hardcore spvp’ers on the top noticing the sad state of the game for you little peons, filthy peasants.

/pat

Haha, you do realize the state of the game is by far sadder for players such as yourself, than for the usual ‘peasant’. Take a deep breath, and you’ll realize why that is so. I feel really bad for you, man.

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

All I do is solo que. Once in while I’ll que with a group, but for the most part I just run solo.

Rank and the leaderboard doesn’t really mean that much to me. I just enjoy playing against people equal to or greater in skill. Yeah sometimes I’ll run into a +50r premade or 4v5. But for the most part it isn’t a nightmare like most people make it out to be.

So pretty much I play because it’s fun and I enjoy it. Shocking I know.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

I play both, and sure playing solo is probably lowering our premade rating, but honestly, who cares about a number of an unsuccesfull pvp game with no esports for now and for years to come.
You need to be a true gw2 spvp believer to care about it, and it’s pretty hard to be one when reality is so harsh; one can delude itself to believe that what he does is good and sweet and true, but it’s hard to delude oneself that blue and green are the same color.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

now you have a premade.

you’re welcome.

Hammerheart and I have been spvp’ing/tpvp’ing in premades since BWE’s. Our Unique ID’s on the forums are not our UID’s in game. So dont look us up and rate us on that. We dont like revealing who we are.

it seems that someone got buttuhurt, what a pity.

Chill out and overcome an EASY overcomeble problem. There’s a flaw in the system and that’s sure, but you can bypass it by simply joining and adding a guy each time you fight, in order to get a premade, so that you can at least avoid leavers, afkers and people who don’t know how to play .

It’s simple logic, and i was not looking down at any one, unlike you, mr “pro” ( LOL)

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

I’ve only ever solo Q’d – win rate around 50/50. Has more to do if your co-joiners have played tourneys before.

Tiger

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

i don’t care about my ranking

even if i lose a match i still have fun playing

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

I’m pretty sure someone has rocks in thier head if they think the system should stay as is with premades and solo players in the same leaderboards. They shouldn’t even be in the same que let alone ranking system. I expect it will change eventually but arena net are working as best they can ATM with limited resources. Not that it’s an excuse, it simply is what it is. The alternative is to not play or get into a team. I like to have aargh friends list for this very reason.

I’m always up for a game as long as you are normal and not a complete drop kick. Feel free to add me, but I insist on VoIP of some program or another, I just hate typing.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Julius.1094

Julius.1094

That’s very lucky bro, but not a shared experience. I have had dozens of afkers and leavers solo queuing, not to mention times when everyone but me in my team was single digit rank and we go up against a team of full 40’s and 50’s at which point no matter how hard I work, i can’t compensate for new players basically running around clueless. And it doesn’t break even o the chance because you’ll periodically face pre-mades with a full pug, and voice alone and a more functional comp give them an instant advantage. Note that all of those things dont’ actually have anything to do with your individual skill level. Yes, it’s “possible” to get up on the leader-board through a combination of luck/solo queuing a LOT, but the overwhelming majority of players up on the board don’t solo queue much if at all. It’s a kittenty system. It should be split and with different rankings.

Vidallis – 50 Shades of Pink – Engi/Warrior

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Wow the stench of elitism stinks in the morning. If nobody solo queued you wouldnt have any matches popping or the ones you did would be the same few groups that were running full premades at any one time. Thats why this game will never get healthy the people that think they are elite are totally delusional about the number of people doing spvp and actually want to make it harder or disuade people from doing it unless they do x,y,z.

(edited by Kwll.1468)

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

That’s very lucky bro, but not a shared experience. I have had dozens of afkers and leavers solo queuing, not to mention times when everyone but me in my team was single digit rank and we go up against a team of full 40’s and 50’s at which point no matter how hard I work, i can’t compensate for new players basically running around clueless. And it doesn’t break even o the chance because you’ll periodically face pre-mades with a full pug, and voice alone and a more functional comp give them an instant advantage. Note that all of those things dont’ actually have anything to do with your individual skill level. Yes, it’s “possible” to get up on the leader-board through a combination of luck/solo queuing a LOT, but the overwhelming majority of players up on the board don’t solo queue much if at all. It’s a kittenty system. It should be split and with different rankings.

Don’t argue with the guy I check the score board after every match and even before this leadboard was released I would say 1 person left on the losing side in at least 20% of the matches. At least most were respectful and didn’t drop until the very end. Now thats people dropping after playing for a bit not even 4v5 matches lol where someone never participated you probably could get up to about 30%-40% of matches affected. Now that leaderboards are out and you can game the system once the word gets out about this, and thats the thing most people didn’t know you could drop and it won’t count, you will see even more people doing it. It’s called human nature.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

Well yeah games are for fun, but it’s not really fun when you play for something (X goal) and it just goes down the drain when you solo Q when you have no friends to play with.

I don’t know how solo Q and premades are not seperate yet.

same reason why they canceled paids

amateur premades afraid to fight experienced premades

so it seems amateur premades want to fight solo player teams only.

and atm anet supporting the premades i guess.

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: mursie.3681

mursie.3681

I don’t think you can “drop out”. If you log back in, it puts you right back in the match.

are you saying you drop out and stay logged out of game for 15 mins hoping match will actually end before you relog in?

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

I don’t think you can “drop out”. If you log back in, it puts you right back in the match.

are you saying you drop out and stay logged out of game for 15 mins hoping match will actually end before you relog in?

i’ve seen people leave a few points before winning team gets 500 points.
Dont think they have to wait that long…

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

You sir, are a kitten head (Richard Knoggin).

Hide behind anonymity all you want. It does not change that you are a kitten head (Richard Knoggin).

You are a cancer to this community with an attitude like that, and if the real PvPers come back to this game, then you will most likely be a nobody. Enjoy your time at the top.

I am not sorry in the slightest if that offends you.

As far as the OP is concerned… If you have any intention of getting on the leader board in its current incarnation, then you should not solo que. As others have said though, there are very few currently taking the competition in this game seriously, so play to enjoy the competition rather than fretting about rank. If you want to have a realistic chance of winning without playing the 8v8 trashfest hotjoin, then try to get some population on a 5v5 hotjoin server where at least the game can be somewhat decent (I know, there are never full 10 man hotjoins, but perhaps the premade v solo issue in tourney will force people into them to make them work).

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I do solo q’s and it’s simple because I really don’t care about my w/l ratio.

I also don’t have a team to play with and I enjoy a samller/more coordinated game.

Sometimes I’ll join with a with a friend.

Just another noob thief…

Why would one solo Q

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

This comment makes me wonder when the last time was you actually solo queued. The problem is not that solo queuers are unable to grasp basic conquest mechanics, but that ArenaNet sees us as fodder for 10-20 ranks higher premades on voicechat.

I solo queue all the time and I run into the same people every night. It’s rare that my pug loses because people play poorly. We lose to premades, superior class compositions, and voicechat.

Solo queues are fun, when you encounter another pug or a somewhat less coordinated premade. They should separate the queues, but it seems they would rather lose all their soloers first.