Why would you SoloQ if you can Team Arenas?

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

TeamQ advantages:

• No Skyhammer
  • No Spirit Watch
  • Better rewards for winning/losing
  • You get to duoQ with your friends
  • Faster Queue time

This is why a great deal of SoloQ’rs are switching to TeamArenas! Keeping up this pace and Solo Arena will end deserted and we’ll be back to square one.

Discussion on how to improve Solo Arenas?

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Depends when you queue it could take a lot longer and likely hood of getting stomped by a real premade group.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Solo que is completely random and anyone has a 50% chance to win…
for dem rank points and tourny chest..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Depends when you queue it could take a lot longer and likely hood of getting stomped by a real premade group.

Not with these new rewards. Team Arenas are so actively populated by solo’ers, duoer’s that you dont even notice a difference. You get an ocasional premade team and it’s still far better than playing on Skyhammer, Spirit Watch.

Solo que is completely random and anyone has a 50% chance to win…
for dem rank points and tourny chest..

Team Arenas provide more rank points for your time, and matchmakings works the same way for SoloQ or TeamQ so the 50% chance to win argument is redundant.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I usually sit around 100-200 rating in team que… so .. no.. the matchmaking would not work the “same way” as soloque.. I would pull my team’s rating to close to the middle of the ladder and I’d be facing a constructed team with 5 randoms.

Same way when we pick up someone’s friend to carry in TQ we get wvwvw teams for the first 5 matches straight then back to getting stomped by super strong teams.

Team arena provides more rank points if you win, good luck winning until you’ve completely tanked your rating…..

Edit; Maybe it works different on EU? I see you don’t have a team que rating and only que solo.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

GOOD FIGHTS!!!!!

< TRAUMATIZED! by ken, wakkey, five, genyen and toker! specially toker! PLZ NERF

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I’ve found the matchmaking to be equally poor in team queue, but the maps and rewards superior.

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Because as kittenolo queue is, I have more of a chance at a fair fight. Going to the team queue as an individual means a high chance of being slaughtered by an organized team.

If I had a team, I’d use the team queue. But nobody wants to make teams with newer players.

in PvP

Posted by: Gewd.8125

Gewd.8125

TeamQ advantages:

• Faster Queue time

This is incorrect. Solo times are around 5 minutes for me, 10 minutes for Tpvp.

There are also fewer people in Tpvp so you often get put against top 50 teams even if you aren’t even top 1000 so you might be getting lower rank per hour.

But I agree that the win bonus for solo q is too low. It should be the same multiplier as tpvp (5x) because the reward was already smaller before this bonus (150 for soloq 200 for tpvp). This was a good ratio.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Good matches are more reward than gold/wintersday boxes. All I want are good, challenging but close fights against opponents near my skill level.

Rewards are nice, but fights are better.

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

TeamQ advantages:

• No Skyhammer
  • No Spirit Watch
  • You get to duoQ with your friends
  • Faster Queue time

This is why a great deal of SoloQ’rs are switching to TeamArenas! Keeping up this pace and Solo Arena will end deserted and we’ll be back to square one.

Discussion on how to improve Solo Arenas?

1. Remove “w t f skyham”
  2. Allow 1-3 people to queue together for it (call it “Standard Arena”) like in SMITE
  3. Make Team Arena 5-person only queue
Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

TeamQ advantages:

• Faster Queue time

This is incorrect. Solo times are around 5 minutes for me, 10 minutes for Tpvp.

There are also fewer people in Tpvp so you often get put against top 50 teams even if you aren’t even top 1000 so you might be getting lower rank per hour.

But I agree that the win bonus for solo q is too low. It should be the same multiplier as tpvp (5x) because the reward was already smaller before this bonus (150 for soloq 200 for tpvp). This was a good ratio.

I am at EU, I usually get a queue pop in 1 minute if not instantly for Team arenas when queueing solo or with a friend.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Not with these new rewards. Team Arenas are so actively populated by solo’ers, duoer’s that you dont even notice a difference. You get an ocasional premade team and it’s still far better than playing on Skyhammer, Spirit Watch.

Guess it depends what your MMR is too because vast majority of my matches are premade teams. How do i know? Because I recognize enemy team names. You can sometimes check by right clicking their names to see if they are in party.

I play soloq if I don’t have a fully party for team arena. If soloq is too slow then hotjoin troll skyhammer. =]

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

You want to know why I don’t run team queue?

Because I just did, and we lost 500-40. And when it was over, these were the ranks of the players.

Their team: 40 – 40 – 49 – 47 – 48. Average, around 45.
Ours: 40 – 12 – 22 – 1 – 1. Average, around 15.

This is during prime playing time on a weekend in the US.

Any questions?

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

I’ve been trying this and its working.
Been having a lot of low ranks on both sides and queues are much faster than solo.
Had a couple games that were even quite close

in PvP

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

Solo Queue win = 400 glory, 700 rank points, 25 silver
Solo Queue loss = 150 glory, 150 rank points, 12.5 silver
Team Queue win = 500 glory, 1300 rank points, 30 silver
Team Queue loss = 175 glory, 175 rank points, 15 silver

Assuming 50% win ratio for Solo Queue, you get (on average, per match):
275 glory, 425 rank points, 18.75 silver
For Team Queue you need to attain a 30.769% win ratio to get the same average glory per match.
You need to attain a 22.222% win ratio to get the same average rank points per match.
You need to attain a 25% win ratio to get the same average silver per match.

Of course, 100% loss in a Team Queue is still typically better than anything you could hope to farm in a hot join. So if you’ve been using hotjoins for farming, just go lose a load of Team Queues…who knows, maybe you’ll get lucky and win, then it’s way over the top compared to hotjoin. Of course assuming the Queues are relatively short. Otherwise as you were.

(edited by Simplicity.7208)

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

My last two matches in team queue…

First, a 3v5.
Second, a game we lost because nobody would lead the party or follow my efforts to lead, preferring to all run in circles like headless chickens.

That’s what happens in team queue when you’re a solo player.

My current solo queue win percentage is around 48%. Team queue, around 28%. So no, it’s not me.

in PvP

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

In EU it seems to be less difficult to win in team queue as solo player.. I always join team queue (alone or in team) and have a higher win/lose ratio compared to solo queue.. I just made sure that I’m trained in bunkering as guardian or “zerking” as thief. Judging on how my team looks (or in some instances, after communication) I either bunker or zerk..

(I still prefer going in with a premade because of superior ways of communicating and knowing how your teammates work, knowing when a person is able to survive without support or not… but like some said, going into solo queue just yields worse rewards. And since my win/lose ratio is better in team q, I prefer going team q)

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in PvP

Posted by: TNoD.8143

TNoD.8143

1. Allow 1-3 people to queue together for it (call it “Standard Arena”) like in SMITE

I agree, given the smallish population at high mmr and considering everyone pretty much knows eachother at that level; the chance of having 2-3 people who are already on ts/vent/mumble on the same team is pretty high and guarantees a win.

Lord Vrael [ÆÆÆÆ] – Borlis Pass

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

I que in team arena with 1-2 others and it’s fine. Not going to threaten the top spots by any means, but have won a lot of good games and usually have to earn it. The quality of players and teamplay in yolo que is terrible in comparison.

in PvP

Posted by: TNoD.8143

TNoD.8143

I que in team arena with 1-2 others and it’s fine. Not going to threaten the top spots by any means, but have won a lot of good games and usually have to earn it. The quality of players and teamplay in yolo que is terrible in comparison.

Agreed, however as your mmr goes up, you’ll face top teams with groups of 1-4 that aren’t on voice comms and there is no conceivable universe where the “top team” doesn’t win.

It quickly turns from pretty fair games into getting farmed by people with 60-90% win rate and who have been playing together for months.

I basically have to solo queue if I’m not with a team, because my mmr is high enough for me to face top teams.

As ken said, 5man should be a league of its own and “solo queue” allow for 2 to 4 players to queue up together or solo.

Lord Vrael [ÆÆÆÆ] – Borlis Pass

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Solo Queue win = 400 glory, 700 rank points, 25 silver
Solo Queue loss = 150 glory, 150 rank points, 12.5 silver
Team Queue win = 500 glory, 1300 rank points, 30 silver
Team Queue loss = 175 glory, 175 rank points, 15 silver

Assuming 50% win ratio for Solo Queue, you get (on average, per match):
275 glory, 425 rank points, 18.75 silver
For Team Queue you need to attain a 30.769% win ratio to get the same average glory per match.
You need to attain a 22.222% win ratio to get the same average rank points per match.
You need to attain a 25% win ratio to get the same average silver per match.

Of course, 100% loss in a Team Queue is still typically better than anything you could hope to farm in a hot join. So if you’ve been using hotjoins for farming, just go lose a load of Team Queues…who knows, maybe you’ll get lucky and win, then it’s way over the top compared to hotjoin. Of course assuming the Queues are relatively short. Otherwise as you were.

No I’m not a hotjoin farmer. I’m a pretty well ranked SoloQ player and I find Team Arenas matches more consistent and faster, thus rewarding. Today I played 10 Team Arenas and I only lost one.

For all it’s worth I’m from EU so the Team Arena scene is more active here, thus less change in fighting a premade.

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

team arenas has a lot of teams using cheats atm. i’m getting tired of defeating necros and thieves 1v1 who can insta rez themselves.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Another thing: if you play solo, you are likely to get in group with others soloers.

This means they’ll probably don’t expect to have a lot of wins, and everything will be much more relaxed.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

teamQ is total broken and only good for people who likes to farm easy targets aka go in with team and farm randoms

like this ppl playing thief in wvw farming uplvled players running to there zerg

teamQ was never competive or fair

no other game would do something so stupid and let solo/duo … players join a teamQ
blizzard would laugh about when someone would ask “can i join solo the 3v3 arena please?”

teamQ should be deleted and 5 people team join only – to have all other options is just pathetic

and to force now with more than double rewards solo players to play this is even more pathetic

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

teamQ is total broken and only good for people who likes to farm easy targets aka go in with team and farm randoms

like this ppl playing thief in wvw farming uplvled players running to there zerg

teamQ was never competive or fair

no other game would do something so stupid and let solo/duo … players join a teamQ
blizzard would laugh about when someone would ask “can i join solo the 3v3 arena please?”

teamQ should be deleted and 5 people team join only – to have all other options is just pathetic

and to force now with more than double rewards solo players to play this is even more pathetic

I have a better time in team queue than in solo queue, even by joining solo.

Soloqueue players tend to rage more, teamqueue players are more relaxed. When flame starts, you are sure you lost. Everyone will freak out, and whatever strategy you might have had, it goes down the drain.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

TeamQ [DIS]advantage:

• SLOWER Queue time

Corrected it for you. SoloQ for me is around 1-5 minutes at the very max, while teamQ easily exceeds the 15 minute mark

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

TeamQ [DIS]advantage:

• SLOWER Queue time

Corrected it for you. SoloQ for me is around 1-5 minutes at the very max, while teamQ easily exceeds the 15 minute mark

This is so bullkitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Noc.2459

Noc.2459

I played so many solo team arena matches that I dropped from rank 100 to 90 %. The matches popped really quick and the rank point farm was really good.

Yea…I need more friends to play with…

Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

I dont do teamq because no team will take my ele. And signing up with randoms feels like suicide.

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Also teamQ has the advantage that you can invite people from the previous match to play with you again for the next one if you find they played well!